Bullitt East 31 Southwestern 0

Charger1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a shocker, not that SW lost but the margin. I don't know but this is a bunch of years in a row with (and I'm sure the SW supporters can tell me) that SW has failed to make it past the 2nd week of the playoffs with a bunch of scholarship athletes on their squad. I know that SW gets a lot of credit statewide for their schedule and their style of football but at some point this has to quit being an accident. They've lost as a favorite and an underdog, both at home and on the road. It just seems that maybe this coaching staff is better at marketing their players and program and not so good at truly competing at a state level. I'm not saying that's anything to be ashamed of mind you--all those kids with scholarships will attest to that. This was supposed to be the year that a balanced offense took them deep into the playoffs--didn't happen and I don't think its going to. I think it is decision time at SW. Go with a genuinely good person who tries to help his kids get to the next level or try to win--evidently it can't be both. I guess if were up to me I'd leave it as is--but there would be some changes on the staff and on offense.

Tuff game to comment on.. The Warriors never got of the bus.. As far as AverageJoe's comments on the staff go.. He could not be more wrong.. The coaches didn't put the ball on the ground 7 times in the first half alone, not to mention a couple of picks and the coaches didn't drop any wide open passes.. BE didn't do anything different that we had not seen.. They are a solid ball club but not in the same class as Boyle, BowlingGreen, or Highlands...

How did the Rakes kid do for Bullitt East? Stats?

I know his family, and they are a class act.

Frances

Rakes played well on both sides of the ball.. Don't have the stats yet but he ran for at least 150 yds or more and made some great plays on D...

Do you know him or his family, Cammando? If you do, it sure makes it easy to root for them. Great people. :thumb:

Frances

Don't know the family but we've had to face Rakes for a couple of years and he is a great competior who never takes a play off..

Congrats on a great season Southwestern! Now I hope to see you all out supporting the Jumpers in the regional final next week!

Yep, great season Southwestern! We were pulling for you over here at Somerset, and you all had a great, great season. Best of luck to you all in the offseason, and hopefully best of luck to us next week when Paintsville comes to town.

I think it is decision time at SW. Go with a genuinely good person who tries to help his kids get to the next level or try to win--evidently it can't be both. I guess if were up to me I'd leave it as is--but there would be some changes on the staff and on offense.

It is a real shame that people who have no idea about what goes on, make assinine comments.

Warriors simply did not get it done. Seven turnovers, that is never good. BE is a good team and I think they will give Boyle a good game next week. Loved the atmosphere and admire the support that the Chargers get from their fans.

Rakes is an outstanding football player. He made several plays on defense, rushed for 170 yards and had 30+ yards rec.

Southwestern had a good season and I want to thank all the Seniors for everything they have put into the program over their careers. Looking forward to next year.

This was a shocker, not that SW lost but the margin. I don't know but this is a bunch of years in a row with (and I'm sure the SW supporters can tell me) that SW has failed to make it past the 2nd week of the playoffs with a bunch of scholarship athletes on their squad. I know that SW gets a lot of credit statewide for their schedule and their style of football but at some point this has to quit being an accident. They've lost as a favorite and an underdog, both at home and on the road. It just seems that maybe this coaching staff is better at marketing their players and program and not so good at truly competing at a state level. I'm not saying that's anything to be ashamed of mind you--all those kids with scholarships will attest to that. This was supposed to be the year that a balanced offense took them deep into the playoffs--didn't happen and I don't think its going to. I think it is decision time at SW. Go with a genuinely good person who tries to help his kids get to the next level or try to win--evidently it can't be both. I guess if were up to me I'd leave it as is--but there would be some changes on the staff and on offense.

I have several friends that have graduated from SW and my wife is a SW grad, I have rooted for them for quite some time. I feel something has to give, last week it was talk about the scouts this and the scouts that after they won. But now that they loss ive not heard that.