Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com Class 5A Football Rankings (10/17)

Featured Replies

Class 5A

1. Frederick Douglass vs. Montgomery County 

2. Bowling Green at Christian County

3. Woodford County vs. East Jessamine 

4. South Warren at Greenwood (10/20)

5. Highlands vs. Cooper

6. Covington Catholic vs. Conner

7. Southwestern vs. #8 Pulaski County 

8. Pulaski County at #7 Southwestern 

9. Owensboro at Grayson County 

10. Scott County vs. 6A #3 Ballard

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • FrankNicodemus
    FrankNicodemus

    A statement like that is like throwing me in a cold shower.... You don't need to do that. Still plenty of football for things to happen. #GOBIRDS!!!!

  • Yes, I agree, FD is the most talented and should be the favorite for the 5A crown. BUT... we've been saying this over and over for the last four/five years.  To me, they've been out coached in several

  • I think Owensboro is capable of beating them, they can match them athletically, and have the horses to score as well. I think it’s just a matter of Owensboro playing up the the potential they have. Th

Seems good to me. 

2 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Seems good to me. 

I agree, the teams have done a good job sorting it out for us. 

4 minutes ago, Killowatt59 said:

Finally. 

You had a lot of good insights. 

Its going to be a fun year to watch 5A play out this year.  Yes, Douglas is on top, but there are some really good football teams in this Class that could get hot at the right time and go a long way.  Will be fun!

8 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

Its going to be a fun year to watch 5A play out this year.  Yes, Douglas is on top, but there are some really good football teams in this Class that could get hot at the right time and go a long way.  Will be fun!

That FD/Boyle County game will tell us a lot.  Unfortunately it’s just the last game of the season.

3 hours ago, Purple88 said:

Its going to be a fun year to watch 5A play out this year.  Yes, Douglas is on top, but there are some really good football teams in this Class that could get hot at the right time and go a long way.  Will be fun!

Lots of good teams, but I believe they are all playing for 2nd place this year.

23 minutes ago, Redheat said:

Lots of good teams, but I believe they are all playing for 2nd place this year.

A statement like that is like throwing me in a cold shower.... You don't need to do that.

Still plenty of football for things to happen.

#GOBIRDS!!!!

Please move Owensboro out of the top 10.

9 minutes ago, Brown said:

Please move Owensboro out of the top 10.

Why?

4 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Why?

Diablo,

My words, not @Brown, but I anticipate it's because Owensboro got tripped up by a good 2A local rival (that has historically given the Red Devils competitive games over the years) (kinda like in NKY how Beechwood plays pretty much all teams in NKY even though they are 2A now) and since then they have played weaker district opponents.  So that's a slippery slope to hold on to this top 10 standing.

But I'm with you, I think Owensboro is clearly one of the top 10 teams in the state.  But to Brown's point, they haven't proven they are still there now even though I believe they are still a Top 10 team.

They play Henderson County last game of the regular season.  That should tell us something on the Red Devils.  I think they rise to that occasion, but we'll see.

58 minutes ago, Redheat said:

Lots of good teams, but I believe they are all playing for 2nd place this year.

I hear ya!  You know while I was watching the UK game on Saturday night, I saw Dakel Crowdus with a great catch, Dane Key with great catches and Jager Burton on the Oline.  Freddie Douglas 2.0.  I think the Bryant kid is also scheduled to join that group and an Auburn commit on the Dline and I know I'm not even close to mentioning all the talent on that team.  

But I'd also say there is quite a bit of pressure on them as well.  No reason what you say shouldn't be true.  But still have to play the games.

@Purple88

I hear what you are saying,  but I believe this is the most complete douglas team yet. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.