Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kenny Powers

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kenny Powers

  1. HHS has an opportunity to step on the throat of a team that abused them last year and send a message. If I am in the locker room I am preaching to end Cooper's hopes of getting back in this game. Physically abuse the man across from you and make them quit, make the man across from you not want to play football anymore. Make a statement. HHS was beat like a dirty dog by Cooper last year; don't let them back in the game.
  2. No way am I playing Hergott in this game if I am Coach Rash. If you are a starter and have so much as a hang nail, you're relaxing in street clothes undercover.
  3. Regarding Benke's targets, I do not think he or Matteo Matteoli were targeted at all last Friday. With Welch out, those two guys and Hinegardner and Lloyd have to be targeted more to try to somewhat open up the running game. Not getting smoked by CCH is a positive, I agree. But HHS had numerous opportunities to win Friday and didn't capitalize. I would also argue that HHS was in a position to win despite the play calling; which I guess could be a positive. Hopefully, they will have another opportunity in a couple weeks to capitalize.
  4. Totally agree. The same can be said for large uptick in shootings in Cincinnati this year. Unfortunately, the "few bad apples" saying holds true.
  5. What about the CCH game would elevate the confidence of the team? Playing some armchair coaching, I, too, hope you are correct about Benke and Noon. I have always believed in getting your best 11 on the field at once to set your team up to be successful. In my opinion, having Benke play more QB would allow for this to happen; Noon can be moved around on offense to get the ball in his hands more AND he could take some reps in the defensive backfield. After last week's offensive display, simply turning one more page in the playbook would be opening it up more. Hopefully, that happens. GO BIRDS!
  6. I would take just about any RB right now for HHS...
  7. Only let them have Noon kickoffs and only broadcast their games on SEC Alternate for a year haha!
  8. All parents should have to do this! Then maybe they would stop putting unrealistic expectations on their kids. I also think more parents should watch their kids' practices... might understand a whole lot better why their son or daughter isn't getting the playing time they think they deserve.
  9. "He/She is D1" is one of the most over and misused labels ever.
  10. Ah, I get that 100%. I was thinking just college.
  11. Where would Day go?
  12. Unfortunately, Jake’s football career is over. Kid has battled so much and overcome a ton in his short career. It is no coincides that the HHS offense started to tank when he went down; he was a game changer. Hopefully, he will be healthy by the start of track because he has a legitimate college career ahead of him if he is healthy.
  13. It stems from jealousy. Cam and his family did what is best for them based on the opportunities presented to them; one can agree or disagree with the opportunities being presented, but no one should attack the young man and his family for taking advantage of them. This is the same thing every parent should be doing for their kids. In terms of the game, Tigers just keep rolling. I don't see anyone coming close to them until LCA.
  14. There were A LOT of older helmets and equipment that should have been replaced before it actually was. However, all of the equipment that was given to players was safe and certified. Was it top of the line like Coach Mueller always insisted on having? No. But by no means was it unsafe. It just wasn’t up to the quality that HHS players of the past were used to. It 100% should have been handled differently and I know for a fact there were opportunities for it to be replaced in a cost effective and proper manner but those opportunities were not taken advantage of… I’ll leave it at that. The issue has been resolved and the administration has spent thousands of dollars to order new helmets so that the players are equipped to the highest of standards; they will literally be wearing what SEC/NFL programs are wearing as soon the helmets come in. It isn’t just on the field issues that HHS is trying to correct. So many, if not more, behind the scenes issues need to be corrected too. My old man used to say “appearances are just that… you never know what’s going on behind closed doors”. Stay the course. Go Birds!
  15. @Colonels_Wear_Bluecan you give us some insight Into the CCH Oline/RBs? That will determine my prediction for how the game will go.
  16. Probably the playoff game around ‘17 or ‘18 when CCH won like 55-0 or something like that.
  17. I am a huge fan of college football. I was talking with a few friends about how their favorite high school team would identify with a college team. As a Highlands fan, I identify(in my opinion) as a Texas fan. I love our tradition, we have all the resources, we frequently claim to be back when we are not, and we desperately hope that the next year is the year. What say you? What about your program?
  18. Totally fair to disagree. Out of curiosity, what talent does it take to tackle? I have a feeling what you say might just be things I would categorize as effort/attitude things.
  19. The most frustrating thing about the poor tackling is that tackling take zero talent whatsoever. It is an effort/willingness/attitude thing.
  20. Totally true. If true, this is clearly a loss to high school sports and young men in the NKY area. Wins or losses aside, by all accounts, Coach Brossart was a strong leader of young men. Unfortunately, as I, and a lot of others, have said in previous threads, good coaches getting out of the industry is only going to happen more often with the current culture of parents and administrators. That is probably fitted more for a separate thread. However, with that said, if this is the end for Coach Brossart, thank you for what you have done for young men in the nky/cincy area! You’ve impacted so many young men in a positive way.
  21. Are you ever going to give UK some credit for winning games? Every week it is the same thing from you... UK will get exposed here, UK will get exposed there, UK can't do this, UK can't do that, UK has no shot in East, yada yada yada. Time to face the reality that UK is a legit program in the SEC. Who cares how they win? A win is a win.
  22. Never said it was about me. I simply stated my opinion. It’s not personal for me like it clearly is for you. I’ll move on.
  23. Hahaha preach! But Nothing will ever be as bad as the garbage can! So freaking stupid. I still can’t believe that it was a thing.
  24. Few comments on a run stopper for the Birds not playing. Uhh guys, the closest thing to a run stopper on the entire team is Sam Robinson and as much respect I have for Sam and as good of a player he is, that’s not his game. Unfortunately, the facts of the matter (without Bluebird blinders) are that Highlands physically is so far out classed right now that teams can simply tee off on them. The skill guys are there; however, on both LOS the Birds are outclassed in size and strength. Now, some may say that the Birds have always been small. That is 100% true. However, they were strong! You can get away with being small if you are strong in high school football; but not both. From what I have heard from very reliable sources, the numbers players are putting up in the weight room are flat out embarrassing. It is going to take some time to get the Birds to a place where they physically in a position to make up for their lack of size. Now the absolutely disgusting display of tackling? That’s an effort and coaching issue.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.