Everything posted by TigerCard
-
Recruiting a bad word, WHY?
The real sad part about people that share your opinion about the split is we are only talking about 1 sport, Football. Kentucky is way to small of a state to divide just for 1 sport! Maybe X and t should not play PRP in baseball or Ballard-Male in Basketball b/c we cannot consistantly beat them...
-
Recruiting a bad word, WHY?
I have always been curious why the word Recruiting is such a bad word and a "no no." I would say recruiting means : to try and convince someone to attend your school based on the schools strengths would everyone agree to this simple definition??? If yes, Please tell me how private schools are to survive with out promoting their school's strength's and so on.. even Trinity only had 25% fathers that graduated from T Private schools do recruit students. If we called it advertising-promoting-soliciting.... would that be better and make others happy? Life is never fair and for the same reasons Manual, Male and PRP etc.. attract students through their strengths so do private schools Long Live Recruiting!!!
-
Why don't you hear T and X complaining about the blind draw and...
I have always been curious why the word Recruiting is such a bad word and a "no no." I would say recruiting means : to try and convince someone to attend your school based on the schools strengths would everyone agree to this simple definition??? If yes, Please tell me how private schools are to survive with out promoting their school's strength's and so on.. even Trinity only had 25% fathers that graduated from T Private schools do recruit students. If we called it advertising-promoting-soliciting.... would that be better and make others happy? Life is never fair and for the same reasons Manual, Male and PRP etc.. attract students through their strengths so do private schools Long Live Recruiting!!! Get better or stay home!:flame:
-
When will a Lexington 4A school win another championship?
Clark County is not to far removed from Lex and had a great team in 91 and beat t and X along the way. I heard that coach kept a close eye on those kids since grade school and put in the system early.
-
Fairdale's new stadium -state funding
I am happy for Fairdale, that schools needs a bit of good news. There were a solid football team in the late 80's and early 90's and I am not sure what has happened since then. Maybe a nicer facility could increase the #'s on the football team. Why shouldn't a public school receive public money, as far a "community center" language, who cares what you call it is increases community pride. Bring back Leland Taylor and Kris Kelso sp??
-
Mike Glaser Field?
THe Stadium can be named Brother Thomas.... and the Field can be something different in my opinion Mike Glaser Field Frank Cooper Track
-
St. Xavier 53 Trinity 52
# 15 on T was an animal, did he ever play football? I was right under the basket when X's point guard blocked his layup/maybe dunk attempt. Most athletic play I have ever seen in a X T B-ball game. By the way it appeared to be a clean block... Good game to watch up close
-
St Xavier vs Trinity will it happen again .
I think both X and T have suggested to re-districting so we will face each other prior to State Finals. Any thoughts?
-
Trinity vs. St. X predictions
Our recent b-ball run was in the 1990's with 4 regional finals and a great trip to Rupp. T is in the middle of a nice run of their own. I am not sure how good they are post Sexton kids, who were solid players should be a close defensive battle.. sounds just like football, low scoring aggressive play Go Tigers
-
T - Rocks one week later
I am done with football till next summer. Have a good B-ball season. Cannot wait till Sept 2006. Great Season Tigers> As the annoying Jim Rome says, I'm out....
-
T - Rocks one week later
Miracle Season... I think you are taking it a bit far. I heard things are still buzzing on the pebbles campus. Congrats again.
-
Rate the Final 8
You said it.
-
Rate the Final 8
If you listen to the largest radio channel in Lou 84WHAS Trinity is on there every hour and I have never heard an X add. Maybe we are on different times/channels but I doubt it. By the way do kids listen to 84? No, parents do. So why talk like the following??? Dude, Trinity is fun "nn" stuff..... what is that?
-
Rate the Final 8
1. X 2. T Technical # 1 in record books, I get you won the big one.... 3.Lex Catholic --after that I do not know enough about the others. Question for T faithfull If Trinity has so many things going well over there, Why all the commercials to attract students???????
-
Jody Demling Recap of the weekend
Hence I mentioned passive aggressive, look it up. Enjoy your victory. By the way, is it time to take down the 2004 regional champs b-ball banner and move it to oldham county or send it to Berry as thanks? I recall no banner or excessive celebration when we won in 1995.
-
Jody Demling Recap of the weekend
Make sure and make this guy a greeter at open house. May I should have gone to Trinity..... Since he implies X made me carbon copy robot of everyone I graduated with???? nice passive aggressive post
-
Trinity Fans Only
I am assuming all the rumors from X and t fans alike are unfounded that Beatty was considering leaving?
-
Trinity 14 St. Xavier 6
Glaser would never say anything close to that, do you talk to a lot of 8th graders down in nashville?? Enjoy your upset don't make things up. Glaser is too classy for those antics and you know it! I will give t credit they won. Nothing went right for X and we played the worst game I have seen in a long time. As far as CentreRocks comments on Vic, I remember the pebbles radio crew saying your poster boy got away with "shot to the face" of a HC player. Don't forget they are kids and get emotional, especially after a terrible spot. X jumped and lacked some discipline, I am sure the pebbles d-line was not shouting our cadence as they have for years, but we should battle through that the refs were in slow speed, why all the pauses between plays??? again not why we lost but affected pace of play for both why did we throw so much on 1st down??? I still feel X wins 8 out of 10 but all t needed was one last night, congrats to the pebbles One question I had, did anyone see the late hit on P? I was not watching the QB.... Also congrats to the Tigers on a great run of 25 in a row. We will be back!
-
Class 4A Final: St. Xavier/Trinity discussion
Even with Brohm t only scored 17 his senior year I like Tigers by 9 tonight unless t stops the run then it could be a war Go Tigers, repeat Something that is still fresh in my mind from early last year is the Thread posted by a t supporter " Will X look to get rid of Glaser if they cannot beat Beatty...or something like that..... Win or lose tonight long live Glaser!!!
-
Jody Demling/ 84WHAS Radio tonight!
Khsaa, Whose great idea was it to only give X and T 2000 tickets? I am sure you will make up for it by having 2 people selling tickets at Papa Johns and one entrance open for admission. How about spending a few more bucks on 6 dollar an hour ticket sellers and gate workers???
-
Why are St. X and Trinity so good?
Lifting- go to any other school in June and see how many kids are lifting Coaching and coaches with passion for their school ESPECIALLY Glaser One thing it is not, Athletes- running jumping and speed are not our strengths CSAA and feeder system, Bullitt East coach has been credited with working their's hard sure #'s help but are not the only difference
-
Class 4A Final: St. Xavier/Trinity discussion
I can't hear that enough, :ylsuper: to bad it means nothing without a victory Friday Go Tigers
-
Next year's top qbs
I think X will mix in 2006with Vic at QB, the QB draw he had against male was sick look for that Friday
-
Class 4A Final: St. Xavier/Trinity discussion
It will be close, there is no way t will play as bad as in Sept and I feel our secondary and pass rush are a step slow however even w/ brohm t never scored like X has the last 2 times vs t tigers by 7, good luck to your brother, he should be a factor
-
Class 4A Final: St. Xavier/Trinity discussion
It would be 3 times in 2 seasons.... :flame: I see a close game with 1-2 drives determining the games outcome