Everything posted by BCHS-BLUEBIRD
-
Ryle 80 Carroll County 51
Nice showing last night for the Raiders. They need to continue to gel and take steps in the right direction. Just not quite enough size for the Panthers to hang with a 6A school. Ryle's JV was up 30-4 at one point last night.
-
Newport Catholic 62 Highlands 47
Good question. Maybe better suited for a new thread. I've always had respect for Listerman and Blasingame(JV Coach). Seems they are making strides, just not as big as everyone had hoped at this point. Hard to compete with the football monster on the hill. The basketball culture needs changed before they can truly turn the page and make those bigger strides. Too many athletes bailing for other sports. A smaller school like HHS can't over come those loses IMO and play at the highest levels.
-
2017 Jack Kaelin NKY Freshman Invitational Tourney
IMO....Out of a score of 100 on how they are playing currently... 1. CCH-100 2. Beechwood - 70 (mainly to show the difference in talent between them and CCH) 3. Cooper - 60 (Cooper lost to CCH by 38 and lost to Beechwood) 4.Dixie - 50 5-9 Ryle, St Henry, Highlands, Boone, 40-45 10+ The rest of the field... I've not seen everyone but I have seen the majority of the teams in the tourney this year.
-
Covington Catholic 72 Campbell County 53
:ohbrother: Oh...I stand corrected.
-
Covington Catholic 72 Campbell County 53
You can't be serious about that statement...Are you making only this year as a comparison? Holmes and NCC aren't "Great" for the first time in many years and your sick of hearing about the 9th??? Historically: Cov Cath Holmes NCC Dixie Now Cooper too
-
2017 Jack Kaelin NKY Freshman Invitational Tourney
He's still out? Ankle? Serious or just precaution?
-
2017 Jack Kaelin NKY Freshman Invitational Tourney
I would say that Jefferson/Kramer don't play because they have been JV/V only this year. Though NCC could really use them.(NCC frosh have really struggled from what I've seen.) Not sure about Draud, I'd say no because Beechwood has been playing well without him and I think he starts JV. Salter was moved back down to Freshman about a month ago so he should be playing. NO WAY Maher plays. CCH is already going to win this by a MILE...Do they need to win by 50 in every game? LOL
-
Beechwood 52 Highlands 36 (Frosh)
I can't answer that question about Huddy. You'd have to ask him that. I would say he's a football kid and bball wasn't a top priority for the amount of time you have to put in at the school level. I agree it's not the traditional thing to do, but AAU is more weekend based and less practice for the traveling teams. As far as the other kid. It doesn't always have to be a conspiracy theory. Family gets a new house in Boone Cty and you have to move? I believe he was in Ft Thomas since elementary school and moved after 2 semesters of his freshman year. The majority of his family is all within 5 miles now. If you have to move 3-4 times trying to find an "opportunity" in sports then you and your family have bigger problems than just sports!!! Considering he was given the offensive MVP at HHS in football this year I don't think he needed to go searching for any opportunities.
-
Beechwood 52 Highlands 36 (Frosh)
Huddy: Mainly concentrating on football right now. He may play some AAU bball schedule permitting. Ahlfeld: They moved back to Boone Cty where all of his family is all at.
-
Beechwood 52 Highlands 36 (Frosh)
Always been a fan of Skinner. He coaches hard.
-
Covington Holy Cross 58 Highlands 56
Worth the watch... Pretty cool to see. Facebook
-
Ryle 68 Pendleton County 58
14-15? You can tell he's a solid player and probably really shines in the AAU world. He was face guarded most of the game and passed the ball around well but honestly doesn't have a ton of a supporting cast. They had a few much smaller kids(frosh or soph maybe) shooting it well from 3. It's just hard to hang 4 qtrs with a 6A school from a depth standpoint. I thought Pendleton played well and punched Ryle in the mouth early on but Ryle made the adjustments and responded. Difference in the game IMO was #20(not sure of his name) off the bench for Ryle.
-
Highlands 76 Newport 71
Aren't all of the JV games filmed on HUDL?
-
6A 2017
I thought about copying you because I knew that was coming. Family moved out of district. Highlands should be just fine in the next 2 yrs.
-
6A 2017
Family moved.
-
6A 2017
Ryle should be getting a nice boost in talent, as Hunter Ahlfeld (QB/WR/DB) the Highlands Frosh Offensive MVP will officially start school at Ryle tomorrow morning. Hunter Ahlfeld Frosh Highlights 2
-
Newport Central Catholic 16 Lebanon 8 (Frosh)
Congrats NCC! That's a lot of travel. We actually "Baby Bird's" had a last min cancellation and didn't have a game to play until yesterday afternoon. We were hoping to play NCC. You guys obviously had a full schedule this week. Stinks our schedules didn't work out. Campbell Cty stepped up and is going to play us for our last game. Solid season NCC!
-
Boone County 20 Campbell County 14 (OT)
YEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!! Congrats boys!
-
Top 10 Freshman Teams in NKY
Same statement? How is that the same thing??? In the Cov Cath game I said neither team showed up. Which is the opposite of the HHS/Cooper game. You were the one that said just Cov Cath didn't show up. Are you saying that HHS played good against Cov Cath with all of those TO's? :isurrender: Nothing against Cooper...but...if you were at that game then you know that HHS STUNK. You are only adding validity to my statement by saying Cooper played well and ran for over 200 yards, etc. That game the HHS coaches decided to switch some key positions around which included the QB and it was a disaster. It had the team completely off track until the new QB worked out the kinks and the team got used to his style and they got the right kids in the right positions. No excuses, HHS lost that game but it was nothing like the Cov Cath game. Again, You're making zero sense, but at least your consistent at it. :ohbrother:
-
Top 10 Freshman Teams in NKY
You can't educationally make that statement when both teams struggled with numerous turnovers in a complete downpour at Cov Cath's home field and Cov Cath won by a botched extra point. Especially when HHS is more of a passing team. That makes zero sense. I'm not saying HHS is better, I guess I'm just saying that statement has zero validity to it.
-
Top 10 Freshman Teams in NKY
I hear ya and I agree...but unless Cov Cath completely doesn't show up like we did against Cooper they win 28-7 IMO. Cov Cath's line is going to be major problem for Ryle. Anything can happen...It is frosh football after all. Is the game at Ryle or Cov Cath?
-
Top 10 Freshman Teams in NKY
Ryle is a very solid team but I think last night answered a few questions. I'm pulling for them next week, but I don't know that Ryle has the offense to hang with Cov Cath. Cov Cath's line will be a problem for Ryle. I think the top 3 will finish out... 1. Cov Cath 2. HHS 3. Ryle
-
Highlands @ Grant County Predictions
Grass. It's gonna get muddy!!!
-
Highlands 14 Ryle 6 (Frosh)
Thanks. We missed battling against your boy tonight. I hope he gets back to 100%. Hate to see anyone out hurt.
-
Covington Catholic 63 Highlands 26
You cant have two number ones. Yeah that makes eleven! Ricky Bobby- "TALLADEGA NIGHTS"