Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com Girls New Years Eve Top 20 Rankings Discussion

Featured Replies

1. Elizabethtown

2. Anderson County

3. Sacred Heart

4. Butler

5. Ballard

6. Simon Kenton

7. Lafayette

8. Henderson County

9. Notre Dame

10. Bullitt East

11. Allen County-Scottsville

12. Eastern

13. Newport Central Catholic

14. Bell County

15. Mercy

16. Franklin County

17. Glasgow

18. North Bullitt

19. Marshall County

20. Whitley County

Kinda funny. The NKY coaches poll has

 

1. NCC

2. SK

3. ND

 

Which in my opinion is correct. This one contradicts the other one.

Kinda funny. The NKY coaches poll has

 

1. NCC

2. SK

3. ND

 

Which in my opinion is correct. This one contradicts the other one.

 

ND probably shouldn't be ranked higher than NCC or SK. ND lost to Assumption albeit it was the first game of the season. SK was pretty competitive against Elizabethtown in their only loss of the season. NCC beat Larue and Glasgow, so I see why the NKY coaches have them rated above SK. NCC plays HIghlands, Bishop Brossart, SK, and Sacred Heart within the next 9 days. If they run the table they will move up the rankings in a big way.

ND probably shouldn't be ranked higher than NCC or SK. ND lost to Assumption albeit it was the first game of the season. SK was pretty competitive against Elizabethtown in their only loss of the season. NCC beat Larue and Glasgow, so I see why the NKY coaches have them rated above SK. NCC plays HIghlands, Bishop Brossart, SK, and Sacred Heart within the next 9 days. If they run the table they will move up the rankings in a big way.
I agree totally about ND. I also think NCC will move way up in the rankings soon. They should be in the 4 or 5 spot right now IMO.

Whitley County beat Eastern by like 20......

I agree totally about ND. I also think NCC will move way up in the rankings soon. They should be in the 4 or 5 spot right now IMO.

 

Somebody knows what they're talkin' about here. :thumb:

  • Author

Whitley has been on a roll for sure and they moved in this week. The three Northern Kentucky teams will work themselves out in the next few weeks. And like today, Allen County-Scottsville beats Simon Kenton. Its a crap shoot at best. Eastern lost a key player in Coffey to a ACL over the break and if they dont get it together they will continue to slide. Top 4/5 are at the top and the rest you can flip a coin.

  • Author
Kinda funny. The NKY coaches poll has

 

1. NCC

2. SK

3. ND

 

Which in my opinion is correct. This one contradicts the other one.

 

Coaches are like fans, they have bias.....:thumb:

I would agree. Got to see Newport Central Catholic a few times and they are definite top 5. Possibly as high as #2. Also got to seek Etown and they are legit #1.

Feel like North Bullit and Notre Dame a little high right now.

Just my unbiased opinion but as u said it's a crap shoot.

  • Author

This is a tough year for rankings on the girls side as well as the boys. BluegrassPreps has had Etown #1 from the beginning, but they are a team that can be beat. Last year it would have taken a miracle for a team from Kentucky to beat Marion. This is one of the hardest years to rank as I have ever seen. Lots of teams that could stake claim to 10-20 range and you may see the bottom half of the rankings change a lot week to week according to who is winning and losing. Some teams who play are harder schedule will be harder to move around as they could have a worse record but still be a better team. But hey I am preaching to the choir. Gonna be a great 2014 to finish up this toss up year and that's what makes it so interesting!

Is their an SK bias because they are in a different region? NCC is very good and possibly better but SK should have won their region last year and they only lost 1 major contributor to their team. Cantrall ratings have them #3 in the state.

  • Author

Cantrell also does not have Allen County Scottsville nowhere in their top 25. 57-51 today over Simon Kenton. I don't think anyone has a Simon Kenton Bias. I like them. Just was telling someone today about great they played as a team and how the PG really was tough. The problem they will have and had today was when other teams puts a much longer defender on her and that will create problems for SK. Everything happens has to pretty much go through her and rightfully so, but if you stop her, they have trouble scoring without her creating for her team.

Cantrell also does not have Allen County Scottsville nowhere in their top 25. 57-51 today over Simon Kenton. I don't think anyone has a Simon Kenton Bias. I like them. Just was telling someone today about great they played as a team and how the PG really was tough. The problem they will have and had today was when other teams puts a much longer defender on her and that will create problems for SK. Everything happens has to pretty much go through her and rightfully so, but if you stop her, they have trouble scoring without her creating for her team.

 

You pretty much nailed it.

Coaches are like fans, they have bias.....:thumb:

 

I get that, but I'm not sure what you are saying. I'm just saying in the BGP poll, SK is ranked pretty high, with ND still fairly high and NCC finally cracking the list.

 

I just find it a little interesting that in the NKY poll (which includes representation from all three of these schools and others from other regions), the coaches feel that NCC is the best team up here, closely followed by SK and then ND a little farther down at number 3. Bias or not, I would bet that the local NKY coaches have move insight on those three teams than others not from NKY.

 

They all play each other, so it will work itself out. But just thought it was interesting to point out. I'm a Highlands fan, so no bias here. I wish NCC was terrible. They are in our district!!!

  • Author

Highands fan? Tell Burt Jesse said Hello!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.