Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HIM

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HIM

  1. The buck sweep is primarily a boundary run that is very successful in today's game, so I would have to strongly disagree with you. I don't advocate running the ball on 3rd and 7 often but if I am the buck sweep is one of my go to plays and that is a boundary call.
  2. It is easier to win games with D1 players, there is no correlation on rather or not a D1 player is easy to coach or not.
  3. Could be better for both the coach and the school. Hard for a home grown product to do well, and be what is expected of him in his own community.
  4. 150 plays with 10 special teams plays or even 20 is still putting both teams at 60-70 offensive plays which is simply outrageous and not reachable. The rule difference in college has nothing to do with it, you are still talking about 5 full minutes per quarter which is 20 minuets a game longer which far exceeds the amount of times someone goes out of bounds.
  5. Are you tracking these plays? I have a hard time believing that JV teams are going faster than Clemson, Auburn and almost at the same warp speed as Oregon but doing it at 10 minute quarters... seems simply mind boggling considering Oregon is only averaging 78.4 plays, Clemson at 80, and Auburn at 70 of offense a game in 15 minute quarters. I just don't see how jv teams are going 150 plays in 8-10 minute quarters, when we have the most brilliant up tempo minds averaging less plays per minute than JV teams
  6. Would be a terrible idea, look at the possessions teams get in JV games. If you get behind you may as well head to the bus because you are not coming back in a game, I wish the quarters were longer if anything.
  7. If you are not from the mountains, that is not a job a coach from anywhere else in the state would consider.
  8. What is the All A Classic, I am not familiar with this?
  9. Noel Devine is one of the most electric high school players in the history of the sport and his team never even had a winning record and he could pick any D1 school in the country to play at. Plenty of schools put out D1 and NFL players and never win games. Anyone who has ever coached or truly been around the game besides just a fan knows that recruiting is far less about stats and much more about measurables and tangibles. How many kids move on to D1 or the NFL should have no bearing on how good a program is at all, in fact it should be the other way around, how many titles can you win without elite D1 talent or NFL talent.
  10. We are still only talking about Boyle for some reason, when I mentioned Male as well, but if we are going to stay on Boyle that is fine. Corbin with wins and loses in the state championships still only matches the amount of titles that Boyle has has, to me it's a no brainer which team should be ranked higher, because district title pale in comparison to winning the entire state championship. After that point getting to the big game, and winning the big game are also different. One team has done that 7 out of 8 try's while Corbin has done it 3 out of 7 times. I respect the heck out of Corbin I just don't respect the heck out of district titles, what I respect is winning the championship and I will go back to the NFC East. I have no respect for any of the teams that win that division. Some teams can win district championship after championship playing little competition. Now this is a good argument and if SW were to win 7 more titles giving them 8 championships, I would consider them the better program even in the watered down 6 class system.
  11. I think 1 state title is worth more than 3-5 district titles easily yes, even though 1 state title could be a little flukey. You start compounding multiple state titles like 5-7 even if it is in a short period and I would take that over 30 district titles any day, but that's just my opinion.
  12. I think that's a broad brush you are painting with, because to me I simply value state titles significantly higher than anything else. I think extremely high of the Corbin program, I just think Male is easily one of the top 10 programs in the state history off titles alone even if they were bad in the 80's same with Boyle, or Highlands, or BG, Danville, Belfry, Trinity, X. While I am sure I am leaving someone out, those are the teams I think of when I think of a top 10, and to not have Male in there is crazy and I would say the same for Boyle as well.
  13. I wish I had the time, but bringing up talking points doesn't really mean I need to make my own thread. Some people need some thicker skin.
  14. I understand completely what you are saying, so I am bringing up a different argument, do titles matter more than district championships? This system seems to value good seasons over Great seasons, as long as you had a long run of good seasons. It's kind of like the argument for Notre Dame football, yes they won a lot of championships 30+ years ago, but what about the now, would teams like Oregon not be considered top 10 programs because they came a long recently and have dominated, instead of having average success over a large margin of years?
  15. I guess my biggest gripes comes from the fact that PT and Corbin are both ahead of Boyle because when you combine PT and Corbin they still don't have as many State Championships as Boyle does, but they are ahead because of district titles. I get what you are saying about the amount of value they used to hold, but I think it skews the numbers quite significantly. My other concern is how in the world Male is not in the top 10, and again I think that is because of the weight of the district titles, and the fact they used to play in "super district" which is why I don't like how much weight a district title holds. A 5-6 team can win a district title but that doesn't hold a lot of weight to me, looks like the NFC east vs a Wildcard team like the Vikings, just doesn't make sense to me. Some of what you said is true, but it also has programs ranked quite high who have not been relevant in a long time as well, because of how many districts they won many, many years ago. The formula works both ways, and I love the work and effort he is putting into it, I am just adding to discussion about how we should maybe weight things differently, because I agree that both Male and Boyle should be at a different place, but the district wins skew things heavily in favor of teams who are not near as dominating as Boyle or Male.
  16. I love what you are doing but don't agree with the formula. I believe State Championships should out favor everything else by a large margin, followed by appearances. District titles are awesome, but to me 25 district titles is nothing compared to even 2-3 state titles with 2-3 more appearances. I don't think teams playing for state championships are even worried about the district they look right past that.
  17. Adjust the play at the line based on where the D front is shifted, they start him in the pistol so that the D has to commit a strong and weak side and can't play off the back. Then right before the snap the RB just moves to the side that favors the offense. You see lots of teams doing this in CFB (Clemson, Ohio State, Auburn, Oregon, ASU, Zona ETC)
  18. Makes it sound to me that it doesn't fit the personnel. From what I have seen of St. X and I will admit is limited, the best way to utilize the talent on the roster is the same way the Panthers utilize Cam Newton. Get in the gun let the big athletic QB get into the endzone with a spread power game. Get guys out of the box and use your best weapon running down hill. I don't know the circumstances or the position St. X is in, but I do know that the offensive system St. X is running is picture perfect for the QB, and you should build an offense around your signal caller.
  19. I just pulled up film of St X VS HC and saw an I formation on the goal line, was that the only time it was used the entire year?
  20. 3 of the 4 teams in the current college football playoff are exclusively shotgun with little tight end usage even in the red zone (using the H back to supplement this) I guess Sweeney, Meyer, and Kelly don't know offenses?
  21. What he said, but to add to that neither have money attached. You are more likely to earn a scholarship coming from a preferred walk on spot than just walking on, as you would have to try out and not even be guaranteed to make the team at all in the first place.
  22. I like Garrard VS Lex Cath... for some reason, I just get this susupision that Garrard can pull this one out in a close one.
  23. Highlands has never had 11 new guys they run in on offense and defense in the course of the game which would include removing the QB. It would make no sense to remove 11 starters at the same time. No team at any level of football has ever done that, that im aware of. Sometimes you sub personnel packages for more dbs or more speed on offense but Highlands nor any D1 or NFL has done what you are calling platooning. Platooning is simply having a separate defensive unit from offensive unit.
  24. This is exactly why KHSAA screwed up massively when they went to 6 classes. Winning a state championship will always be a huge significance but I value them far less now than when teams were winning them during the time period of 4 classifications. I can't understand why Kentucky has 6 classes and teams with no wins make the playoffs. Some people who are in power really need to push to bring it back down to 4 classes, because it really waters down the legitimacy of some of the past champions.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.