Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BCHS-BLUEBIRD

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BCHS-BLUEBIRD

  1. I guess I agree with that. I would have to have a somewhat serviceable back up in case of injury. I just think a really good kicker can change a game and you would worry about injury just like playing a QB on Def. You're argument makes sense though. If's he's good enough, play him, especially at a smaller school. Honestly HHS needs to be playing any and every game changer they have right now even if they never leave the field. Send out a memo to the parents and tell them, we don't care if your name is on the school, "If you want Little Jr to play more, tell him to be better than the other kids, not just older."
  2. I agree. The only one I worry about on that list is Bowman because he is also doing kicking duties and that's where he's needed most is kicking and then LB. Offense would probably have to be situational but he's a hard noised runner and a great kid.
  3. It would be nice to see them both playing this Friday night but I'm not sure that's realistic(I hope I'm wrong). I think they may still need some time to get acclimated. Huddleston hasn't gone FULL HUDDY yet but he is in pads and Ahlfeld just got fully cleared yesterday. Though, IMO, once they are up and going they should be both playing offense and defense. At this point, it need's to be about winning for HHS and both offer homerun capabilities that Highlands needs and could use on both sides of the ball.
  4. Isn't there still a 10 practice break in period after he is cleared? 5 non-contact practices and 5 full pads? Is he already practicing with the team?
  5. Wow...it was 14-0 Campbell and could've easily been 21-0 before halftime. What a comeback for the Birds. They needed that game. That's a tough loss for Campbell.
  6. Do you have any other info on it? Who's the new QB? What other offensive changes and why weren't those done to begin with?
  7. @Qryche11 ???? This is your old stomping ground.
  8. Anyone know what channel it would be on Direct TV? I may DVR it since I'm going to the Ryle-CCH game.
  9. Ryle - Cov Cath I'm not sure how you pass this one up. I'm hoping for a good game. It's got some good story lines. You have Ryle who got pounded by Trinity last week but they were able to identify some major weaknesses and then you have Cov Cath who didn't play anyone that challenged them last week(IMO). Now, they're both getting tested from similar talent levels under the lights for the first time ever at CCH. Questions to answer... Can Cov Cath's line hang with Ryle's, and stop the Chiz? Can Ryle's DB's stop the great AJ Mayer's passing attack? Can Ryle's LB's stop the running attack that will open up from that passing? Can Jake Smith handle the pressure at QB? He did pretty good in the 7-v-7's over the summer but disappeared in the Trinity game. My opinion...If Ryle's DB's can step up and make some big plays and Jake Smith can make his reads and not get rattled then Ryle wins this one 28-21. If AJ passes all over them and Ryle's QB gets rattled Cov Cath runs away with it 42-14. IS IT FRIDAY YET???
  10. Not what I'm saying at all. I'm just suggesting if your going to move your son because of sports(my guess) then move him to the correct grade as well. That would help him even more. He's a great kid with a great family. Would like to see him succeed even more.
  11. I also heard Michael Spencer left Cov Cath and is playing at Cooper now. Not sure what happened with that one. He is a new enroll'ee at Cooper this year. They should've moved him back to his correct year if he switched schools again. He's only 15 and a JR. I believe the parents had him skip a grade when he was younger.
  12. Hope this helps you. Safe travels. It's kind've a steep hill to climb up. You may be able to enter from the middle school up top.
  13. That is the question. Can the new LB's step in and play? Can the line get a surge, Can the DB's continue to shine as they have in 7-v-7? The DB's have to be the tallest in NKY maybe all of KY. The have a 6'3 safety in Selby and two other DB's are 6'2 each.
  14. I don't know that a loss makes Ryle a pretender. Now a 70-0 loss isn't going to look good but considering most teams have been playing for 2nd place against Trinity for the last decade or so I think Ryle will be fine. If they can run the ball some and Jake(new QB) can NOT throw a bunch of int's against the Rocks it will be an okay night for them. For Ryle its: You have to play better to get better and Trinity is better! Just stay healthy and find weaknesses to work on for week 1 against Cov Cath.
  15. I'm guessing scrimmages don't count or maybe because school hasn't started yet?
  16. I'm not sure about the Scott game but Cooper parent confirmed thurs vs BCHS.
  17. You've got to be kidding me. You didn't have the states pockets to dip into? :isurrender: $ In/Out of District (2016/17): In District Tuition / Tuition + Fees = $7,335 / $8,440. Out of District Tuition / Tuition + Fees = $8,060 / $9,165. Relative Tuition. Facts & Figures - Covington Catholic High School Facts & Figures - Covington Catholic High School
  18. Not sure which QB's were which in the 7-v-7 but the WR's looked quick and took a good SK team to a 1 pt game. They seemed to struggle against Ryle but having a good D is key in these 7-v-7's in my opinion. Ryle just has huge DB's IMO for high school. Again could've easily been a different QB as well. Not indicative of anything for Fern Creek, I was just able to see them play twice down at the 7-v-7. Seems like Fern Creek always has some burners playing that can make a play at any given time. Good luck this season boys!
  19. They picked up a stud lineman whose a D1 lock IMO from LCA.
  20. Good kid. I coached him in FTJFL. He's got a high motor. He did great as a frosh too. He will definitely help out that varsity defense this year.
  21. Any information on how the 7-v-7 went today with Campbell Cty, Conner, Cooper and Beechwood this morning? How did everyone look? Any surprises, disappointments, etc???
  22. Should be good one. Hopefully the boys get something out of it. I'm planning on heading down Friday morning. Hopefully the rain holds off. @ATLCat Thanks for the run down!
  23. Ryle is having 7-on-7 tomorrow at Borland Stadium. I'm not sure how many teams will be there but I heard Highlands is one of them. Ryle also leaves this Thurs for the Southeastern 7-on-7 Championships in Dalton, GA.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.