Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Cooper

Featured Replies

  • Replies 34
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • JV Coach at Holy Cross. Former Holy Cross basketball and softball standout. Graduated probably 9 years ago? Something like that. So young but not insanely young and already making her mark on the coac

  • Stamm is kind of an old school guy, I doubt they would like him. They need to find a sweet, nice person, who never raises their voice. I may tell my lebanese grandmother to apply. 

  • Media has confirmed. This is a tricky one. Obviously, this program has had a ton of success and they are coming off a 20 win season yet again. On the flip side, all of that stuff is hanging out t

Media has confirmed.

This is a tricky one. Obviously, this program has had a ton of success and they are coming off a 20 win season yet again. On the flip side, all of that stuff is hanging out there. Is it still an attractive job? 

For me, I cannot see an established coach leaving somewhere for this. I also don’t see how you make an internal hire unless it’s a boys assistant (and they have some good ones). So with that algorithm in mind:

Jeff Ware, Kes Murphy, Alehia Tucker, Marcus Harris

25 minutes ago, se7ens said:

Media has confirmed.

This is a tricky one. Obviously, this program has had a ton of success and they are coming off a 20 win season yet again. On the flip side, all of that stuff is hanging out there. Is it still an attractive job? 

For me, I cannot see an established coach leaving somewhere for this. I also don’t see how you make an internal hire unless it’s a boys assistant (and they have some good ones). So with that algorithm in mind:

Jeff Ware, Kes Murphy, Alehia Tucker, Marcus Harris

Give me Alehia Tucker, Cooper and their parents will love her.

7 minutes ago, DiamondGator23 said:

Give me Alehia Tucker, Cooper and their parents will love her.

I think it would be an absolute home run hire, though she lacks the "experience" of candidates who have been head coaches or decades as an assistant. 

2 minutes ago, se7ens said:

I think it would be an absolute home run hire, though she lacks the "experience" of candidates who have been head coaches or decades as an assistant. 

I've been involved in another thread on here talking about the word "experience" don't think that matters as much as it probably should. She would lift that program up even more, great energy, she would be a great hire. Lot of good names to choose from, I would want someone young who can coach, knows the game, knows how to talk to parents. That's her in my humbled opinion. 

54 minutes ago, DiamondGator23 said:

Give me Alehia Tucker, Cooper and their parents will love her.

Who is she?

1 hour ago, se7ens said:

Media has confirmed.

This is a tricky one. Obviously, this program has had a ton of success and they are coming off a 20 win season yet again. On the flip side, all of that stuff is hanging out there. Is it still an attractive job? 

For me, I cannot see an established coach leaving somewhere for this. I also don’t see how you make an internal hire unless it’s a boys assistant (and they have some good ones). So with that algorithm in mind:

Jeff Ware, Kes Murphy, Alehia Tucker, Marcus Harris

Leave the boys side alone.

20 minutes ago, PP1 said:

Who is she?

JV Coach at Holy Cross. Former Holy Cross basketball and softball standout. Graduated probably 9 years ago? Something like that. So young but not insanely young and already making her mark on the coaching ranks. 

I am not sure if he would be interested, as he just got the Brossart girls job last year. However, Aaron Stamm would be a good hire for this job. As he has coached in this district before, back when he was the Conner's girl coach.

Another name, that I believe could be good if he is interested in getting back into coaching is Blake Clary. He was a long time assistant of coach Stamm at both Ludlow and Conner, and then also became the Ludlow girls head coach, when Stamm moved to the boys side. So he also has some head coaching experience now too. He needed to step down for family reasons, as his wife had twins a couple of years ago. So I am not sure if he is interested in getting back into it or not. However, he is someone else that could also be good based off some of the names mentioned here too. 

Stamm is kind of an old school guy, I doubt they would like him. They need to find a sweet, nice person, who never raises their voice. I may tell my lebanese grandmother to apply. 

I LOVE Tuck, as a basketball mind, as a leader of young women, and as a human....but that job might be a bit of a reach at this juncture of her career.  She had one year with Holy Cross JV after several years as an assistant, and Ted is a great person to learn from to be sure, but wow, that would be a big jump to running Cooper's entire program.

If she gets it, I'll be the first one wearing burgundy and gold, but that seems like a big jump at this stage.

Just now, The Double Deuce said:

I LOVE Tuck, as a basketball mind, as a leader of young women, and as a human....but that job might be a bit of a reach at this juncture of her career.  She had one year with Holy Cross JV after several years as an assistant, and Ted is a great person to learn from to be sure, but wow, that would be a big jump to running Cooper's entire program.

If she gets it, I'll be the first one wearing burgundy and gold, but that seems like a big jump at this stage.

Agreed, but this also speaks to my larger point about who is going to go for this job. Will there be reticence for a more established coach to touch it at this point? Might set up to be a great opportunity for a talented and rising coach very much akin to the situation for Holy Cross boys with their last hire.

Cooper should have a number of experienced head coaches apply. It will surprise me if they hire someone with no head coaching experience.

3 hours ago, se7ens said:

Agreed, but this also speaks to my larger point about who is going to go for this job. Will there be reticence for a more established coach to touch it at this point? Might set up to be a great opportunity for a talented and rising coach very much akin to the situation for Holy Cross boys with their last hire.

I think to many people are thinking to much into this. I am sure the Cooper job will get plenty of interest still, and from people with HC experience. Cooper should have one of the best rosters again next year with a chance to win the region. That is still hard for coaches to pass up.

Plus as they say, you want to be the one who follows the one who followed a legend. Which Coach Holthaus winning 4 regional titles in a row, was a legend. So this past season was going to be hard for any coach to come in, and get complete buy in from parents and players, because they all would have been use to a certain way, and that certain way had produced four straight regional titles. 

Whoever, the next coach is I think will probably get a lot more buy in from both players and coaches. As that is just how it always seems to go, whenever a top coach leaves. 

4 hours ago, PP1 said:

Stamm is kind of an old school guy, I doubt they would like him. They need to find a sweet, nice person, who never raises their voice. I may tell my lebanese grandmother to apply. 

Plus, he has a nice little team returning at BB next season.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.