Everything posted by justme2018
-
Football Friday Night Music
Lil Jon works... I always liked archie and Pastor troy- we ready
-
UK Pass Tournament
The Tenn team I think Franklin was very impressive. Henry Clay made the Pool out of SWHS bracket, and SW beat them. All in All it was a pretty good tourney.
-
Who are the QBs to look out for in KY in 2006?
This kid can play. If he can get better with his Mechanics (Looking off Receivers ETC...) and learn to read the Defense better at line he can be a sleeper. Has a good group of WR to throw to, with a little blocking up front, and a good running game should produce some solid numbers.
-
Wide Recievers to watch out for in '06
Matt Robertson #7 from SW is going to be one to watch. He is a tall and lanky kid. He runs very smooth, and runs great routes. Most of all he can catch the ball. His speed is good.. Doesn't look like he is running as fast as he really is. Could be one to watch.
-
Best Individual Performance....
Scott Blair (SW)1999 against Marion County. 500+ total yards of Offense. 6-7 TD. 3 INT's Can't recall the other stats but it was crazy....
-
Guy Morris (Baylor) and Dean Hood (Wake Forest) at the Rock today!
Coach Hoodie!!! Great GUY and GREAT COACH. He will have a Head Coaching Job one day.
-
PRP 67 Boyle County 43
Wow expected it to be a little better game then that.
-
Boyle Co. 67 Southwestern 51
Well obviously Dustin not hitting his first 3 until 2:49 to go in the 4th shows Fatigue. However I think it had more to do with not coming out of the game, which was due to not having proper depth more then it did having to guard the big man. Now don't get me wrong that didn't help that he was on him the whole game. Dustin was out of position down there with him, and he had to play out of position all year due to ZERO size. Boyle County knew SW was going to be tired, and took chances by going zone on them. It worked b/c SW couldn't hit the ocean with a tennis ball on Sat night. I did think the Officials had some effect on the game b/c it seemed to me and (I could be wrong) It seem on more then one occasion if the arrow was going to Boyle it would be a jump ball, but if it was SW ball in a tie up then they called a foul and those can change games...Now you can say Oh well you are just blaming the refs for a loss...... No I am not. I am saying that is what I saw, and I have played sports all my life. The fact that SW took the ball down low with a big man and only got to the free throw line I think 2-3 times in the 2nd half, raises my eyes brows some b/c Boyle is a physical team. However the lack of an inside game, and not being able to hit shots to get Boyle out of the Zone killed them.
-
Boyle Co. 67 Southwestern 51
Yes, it was a very good game. Sw gets some shots to fall in the 1st qtr and Boyle doesnt get out to such a big lead the game might have been different. Dustin F not hitting his 1st 3 until about 3 mins to go in the 4th tells you how well SW shot the rock. Great season by the Warriors! Sorry to see Dustin F's career end I have watched that kid grow since he was a ball boy when I played. Good luck to Boyle at Rupp!!!
-
Boyle Co. 67 Southwestern 51
Originally Posted by SwhsWarrior2000 I was at one of the Holiday tourneys in Lexington and They where locked into a 1/2 court style game and got crushed. So I wouldn't say that. Come tourney time you need to be able to run 1/2 court sets. SW got beat on the 1/2 court offense tonight because they didnt have any. Boyles 3-2 zone killed them and SW Not hitting a 3 or any shot for that matter didn't help. As I said in a another thread if SW gets locked into a 1/2 court game they will lose, and thats what happen tonight. THe Refs were HORRIBLE Both ways. They shouldnt be allowed back in a gym ever!!!
-
East Jessamine vs Southwestern
With 2 players now being hurt.. Starting to look alot like 2000 with Super getting hurt as well???!! Hopefully a different outcome thou tonight.
-
East Jessamine vs Southwestern
Did you not play any sports? I thought every athlete or person who played sports did believe in it. LTW Yes I DO!! ha-ha.... Sitting here at work watching the UK game on a little Tv we brought in.. ha-ha
-
East Jessamine vs Southwestern
Just a bit of history. The last time SW was in the final four of the region was in 2000 and it was on March 10th at 530 CNT time 630 EST time!! The game this year is March 10th at 6:30est. VERY WEIRD!! Only reason I remember this is because I was playing in the 2000 game against H-Burg.
-
Do you remember your last high school game?
Playing Harrodsburg for the right to go the 2000 12th Region Championship game. Lost by 4 to them. I fouled out with 1:45 left from a crap call when going for a loose ball. (Officiating was bad on both ends that game). 6 seniors on the team with a JR who could fill it up. 2 days before the game Isaiah Super tore his ACL in Practice. If we would have had him and his aver of 12 points a game we win and would have played Mercer Co in the championship game. Super tried to play in the game but just couldn't move and it was gutsy effort by him to even try. Even without him we had chanced to win just didn’t hit our FT's. Of course that is the same team (SW) that won the 48th district title that year out of the blue. We were loaded athletically but only had played as a full team that senior year after a couple people quit then rejoined their Senior year. 3 guys who had played all basketball and then 2 that came on from the football team that hadn't played since their freshman/soph years. Loaded SR class. (Blair, Boon, Merrick, Tingle, Maybrier, Skaggs, Gregory and one outstanding JR in Super) Those were the day’s Super stays healthy I still think we play in RUPP.
-
12th Region
I was at one of the Holiday tourneys in Lexington and They where locked into a 1/2 court style game and got crushed. So I wouldn't say that. Come tourney time you need to be able to run 1/2 court sets.
-
Most number of D-1A recruits from a single team
Southwestern had 6 on the 1999 team. Lead by 2 Ky Allstar players Blair, and Boon.
-
Southwestern TE/DE Matt McWhorter receives offer:
Congrats Matt and to James. :ylsuper: I take great pride in knowing I helped get you there! ha-ha
-
Favorite Places to Play
I always like playing at Danville b/c of the Tradition there. Bell Co was fun if you wanted to play a football game then fight the refs after the game. Boyle Co great field and awesome fans it made for a great atmosphere. Enjoyed playing at South Laurel but only because there was great Scenery to look at and I am not talking about the Hills or country side!! :thumb: Of course no place like home SW!
-
Bullitt East 31 Southwestern 0
Agree 100% Bucknut!!! Every Team has some curse they can't shake. Red sox finally got their curse off, the Bills never did. In sports it's all about match-ups, who plays the best that night. The Warriors needed to play their best game to beat BE, and probably played the worse game they could. The defense kept them in it the 1st qtr, but you can't ask them to do it as often as they had too. You can't have TO's like SW did against a 11-0 team and win. Just won't happen.
-
Best running backs in EKY last 20 years!
If you are going to count Rockcastle as East ky. Then you have to throw in Southwestern and SW's Scott Blair of 1999.
-
Southwestern at Bullitt East
Not Enough in my Opinion. I am a big believer in guys playing 2-3 sports. I wish i would have played basketball all 4 years instead of just my Fr, and SR years.