Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Astro Domino

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Astro Domino

  1. The only team that can beat Tilghman in their next 7 games is Tilghman.
  2. I totally understand where you’re coming from but I will say this; as most know Mayfield is kind of a rough town and some kids that go to school there don’t have much to look forward to other than playing football on Friday nights. Some student-athletes there have probably been given a second chance as to where if they were at another school they wouldn’t have been awarded that. I honestly believe in second chances because we all do dumb things that we wish we could take back. I definitely do not condone what happened by any means but if he is given a second chance I do not think it is done just so that Mayfield can win football games but rather it will be done so that a kid gets a second chance to prove that he is better than what happened at school that day and he gets to continue to do something that he loves to do and still has something to look forward to.
  3. Not that I’ve heard. But he is gone for the next month and will possibly be able to rejoin the team at some point. I really don’t know for sure.
  4. Mayfield lost one of their absolute best players due to behavior in school in #4 Brajon Dabney. That hurts Mayfield ALOT as he was the region 1 player of the year last year as a junior. But things happen and Mayfield has to learn to play without him.
  5. KHSAA should use Calpreps period
  6. It doesn’t matter one bit where the ball is when the QB releases it. As long as 100% of his body isn’t across the line of scrimmage then it is a legal forward pass.
  7. Your whole body can be past but if your back foot is still not past the line of scrimmage it’s legal. Now I’m not saying the call should have went one way or the other. I can’t tell from the photo but what I stated is the rule.
  8. Their whole body has to be across the line. Their toenail can be even with the line of scrimmage and everything else across the line and it’s still a legal pass.
  9. I wouldn’t go that far. Owensboro is just not that good.
  10. Paducah was without their superstar, one of the most highly recruited players in the state. Possibly the best skill position guy in the state. And also Mayfield gets them next week so it will be a game that is somewhat of a measuring stick. I do think OCath and Mayfield both beat Henderson worse than Paducah did but not having #4 is huge for Paducah.
  11. Because South Warren beat them by 24 (it was a 3 point game at one point in the 3rd quarter). South Warren is a very good team. Paducah beat them by 15. That’s why. If OCath clocks them then that should definitely turn some heads.
  12. That is a very strong prediction. If they clock them then 2A REALLY needs to be put on notice.
  13. Random question, but how does Corbin have enough kids to be 4A when they’re city population is listed at under 8,000?
  14. This season #1 in the RPI assures you that you don’t have to play any of the other big four until the state championship. So yes it’s actually a huge deal.
  15. They have Hopkins Co. Central, Christian County, and Trigg County on the schedule. They’ve already lost to one of them. If they can’t beat one of them it just flat out shows how bad they are this year. This is by far the worst Caldwell County team I have ever seen. Last year they weren’t much better. Sad to see a once very solid program in this state. Things just haven’t been the same since David Barnes passed. Hopefully they get back on track soon
  16. I will take a step back on that comment because I was not including QB in my mind when I said skill positions. I was more thinking RB, WR, DB. As good as Mayfields QB is, he is very possibly only the 4th best QB in 2A. I still say Mayfield lost to Paducah because they ran the ball between the tackles 25+ times against a superior D Line when compared to Mayfields O Line. For comparison, LCA RB Brady Hensley has 10 receptions on the season. That is more than any one single player on the Mayfield roster. Which is in one way a good thing; Mayfield spreads the ball around. On the other hand Mayfield has completed one pass on the season to a player that was lined up in the backfield. Opposing teams are not worried one bit about who’s in the backfield when Mayfield drops back to pass. Mayfield has 5 really good WRs. At least 2 of which have lined up in the backfield on many occasions in their career. You have to get those guys lined up back there at some point. Motion them back there, create confusion, create mismatches. Give them sweeps to the outside, run them on routes out of the backfield. Everyone knows Mayfield has two good RBs and those guys get the ball ALOT, but there’s a couple guys out there that are being vastly underutilized. If Mayfield uses their imagination and gets things figured out I most definitely think they have more weapons than anyone in the state in their class. Does that make them the best team? Still no in my mind. I think LCA is a step ahead of the other big 3 but I think Mayfield is a step ahead of the other 2.
  17. Also forgot to mention, any team would kill to have a Boley as their QB
  18. At skill positions Mayfield reigns supreme to no doubt. With that being said, LCAs RB is unbelievable and can be first team all state again. Overall I think LCA is the clear cut #1 but I think Mayfield is the definite #2. As you said, RPI this year is more important than ever when it comes to the #1 spot.
  19. The far right. Which it’s halfway cut off on my screen. But that’s the actual formulated number they’re ranked by.
  20. Mayfield has 2 6A teams left on the schedule. OCath plays Henderson this week and Mayfield plays them the next so those games could tell you a little bit about where those teams stack up against each other. OCath does get them at home and Mayfield has to travel to Henderson but either way, same opponent.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.