12th Region

I agree they are two of at least 8 teams that could win this region. I haven't seen east play in person, but west is definately a regional contender. and I think east has beaten them once so that makes east a regional contender. Do not count out Rock, or Casey. They have the ability to win it also.

I know you all are mentioning Somerset, Southwestern Boyle, and Lincoln but there are two teams you're missing and that is East and West. Give them some respect let's talk about this region.

East lost to Somerset and Boyle. And West lost to Licolin and East. I don't see either playing in the regional championship, even though this region is wide open.

Don't you mean when the shoot the ball good.......live by the three, die by the three.

No, even when they do not shoot the ball well, they play great defense. If they are locked into a total half-court game, they could be in some trouble. But so far this year, that hasn't happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Might have been a reason everyone was talking about Southwestern and Boyle Co. Both advance to the 12th Regional championship game. Going to be a game with two different styles of play. One wants to run and score 60 to 70 the other wants the slow play and score 30 to 40. We'll know by 9pm. which one works.

I was at one of the Holiday tourneys in Lexington and They where locked into a 1/2 court style game and got crushed. So I wouldn't say that.

Come tourney time you need to be able to run 1/2 court sets.

Yes, you have to run half-court sets. But you also want to get some easy baskets in transition. Locked into a total half-court game means no transition baskets.