Everything posted by HIM
-
Why Should High School Coaches Be Fired?
Is anyone else blown away that we have people on here who truly think that coaches, coaches should not be evaluated on wins and losses? You are supposed to coach football games. I mean, what else would a coach be evaluated on? I am so confused, not every team has to win a championship but every single school in the state should be judged on wins and losses and its the AD's job to know rather or not a team should be doing more than what they are doing with what they have on the field.
-
Why Should High School Coaches Be Fired?
Not every team is going to win state championships, but I think growth, or maintaining a status quo of winning should be expected of every coach. If you can't turn a program into a winner then what are you doing at a program?
-
Why Should High School Coaches Be Fired?
Should we give the coach a participation trophy as well? I mean what about all the crop of young coaches who wont get a shot if we don't fire inept coaches who cant win games?
-
Rockcastle County Football
You can't compare middle school to high school period. I also think lack of speed has hurt Rock for a while. Those teams in in 01 and 02 had exceptional size to make up for that lack of speed.
-
Hot Seat
I am sorry, I thought it was the coaches job to get the best athletes out to play football, as well as hire his staff? I am not bashing the coach I don't know the guy I don't even know his name. I just know that Jessamine county has enough talent to win more than 2 games in 2 years.
-
Hot Seat
How is my argument invalid? Your teaching contract is separate from your coaching contract. Your contract as a coach is to win is it not?
-
Hot Seat
Isn't that what you do? Plenty of schools coaches do not work as teachers such as Lafayette, Taylor Co. West Jessamine, these guys are just coaches. Then the coaches who are teachers have separate contracts from their teaching job, you do not sign a contract that goes hand and hand with your teaching job. You can be fired as a coach and still have your teaching contract they do not go together. Plenty of coaches have been fired or resigned from their coaches spot and stayed on to teach, the contracts are completely separate from one another. You have to apply for two separate jobs, one is a coaching job inside the district, the other is a teaching job.
-
Hot Seat
That is only semi true, you can definately out scheme other teams. We still have about half the teams in the state lining up power I and trying to run it in 2015, about 40% of the teams buy the Tony Franklin system and barely practice. Very few good coaches are out there. I also see tons of teams winning with less talent, look at all the small schools that beat these Lexington schools, you can't tell me for a second that Lexington does not have the second most talent in the state outside of Jefferson county.
-
Hot Seat
West Jessamine I am confused on why people in this thread think its ok to keep coaches in position as the head coach when they continue to lose. The job of the head football coach is to win football games. Yes it's great when coaches are fantastic life teachers and mentors and we all want coaches to do that, but a coaches job is to coach and win football games, and if you don't do that you should be fired. The job of teacher and counselors is to teach and mentor students.
-
Danville @ LCA
That looks a lot better imo. The way it looked was really like a sore loser, I have only seen Danville in a scrimmage don't know anything about Somerset or LCA this year so I can't argue with you.
-
Danville @ LCA
He has been saying they should have won from the get go, and saying how average LCA is after losing to them... sounds like lots excuses to me. When that happens I always believe that the better team won. I haven't seen either team so I can't be sure but really sounds like excuses. Neither team had its best player but I see one person making excuses of how they should have won.
-
Danville @ LCA
No dog in this fight, but I see lots of excuses from someone.
-
Gage Tucker OL Scott High School Class Of 2017
I am not sure the thread ever had a course.
-
Increase In Soccer Threads A Canary In the Coal Mine?
TAC I believe you said it best, very easy to be unathletic and a part of a "team"
-
Mercer County/West Jessamine
I will take Mercer they are better coached even if they had a tough start to the season.
-
Open Jobs
Some of the jobs I am curious about are West Jessamine, Nelson County, Casey County, Seneca and I am sure some others but those just off the top of my head.
-
What if?
I believe Scott Co would dominate.
-
West Jessamine/Marion County predictions
I will take Marion in this one, year after year things just keep going down hill in West Jessamine.
-
2015 Mr. Football
I agree with on on Daniels as well, the kid is talented on both sides of the ball even if he does project defensively at the next level. Let me ask this question, do you think that competition plays any factor, such as do you think that a kid in 1A deserves it over a 6A kid for example, Guy from Scott co. just because of the level of competition he is having to play? I always thought of this as an interesting little side bit, to see what others thought of such things.
-
2015 Mr. Football
No where did I say elite, Danville is playing well, and Anderson is down from in the past but still a talented team. You take away Boyle best player and distributor and the games could be very different. I still think Boyle would win those, but they are clearly not the favorite in 3A without Robbins.
-
2015 Mr. Football
They do no win the state championship without him.
-
2015 Mr. Football
I disagree completely, you take a kid away from Boyle who has been starting since his sophomore year, and is the QB of the number 1 team in 3A and you think they beat 6a Central Hardin, or a talented Danville team, or even this Anderson county team? I think that is just an absurd statement to be quite honest. If you go by numbers alone Robbins numbers trump Daniels in everything but tackles, he has more passing yards than Daniels has yards combined. 6:1 TD to INT ratio, and on defense he has 3 interceptions.
-
2015 Mr. Football
Top D1 prospect doesn't necessarily mean they deserve Mr. Football, I really don't see how anyone can go against Robbins.
-
2015 Mr. Football
Robbins should be the front runner. What's so impressive is that his numbers looks great and he hasn't even played played close to the quarters of most players on this list.
-
Gage Tucker OL Scott High School Class Of 2017
If he is a legit 6'3 which it sounds like his biggest issue is his lack of footwork and his size. He will almost be put on red shirt if he is lucky enough to play D1 just to get his body fat down if he is 15 and 340 pounds, that is really over weight for what coaches want at that size and age.