Everything posted by bluecolonels95
-
2023 Covington Catholic Colonels
Agree, the 2023 team will not be in the same category as the 2017, 18, and 19 years. But prove me wrong.
-
Willie Rodriguez (Covington Catholic '24) Recruiting
I get it. I wasn’t trying to downgrade the kid. I think he is a great football player. Definitely the best player on the offensive side of the ball for CCH. I just know CCH has a history of inflating players weights on the football team. I kind of laughed when I heard 230.
-
Willie Rodriguez (Covington Catholic '24) Recruiting
He’s more like 190 pounds, not 230, based off his wrestling weight class.
-
Toughest 3-Peat: Boyle County or Beechwood
I say Boyle just because they are in a bigger class. 2A is a joke. Beechwood could win as many titles in row if they want. Of course most of KY football is a joke just for the fact the same schools win every year in each class. Pikeville in 1A Beechwood now in 2A CAL in 3A Boyle in 4A Bowling Green, SW, CovCath in 5A The Big 3 Louisville schools in 6A Not much parity in KY so kind of boring since you pretty much know who the eventual winner win be in each class.
-
Woodford County at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates
Agree. Just give them the trophy now.
-
Ballard vs. Madison Central Predictions/Updates
Ballard by 3 scores.
-
Southwestern at Scott County Predictions/Updates
The Cards got some impressive wins this year. They are looking strong at the right time so I will take them 31-14.
-
Woodford County at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates
Wofo lost to Simon Kenton who really isn’t anything special. FD is a lot better than SK so I will take FD big. Probably a running clock in the 3rd quarter.
-
Covington Catholic at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates
This sounds familiar.
-
Trinity at Simon Kenton Predictions/Updates
I knew Trinity was going to win big. Simon Kenton is no where near the level of any Louisvile big school.
-
Covington Catholic at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates
Here is a idea. Why is the CCH defensive coordinator not the head coach. Every year CCH’s defense is better than the offense. Talk amongst yourselves. Discuss.
-
Covington Catholic at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates
I know but it sounded good since the offensive game plan is putting me to sleep with the lack of excitement. Ehhhh.
-
Covington Catholic at Frederick Douglass Predictions/Updates
CCH has no offense. Amazing how we are still doing draw plays 70% of the time.
-
Charlie Noon (Highlands '23) Recruiting
Good work young man.
-
Great Crossing at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
CovCath by a lot. Probably very similar score from when Great Crossing played Scott County and Freddie D.
-
Covington Catholic 47 Ryle 21
No one is beating FD this year in 5A so whether it’s the 2nd round or 3rd round or 4th round, doesn’t really matter.
-
Covington Catholic 47 Ryle 21
Told you I was not impressed with Ryle. I mentioned that in the prediction thread.
-
Covington Catholic at Ryle Predictions/Updates
I think half of the Covcath team will be on the sidelines in street clothes wearing either a cast, boot, or a arm sling. So knowing this, I will still pick CCH because Ryle does not impress me.
-
Conner at Covington Catholic Predicitons/Updates
Good Lord. The whole team is destroyed. I must have seen 10 players in street clothes last week against Highlands. Good season I guess.
-
Cooper at Highlands Predictions/Updates
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings (10/17)
It looks good to me.
-
Highlands 32 Covington Catholic 21
Agree 100%.
-
Highlands 32 Covington Catholic 21
A complete failure by the CCH head coach. The defense did it’s part at usual but you come off a bye week and you decide to do probably 50% of your plays as QB draws that really weren’t working most of the night. You’re going to get your already beat up QB killed. Then on the safety play, you tell your QB of you don’t see ax receiver open immediately then throw it away. Don’t hold on to it forever and then decide to run to back of end zone and Pitzer nearly throws it right into the hands of a defender as he was taking the sack. Bonehead play because coaches did not do their part and stress the importance to the QB of getting rid of the ball if play don’t develop. I would have just ran the ball on 3rd down and punted. You don’t fool around on your own five yard late in the game being up by 4 at that point. Then the biggest idiotic coaching mishap was on the kickoff after the safety. Everyone in the stands was saying before he kicked it, “Don’t kick it to #1 Noon”. That kid was getting 30-50 yard returns on kickoff/punt returns all night. So what does CCH do, we kick it right to the guy and there he went for a touchdown. That Noon kid is fast. I nearly had a stroke after that happen. I feel sorry for the CCH kids tonight. You had the game won being up 21-17 and then getting yet another interception on the 2 yard line. But from there is when your coach really failed you.
-
Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***
Well that was the ugliest 1st half I have ever witnessed. 6-7 turnovers. I lost track.
-
Highlands at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***
Colonels going to lose if all we do is QB draws with a gimpy QB that can barely walk. I don’t get the play calling Eviston.