Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AvidSportsJunkie856

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AvidSportsJunkie856

  1. Congrats to Coach Begley, but I'd be a little concerned with the lack of varsity coaching experience. Also, the article states that he founded the middle school program which I am pretty sure is inaccurate. I believe Chuck Hendrix founded the Union Jaguars. Either way, congrats to him and good luck! Interested to see who he gets to join his staff.
  2. This is the name I had heard as well. This choice is interesting to me. On one hand, he has coached freshman for a bit and knows the kids, but I do not think Coach Begley has any varsity coaching experience but I could be wrong about that.
  3. Hearing rumors they have made a decision. Anyone else hearing the same?
  4. Kentucky needs to add two more players to this roster. It is alarming to read the positive feedback that Moreno is getting from pro-scouts. I do hope that Moreno decides to come back for around the same amount of money he would be making in the pro's where he is slotted to be drafted, as I think a sophomore season puts him into the lottery. If he decides to stay in the draft, and Kentucky needs to add three players, then we are in for an EXTREMELY long winter!
  5. I am going to back off about 3% from my frustration in my previous post. I think this international pickup last night is a solid pickup. Long, athletic 6'11 that can shoot from outside. I think this is a positive step. I also hear that are back in on 5 star Miikka Muurinen. I think they have to get at least him or Stokes or else it is going to be a VERY long season in Lexington.
  6. I haven't posted much on the off-season but I have to say, I am extremely disappointed in Kentucky's roster as of right now. Is anyone else with me that the current team (and the available players left to sign) outside of Stokes cannot even really compete with the top tier SEC teams? This was an off-season Pope really had to kill it and to me it has been more than underwhelming. Really want to see Mark Pope do well, but I have a feeling Kentucky is looking for a new head coach after next season!
  7. Just speculating but is he being recruited more for Corner or RB? I think he has the body type of a terrific DB.
  8. I don't think that there is anyone currently on staff or in the building that would want the job and is qualified for the job outside of Ben Brown. I can't speak for Coach Brown, but I do know he has a son that is playing D1 Football (at SEMO) and he wants to be able to attend his games.
  9. Just saw on Facebook that Wright is going back to BYU. In 48 hours he went from a "lock" to Kentucky to leaving his visit and going back to BYU. I just do not have any confidence in this staff and their ability to close on recruits.
  10. Ha ha, I doubt he is leaving his own program to join someone else's and make less money. I am sure SK's defense will be in good shape this year with whoever is leading the way.
  11. It is a little late in the game to be searching for a head coach, but I imagine that this job will get quite a few talented applicants. It is in a winnable district, and the area is growing rapidly which will continue to bring in talented players.
  12. Hopefully, Highlands doesn't run into a team in the playoffs that starts with a "C". That has been their kryptonite in the playoffs. Cooper for two years and then Corbin last year! Obviously, I am kidding. Is this the year that Highlands finally gets back to Kroger Field? If they come up short, do the Ft. Thomas natives start to become a little restless?
  13. Are you expecting a drastic fall off? I know they've lost a few key players along with their talented senior class from last year. They lost a returning starting OL to Beechwood and a talented freshman RB to Conner. I still think they will have a good team this season. Coach Borchers is one of the best in the business and will get them going.
  14. I don't know that the admin "has no control", a lot of this seems like sour grapes from entitled parents in my opinion. But, there has definitely been a lot of drama coming out of Cooper Athletics, what do you recommend? Do you think the AD should be held responsible for parents voicing their displeasure?
  15. That looks really sharp!!
  16. Unless I am mistaken, I believe Conner travels to Lloyd. They played at Conner last season. About the schedule....it is a challenging schedule but some winnable games for Coach Floyd in his first seasons I expect the Cougars to be much improved from last season!
  17. How does Doug Shows get the nod to be an official at the final four? That dude is terrible! ?
  18. Poor guy, making a terrible decision! ? Obviously, I am just kidding. Congratulations to this young man on a major decision and good luck to him moving forward! This is the young man that decommitted from Indiana, correct? I was hoping he joined Kentucky, but you can't blame him for wanting to stay home and play for Brohm and company.
  19. While that is unfortunate, it makes sense. The coaching staff determines who wins those end of the year team awards. I believe that the program, not the athletic department, pays for their own banquets so it makes sense why there would not be one since the coach resigned. It stinks for those young ladies, especially the seniors, but I totally understand the move by the AD. Now, these parents are well within their rights to have a non-school affiliated banquet where they get together and celebrate the season.
  20. Correct, I have heard they are not allowed to access the indoor facility at all, currently. From what I was told, the light poles that they found structural issues with could "fall onto the field house" and therefore no one is allowed to use the field house. Again, just something I was told by someone who heard something. Didn't know if it was true, so wanted to see if anyone else had heard this.
  21. I have been hearing that the football team has not been able to have their winter workouts due to the light falling and some structural damage found to some of the other light poles around the football field. Hopefully, the team has been able to find another location to have their workouts temporarily, but has anyone heard this or have any info on this?
  22. I think some of that depends on how much money has been fundraised and who is leading the program. I know a few programs (in football and boys basketball) that have their end of the year banquet at Receptions in Erlanger. But I also know of a few programs that have them at their school cafeteria and auditorium. So it just depends on where you are. A school like Cooper, with some parents that are doing well financially, probably have theirs at an off campus site if possible.
  23. I am all in on Dusty May or TJ Otzelberger as the next head coach at Kentucky, if things do not work out with Mark Pope. Throw the absolute bank at either of those two candidates. I just don't know if May would leave Michigan, why would he? Dude has his current team as the likely favorite to win it all this year. I think it comes down to Lloyd or Donovan but that is total speculation on my part.
  24. I think he will. I think he learned a lot in his time at UC but I also think that he is a better mid-major coach than high major. He is comfortable in that geographical area and recruiting that area. He can use this as a chance to take what he has learned, get this program going in the right direction, and get another shot at a power 4 conference.
  25. I just saw a long post on Facebook by someone (not sure how I even saw this on my Facebook feed) claiming a lot of wrong-doing, with proof, about Coach Woods and even claiming the principal and superintendent were involved in some sort of a cover up. It didn't sound good.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.