Everything posted by BCHS-BLUEBIRD
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
Where are the games going to be played at?
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
It looks like the tourney starts next week. Does anyone have a bracket for the big schools? I heard they cut the list of schools that get in. Is it 5 teams or 6 teams now? I heard the top teams in each division still get a bye? I'm guessing that's HMS and St Pius in the 8th grade but I haven't seen anything else. Thoughts???
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
As you know all to well, Conner doesn't have to abide by any of the Boone Cty basketball rules! :popcorn:
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
They did. Campbell County went down to KBA earlier this year and played as well.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
Highlands vs Campbell last night. Highlands swept all 3 by double digit margins.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
I hate to see any of the boys get hurt. He's a solid player. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
So Highlands blows out Summit View again and for the 8th grade it was the 4th straight time this year they have beat them. I think you may have the wrong theme here... P.S. Let's keep it about basketball not the fact that you wouldn't let an woman in and made her walk around in 20 degree weather and she lit you up for it. Keep stirring that pot.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
My guess is you didn't go. They were all 3 pretty boring games. 6th and 7th were complete blowouts and 8th won by around 10. Keep stirring that pot.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
Summit View
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
Twenhofel? What grade? Who were they playing? Final score?
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
Yep, Here we go again... Seems like we always have to play at least 5 times a year. Will you have your full team back now? I know you had someone out with a broken bone over the holidays.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
It was at Woodland.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
Was the 8th grade game close?
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
HMS vs Woodland 6th: ? 7th: HMS by 12 8th: HMS by 20+ 7th was a great game. Final score doesn't tell the story for sure. HMS was up early on them, maybe 12-6, Woodland battled back and had HMS down by almost 10 at one point? HMS just wouldn't go away and ended up taking the lead in the 4th. Game was close until maybe 2:00 mins left and HMS got a little bigger lead and they were up 8 with about 30 secs left when an intentional foul was called and then the coach got his 2nd T and got thrown out. 4 FT's later and getting the ball back and it was over. What a great game.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
Both can dunk pretty easily. I believe Green has also dunked in a game already.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
Unfortunately it wasn't much of a game. HMS won pretty big. Green just doesn't have the same supporting cast. They seemed to struggle bringing the ball up against Highland's pressure. Ahlfeld being a 5'10 guard caused them problems since there guards were pretty short(I think one of St Agnes guards even came from the 7th grade team.) They ended up having Green bring the ball up most of the game. Green and Salter had a few good battles down low, both had a couple of nice blocks and put backs. Green seems a little more polished with going strong to the hoop but Issac seemed to have a little more touch on his shots and a little better on D(diving on the floor for lose balls and taking charges). Nice to see Issac playing so hard last night. He was definitely motivated last night playing against one of his AAU buddies. Unfortunately, no dunks during the game. Only during warm-ups. Crazy seeing 5 kids last night in 8th grade grabbing the rim and 2 of them dunking. That just never happened when I was in Middle school.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
I'm sure he will...That basketball machine keeps rolling down hill. #ANGRYHIGHLANDSPARENT haha My boy seems to be more into football or it would definitely be something to look at. I'd have a hard time not looking at CCH as an option if my son only wanted to play Bball. We always want what's best for our children. Of course, I'd have to move from Ft Thomas first so they wouldn't burn down my house. LOL jk
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
Battle of some of the top 8th grade centers in NKY tonight. Issac Salter(HMS) vs Neil Green(St Agnes) tonight. Should be a fun one to watch. Get the popcorn ready.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
So is Beechwood still the favorite in the Small Division even with losing all of that scoring?
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
Deep breathes...It wasn't a dig against you guys. Your so sensitive these days. LOL jk Buddy! Yeah, we ended up beating St. Pius on a last second shot. It just had me thinking that I was surprised they are losing as much as they are this year, that's all. I consider HMS, CE, St Pius, and Beechwood(haven't played them yet) all top tier 8th grade teams in the area right now. SVM is there too but with missing one of the top scorers it will be hard for them to hang right now at the top but I hear he will be back for the end of season tourney. I hear Ockerman is playing some better basketball too.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
I don't think anyone would say St Pius 8th grade isn't a great team with one of the top players around in Michael Maher, but it sounds like they have struggled a little bit this year compared to years in the past. Does anyone know their record this year?
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
HMS won fairly easily if I remember correctly. It was a double digit win. Not sure what the final score was.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
HMS 8th beats Summit View to win the Dayton X-Mas Tourney. Not much of a game this time around HMS by double digits. SV missing a key player. SV didn't seem the same without him. Highlands moves to 13-2 on the year.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
I still think you have that sometimes. I talk to other parents on other teams and most teams are pretty similar. You figure 80% of the points come from 2-3 kids on the team and that 2-3 kids may change a little as a different child may get hot one game but the core of the scoring comes from just a few. IMO, Usually the ones that need the stats aren't the ones putting up the stats. I think that Salter/Ahlfeld/Huddleston could care less about a triple double or scoring 30 pts a game as long as they win. They would be more interested in playing the whole time and just getting one dunk or a SportsCenter worthy block or diving steal and winning the game by 20 pts.
-
2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th
Brock Huber is the team manager and does a stat book and we usually have someone film the games as well.