Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike Fields Top 30

Featured Replies

Mike Fields posted his top 30 teams in all classes after 2 weeks. Here's the top 5:

1. St. Xavier

2. Highlands

3. Male

4. Henry Clay

5. Trinity

 

Here's the link to the rest of the rankings: Mike Fields Top 30

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Fields posted his top 30 teams in all classes after 2 weeks. Here's the top 5:

1. St. Xavier

2. Highlands

3. Male

4. Henry Clay

5. Trinity

 

Here's the link to the rest of the rankings: Mike Fields Top 30

 

Not that either of them deserve to be there, it has been a long long time since Beechwood and NCC have both not been in the top 30 teams in the state.

 

Very crazy year.

Does he really believe that Male and Henry Clay are better than Trinity? Are they better than Trinity? I am in Central Kentucky, but I have a hard time believing Trinity is the 5th best team in the state by anyone's rankings.

 

Plus I would have Boyle County at number 5 right behind Male but ahead of Henry Clay.

No way Henry Clay is top 5 overall in the state. That's a Lexington homer plug.

Does he really believe that Male and Henry Clay are better than Trinity? Are they better than Trinity? I am in Central Kentucky, but I have a hard time believing Trinity is the 5th best team in the state by anyone's rankings.

 

Plus I would have Boyle County at number 5 right behind Male but ahead of Henry Clay.

 

I agree with you based on nothing other than the fact that I can't remember the last time that there were four better teams in the state than Trinity. Seems crazy.

 

After two (2) weeks, it is really hard to know exactly how good any of these teams are.

Does he really believe that Male and Henry Clay are better than Trinity? Are they better than Trinity? I am in Central Kentucky, but I have a hard time believing Trinity is the 5th best team in the state by anyone's rankings.

 

Plus I would have Boyle County at number 5 right behind Male but ahead of Henry Clay.

 

I agree.

 

I would have Boyle at the 5 spot at this point in the season.

I agree with you based on nothing other than the fact that I can't remember the last time that there were four better teams in the state than Trinity. Seems crazy.

 

After two (2) weeks, it is really hard to know exactly how good any of these teams are.

 

No doubt. I have a hard time remembering when there were 2 teams better than Trinity, let alone 4.

 

You are right, after 2 weeks, it is hard to know how good everyone is, I just wish the guys that get paid to write about high school football would use a little common sense.

I'm having a hard time believing that there is ONE better team than Trinity in Kentucky.

Trinity just lost to an average Indy team. At this point in the year they are where they need to be..JMO

Trinity just lost to an average Indy team. At this point in the year they are where they need to be..JMO

 

The team that defeated Trinity 31-14, Lawrence North, is only ranked #44 in Indiana this week.

I would put Trinity no lower than fourth at this point.

Very tough to rank all the classes together this early in the season. I think you could make an argument for or against every team being too high or too low.

Concerning #30, Prestonsburg, I believe they are Class 2A AND play Class 3A Breathitt County at Breathitt County.

Trinity has been a rather slow starter, but a juggernaut come playoff time. This season, I see St. Xavier as the team to beat in Class 6A.

 

Regardless, I see St. X, Trinity, and Highlands as the top teams in Kentucky. Somebody has to be 4th and 5th. I have said numerous times on this forum that Henry Clay has some speedy young players who will get better as the season goes along. St. X totally shut them down in a scrimmage and with the youthfulness that the Blue Devils have, that was somewhat predictable. I have not seen Male. Bobby Redmon has a good program and has been below par of late. Male is due to have a good year.

Trinity has been a rather slow starter, but a juggernaut come playoff time. This season, I see St. Xavier as the team to beat in Class 6A.

 

Regardless, I see St. X, Trinity, and Highlands as the top teams in Kentucky. Somebody has to be 4th and 5th. I have said numerous times on this forum that Henry Clay has some speedy young players who will get better as the season goes along. St. X totally shut them down in a scrimmage and with the youthfulness that the Blue Devils have, that was somewhat predictable. I have not seen Male. Bobby Redmon has a good program and has been below par of late. Male is due to have a good year.

 

Boyle County handled Henry Clay rather easily last year, I see no reason for Henry Clay to be higher than Boyle County especially since Henry Clay doesn't want to play us anymore. I doubt Henry Clay has gotten better than Boyle County since last year. JMO.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.