Everything posted by MexicanBob
- St. Henry 2015-16
- St. Henry 2015-16
-
12th region Top 5
I'm not a SW fan at all. But I've seen his teams play in the past. His PIke Central team was well coached. SW did win a bunch of games last year and lost to a very good Mercer team in Region. If you are a Mercer fan then you know their team is talented beyond their years. If I had to take SW players or Mercer - it wouldn't be close. I'd rather have Mercer, so the fact that SW lost to them doesn't reflect poorly on the coach. I wouldn't confuse his personality with his ability to coach a team.
-
12th region Top 5
Parents not like you does not mean that you can't coach. At Pike Central, they were mediocre before he got there, he took them to final 4. They were mediocre after he left..... He inherited a situation at SW where the parents are hard to please. Lots of chiefs not enough Indians so to speak. Does he have a pleasant personality? Haha. But to say he can't coach is a reach.
-
12th region Top 5
The thing those four teams have in common is they are all very we'll coached.
-
Top Teams By Region
Franklin is good. But Lafayette is special.
-
Top Teams By Region
It's my lack of knowledge about that area. Both have good teams.
-
Top Teams By Region
I can't see how losing Graham won't hurt GRC. As for Mason, they have been an underperformer for some time. Typically high hopes that don't pan out. Their younger group has been winners all the way through, I think they break through this season. In any event, I really don't see a run a way in the region regardless who wins.
-
Top Teams By Region
Losing Graham will hurt badly. Mason has a great group of rising Soph who I think will push them over the top. In the end if GRC wins the region, it won't be a runaway.
-
What schools could be forced to change their name?
Not in today's America... Minorities (not of the racial kind, necessarily), do tend to rule. They raise so much fuss and make such loud noise that the majority becomes afraid of being labeled in some negative way. If you have an opinion that offends anyone, then you are chastised.
-
Top Teams By Region
Here's my stab at it 1) Marshall County 2) University Heights. 3) Owensboro Catholic 4) Glasgow 5) E-Town 6) Butler 7) Sacred Hart 8) Simon Kenton 9) Newport Cath 10) Mason County 11) Lafayette 12) Mercer Co 13) Clay 14) Leslie. 15) Shelby Valley 16) East Carter Lots of competitive Regions this year.....
-
Top Teams By Region
Anyone care to take a stab at all 16?
-
Clay Birdwhistell named Anderson Co head coach
Enlighten those of us who don't know who this is.....
-
BluegrassPreps.com Girls Rankings 1-7-14
not sure how GRC could be added and Whitley not in it.... Whitley beat GRC by 15 or so. And beat Eastern by 20 or so. Whitley was in it last week, and didn't play, but fell out..... go figure.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Girls New Years Eve Top 20 Rankings Discussion
Whitley County beat Eastern by like 20......
-
New Updated Scott County High School Lady Cardinals Hoopfest Schedule November 22-23
does anyone have the results of these games? I'd love to know how South Laurel did on Friday and Corbin on Saturday....
-
Crosby Middle School 7th Grade Girls Team
Hey... does anyone know anything about Crosby's 7th grade team? Who are their best players. What do they like to do.
-
Corbin vs. Whitley County finally happening?
Can't imagine what the Whitley AD would have to do with them not playing? If Jewel is fine with playing Whitley at Coribn in the pigskin, any issue with Whitley's AD shouldn't prevent them from playing at Whitley. If I understand correctly, Corbin would get Whitley at home twice and only have to go to Whitley once. Sounds more than fair to me.
-
13th Region Tournament goes to The Arena
I've seen it. It's the nicest high school gym that I've personally been in. It's something that Harlan should be (and is) very proud of. However, it's Harlans and it gives Harlan and advantage to host it. I think that whatever perceived slight it is to not give it to Harlan at least once, is over shadowed by the fact that it will now be played on a neutral floor. Williamsburg, Lynn Camp, Red Bird, Pineville, Jackson County and the like have never had an opportunity to host a region tournament. At least Harlan County got to host them at Cawood many times. It's the natural progression of things to move it to a neutral site. I feel for Harlan and you HDE, but its the right move.
-
13th Region Tournament goes to The Arena
DIstrict tournaments are still played at school sites. SO that gives each community a chance to reap some reward. I see no reason why Harlan just because they have a new school deserves any more consideration than any other school In reality the short travel time benefits all schools in London, Corbin, Williamsburg and Barbourville. It's hard to argue that. However in the end, I think neutral sites are better. That's why every other region in the state that has an option like the arena has chosen this path. Change is always difficult and many worry. But I really think time will bear this out as a good decision for all.
-
Closed School Gets Votes in AP Poll
Just goes to show that the AP HS poll in Ky isn't worth the paper it's printed on. It's voted on by sports writers (and all deferrence to HDE whose opinion is respected), most of the sports writers at the daily papers in KY know very little about sports, and if they do it's restricted to their own teams that they cover (obviously someone is still covering Muhlenberg South).
-
Clay County/Whitley County Predictions
I've seen them both as well. Whitley has more team speed hands down before and after Hooker's injury.
-
Whitley County 36 Harlan County 8
They will be a factor, in future years. But not this year. They just don't have the players right now. Letcher and Perry will clearly be better. North apparantly is very good as well. Best case is that Harlan and North battle for 4th, but in the end I see Harlan only beating Clay and finishing 5th an out of the playoffs.
-
Bell County/Whitley County Predictions
Not even close. This game is for pride only. To call it the biggest regular sesaon game in a long time, there would have to be some impact on the season. The Letcher game is much bigger than this one for the Colonels. It's a great rivalry game. It will be a great atmosphere. It will be fun to watch and play in. But it won't mean squat for either team later in the season. Just look at last year, Whitley was pummled and still went 12-2 and made it to the semi finals of 5A.
-
Mike Fields Top 30
I'm having a hard time believing that there is ONE better team than Trinity in Kentucky.