Trinity Fans Only

BareRock

I am so overjoyed about this win that I haven't slept all weekend. What a year !

It was amazing to see Huter and Holland play both ways as much as they did, and Spoelker did some also and came up with a huge first hit in the title game.

Nic Petrino also developed and got better and better all year. There are just so many facets of the development that all cannot be mentioned without typing endlessly.

For the sake of having more class than they ever thought about having, let us refrain from kicking the dog while its down and let the x people agonize alone. Let's just gleefully praise our team and coaches efforts . Man , how did our side get so smart in so little time? :irked: It would be much better to admire this masterpiece instead of constantly reminding Ox and the gang about their arrogance. After all , not every heal attended the Poplar Level Road pig pen. ;)

Then I think we Trinity alumni should not post questions to St X whether it needs a new coach. Give me a break. St X has been to the last three final games, won one and came close in the other two. ST X has had three great years and appears to beating Trinity in freshmen and JV games. Sure, some St X fans are arrogant. They should be because St X is a great school in education and sports. Let us Trinity alumni not be arrogant.

Then I think we Trinity alumni should not post questions to St X whether it needs a new coach. Give me a break. St X has been to the last three final games, won one and came close in the other two. ST X has had three great years and appears to beating Trinity in freshmen and JV games. Sure, some St X fans are arrogant. They should be because St X is a great school in education and sports. Let us Trinity alumni not be arrogant.

Great advice Bob, however its a little easier to follow in your location. The past couple of seasons have been pretty hard. We have had to endure all manners of advice about how we should correct the problems within our program. Pretty hard to take indeed. But, I'll try to be the bigger man and turn the other cheek.

Great advice Bob, however its a little easier to follow in your location. The past couple of seasons have been pretty hard. We have had to endure all manners of advice about how we should correct the problems within our program. Pretty hard to take indeed. But, I'll try to be the bigger man and turn the other cheek.

I realize that if you live in Louisville you have heard all about the St X dynasty. And it irritates the hell out of Trinity alumni. I was told that St X manhandled Trinity in the games in 2004 and 2005. I read that St X freshmen and JVs were beating Trinity. I questioned Trinity's ability to "recruit"(not used in KHSAA manner) the best players. But it seems that the better the other team is the harder the other team plays. It will always be that way between the two schools and will always be the incentive for both schools to develop good teams. The annual game may even get bigger as the number of living Trinity alumni will, in about ten or fifteen years, be as big as the number of St X living alumni. I remember when I was a freshmen in 1958 Trinity beat St X(we never beat Flaget in my tine) and the Xmen were shocked. I sense that there is that same type of shock this year. I hope Trinity can put together a great team next year. I have read that St X will be great again next year.

I think that part of the reason you are seeing a little payback on here is that there has been a lot of pot stirring from the poplar level zoo. That has included Coach Glaser in the press and many on this board. If they are going to dish that stuff out, they had better expect to get it back.

I realize that if you live in Louisville you have heard all about the St X dynasty. And it irritates the hell out of Trinity alumni. I was told that St X manhandled Trinity in the games in 2004 and 2005. I read that St X freshmen and JVs were beating Trinity. I questioned Trinity's ability to "recruit"(not used in KHSAA manner) the best players. But it seems that the better the other team is the harder the other team plays. It will always be that way between the two schools and will always be the incentive for both schools to develop good teams. The annual game may even get bigger as the number of living Trinity alumni will, in about ten or fifteen years, be as big as the number of St X living alumni. I remember when I was a freshmen in 1958 Trinity beat St X(we never beat Flaget in my tine) and the Xmen were shocked. I sense that there is that same type of shock this year. I hope Trinity can put together a great team next year. I have read that St X will be great again next year.

Why is StX a dynasty? According to my Trinity friends, the following are all true (please correct if this is wrong):

in the past 30 years, Trinity has had two three-peats, StX no repeats; Trinity has had 3 undefeated seasons, StX zero; Trinity had a 50 game winning streak, StX's ended at 26...

That being said, to take it a little beyond football, I respect the way the Trinity community carries itself - most teachers, fans, parents are very down-to-earth...in my mind they are a dynasty without the arrogance.

Great post. We have more class than to say that the only reason why they won the first game was because they had an all-american! We also don't have to state how much we appreciate linemen at Trinity because they already know how important, and how much their play is needed because they hear it every day in practice. In fact , every kid at Trinity knows that he is a valuable cog in a trophy grasping awesome system that is run by none other than Bob Beatty. Remember the X posts that spelled doom for us when coach cov left for Castle. I never ever heard coach Beatty complain the near loss of his father last year after the Dixie Heights loss, and ,he was shaken and very very close to his father.

There is nothing but class in this man, and his system is awesome, and he develops players into the best they can possibly be.

There is no reason to run the x-men into the ground. Let them be content to go 6-17 passing and celebrate their 'offensive balance'. They love what they have over there and quite frankly, I love the way things are working out these last 6 years myself.So kudos to both squads and both coaches. :thumb:

Coach Beatty and staff are TOPS. Coaching staff never gave up this year while players were getting hurt. This is one of the first years underclassman got some real Varsity playing time. My voice is still sore from shouting Friday night and singing in the parking lot. CONGRATS TRINITY FOOTBALL........

1. We have more class

2. Let them be content to go 6-17 passing and celebrate their 'offensive balance'.

I'll be a rebel and say that my membership allows me to step in on any threads-if you don't like it start your own Rock Grass Preps.

Answers to your statements:

1. Then show it!

2. 6 for 17 passing is not bad when your starting QB plays thru a broken bone in his plant foot that he suffered on the Tigers 1st or 2nd possession-I wonder if Brohm and the Rocks would have fared better two years ago with the same circumstances.

Last time I looked a 14-6 victory margin didn't spell dominance. You won and/or escaped with victory-enjoy the win.

I'll be a rebel and say that my membership allows me to step in on any threads-if you don't like it start your own Rock Grass Preps.

Answers to your statements:

1. Then show it!

2. 6 for 17 passing is not bad when your starting QB plays thru a broken bone in his plant foot that he suffered on the Tigers 1st or 2nd possession-I wonder if Brohm and the Rocks would have fared better two years ago with the same circumstances.

Last time I looked a 14-6 victory margin didn't spell dominance. You won and/or escaped with victory-enjoy the win.

Gutsy game by the X qb.Not a knock on him at all. He is a great fella!