If given an opportunity will CovCath or Highlands run up the score on the other?

theguru

3 minutes ago, 9068 said:

I don't see that happening this year.

So, if somehow CovCath find themselves in a position to add a couple of late scores you don't think they would do it?  I understand they may not be good enough to do it, but if they could do it, would they do it?

Just now, theguru said:

So, if somehow CovCath find themselves in a position to add a couple of late scores you don't think they would do it?  I understand they may not be good enough to do it, but if they could do it, would they do it?

I don't think they are strong enough....if they were sure ......and the Birds coach would do the same. Neither would risk injury to a good player to do it though. Can't tell you how many times I've been watching thinking "get that guy out of there before something stupid happens".

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 9068 said:

I don't think they are strong enough....if they were sure ......and the Birds coach would do the same. Neither would risk injury to a good player to do it though. Can't tell you how many times I've been watching thinking "get that guy out of there before something stupid happens".

I don't think Highlands is strong enough to do it, I feel confident about that.  I do think if things go the Colonels' way they could be in a position to put a couple of cherries on top of the final score.  The question then becomes would CovCath do it (at least in this case) and like you I lean towards thinking they would.

2 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I think if less than 36 point margin then run it up all you want unless few minutes left in 4th quarter.

Generally speaking I agree.  Once you put a running clock on a team if you don't call off the dogs it is a character flaw that has no place in high school athletics. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I am thinking yes.  I think you want to send a statement to the other team not to bother in the playoffs.

What do you think?

I don’t think so given the relationship between Eviston and Sphire. And that Highlands players participated in a fundraiser for CovCath earlier in the year, possibly in relation to Eddie’s brother. I could have that incorrect but there was a show of support that took place in the spring. 

1 minute ago, TyroneBigsby said:

I don’t think so given the relationship between Eviston and Sphire. And that Highlands players participated in a fundraiser for CovCath earlier in the year, possibly in relation to Eddie’s brother. I could have that incorrect but there was a show of support that took place in the spring. 

So it is a new age/chapter in the Highlands/CovCath rivalry? 

29 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

When was the last time either team ran it up when the chance presented itself?

Watched some that weren't by design.....just happened. It's been interesting to me to look at the long runs of wins by one or the other. Tells me the talent for each has been in longer cycles.

• Like 1