Whitley County 36 Harlan County 8

dragon_slayer

I believe the opening Kickoff Return TD got our boys spirits down! I kind of felt like the weather delay may have given Coach Larkey a chance to light a fire in them!!! It was a good game, our Defense just spent to much time on the fiield. Welcome to 5A I don't like eating crow, but we will live to play another day!

Thanks to the fan from Whitley with the bull horn he provided a good laugh everyonce in a while!

Welcome to 5A I don't like eating crow, but we will live to play another day!

I think it has more to do with the turnober of players this year. Losing 18 seniors last year hurt, a lot. This isn't really a down year for the Bears but they definatley have talent that is young. This may be the worst start for them for a long time and 3-2 isn't that bad with the teams they have played thus far. Having their real playmaker on the sidelines really really hurts. If Dillion Smith could get back out there, this would be a totally different team and I say they still prove a lot of people wrong this year.

The difference between the two teams in this game (whitley last week and this week was the defense) Whitley held Harlan to less than 200 yards total offense. Whitley's offense was back to the solid ground game that they had last year. Whitley's offensive and defensive lines just absolutely controlled the game from start to finish. The held Harlan on four fourth down conversions which was key and allowed the backs to run for over 300 yards on the ground.

The district race is going to interesting. Letcher over Perry, North over Clay and Whitley over Harlan, this race won't be settled till late.

3wishes it can't be a long time since the Bears had a bad start in that they didn't exist a long time ago. The loss of a good bunch of seniors like the Bears had last year make it tough the next year. If anybody can get it turned around it is Coach Larkey.

I meant it will be a long time before they have another start that appears on paper as badl where their record is 3-2. They are still a really good ball team, that may just be missing one playmaker with speed that all good teams have.

Harlan County with a lot of momentum and moving the ball good (insert: lightning delay), I believe the game was better than the score.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Whitley had just got the ball and run one play when play was stopped for lightning. Then Whitley came out and fumbled the snap on the first play back.

Glad to see the Colonels back flying around and having fun, the MEN up front are something to watch 72 Davis just man handles whoever he lines up across. On the defense of side it was nice to see the boys swarming to the ball, Bramlett and Bryant are freaking killers in the middle. Nice to see Black Friday Defense back at Colonel Stadium.

I think it has more to do with the turnober of players this year. Losing 18 seniors last year hurt, a lot. This isn't really a down year for the Bears but they definatley have talent that is young. This may be the worst start for them for a long time and 3-2 isn't that bad with the teams they have played thus far. Having their real playmaker on the sidelines really really hurts. If Dillion Smith could get back out there, this would be a totally different team and I say they still prove a lot of people wrong this year.

We will be alright, but like I said I would like to see some more fire, you can't tell whether we are winning or losing, which I guess could be a good thing! Like someone said earlier Whitley viewed everything before last night as preseason, that's a good way to look at it our season starts Oct. 2nd!!!!

I thought that Whitley showed more intensity on Friday night than I had seen from them in the three previous games I had seen. That was key. Even with the turnovers early in the game Whitley just did not lose the fire for the game.

Whitley was way more physical than Harlan. Harlan kept trying to clog things up inside and Whitley used their speed on the cornors, although they did run well between the tackles at times and when they got into open field, Harlan had no answer.

I hope this loss really bothers the kids and they go into next week resolved to correct the mistakes that they made and win the rest of these district games.

I saw some positive things last night. Cody Taylor ran HARD. He did all he could to get those extra inches. McMillian showed his speed on defense. Brewer done well at QB when called upon and made some good passes. All are Sophmores and that is promising. The defense didn't allow any two point conversions or PATS. Phillips punt the ball really well. The defense had a few mental breakdowns and it cost them. Hopefully they'll chalk this up as a learning experience and in the future use it to their advantage. Also, I didn't think they "quit" as a team, they continued to play hard as bad as it was.

We sure do miss Dylon Smith. I know that he wants to be out there to help his team. He was a big play maker on both sides of the ball. Dylon would play injured if they'd let him. He's a great kid and we love him whether he plays football ever again or not. But, I sure do miss seeing him play....

Whitley was way more physical than Harlan. Harlan kept trying to clog things up inside and Whitley used their speed on the cornors, although they did run well between the tackles at times and when they got into open field, Harlan had no answer.

That hurt us. I liked Whitley's offense.