Everything posted by Old-School-Football
-
Courier-Journal Litkenhous Ratings 9-28
And, if Trinity beats X this week, it will most likely put them back in the 1 spot. A win by X could move them up to the 1 or 2 line
-
Trinity vs. St Xavier Predictions
BOTH teams seem to struggle from time to time in the rain and with the natural playing surface. Good thing we're back on the turf. Just hope for a beautiful football weather evening...for the guys playing the game. Last two regular season games have been a nightmare from a Mother Nature perspective. Could have played both games on Noah's Ark. Also hope for a big crowd on both sides. Because of the weather the past 2 years, I think we've been around 18,000. Would like to see both fan bases push this thing back up to 25,000 +. I'll take the Rocks 24-17.
-
Trinity football schedule
Male guys would rather comment on all of the Trinity threads and stir the pot versus starting something constructive about his/her own program. Now that is laughable. We continue to remain complimentary and take our medicine but they choose to "poke the bear" with nothing to show for it except a few regular season wins. Better stay focused on winning that dirty Bucket or Barrel...whatever they call that thing in the Manual game. Hell, they have struggled to hold on to that one over recent history...right? Even with all the glory, still have to get by Manual, X and the Rocks. Even if they get that far, still have to wonder if they can get by teams like Simon Kenton and Scott County. Guess we will eventually find out. If it happens, I'll be one of the first to congratulate the kids and coaches. Until then, I'll keep reading all the fun stuff about a regular season beat down.
-
Central 21 Waggener 6
Did the Harper boys play for Waggener?
-
Trinity football schedule
Only games we could have changed were Lafayette (loaded with D1 talent) and PRP. Could have made an attempt to replace both games/teams with Moe and Cincy St X or Colerain. The Rocks and Colerain need a tie breaker game.
-
6A Playoff Projections
You might flip flop X and Manual in the 2 and 3 spots. I would love it because T would get home field in the 1st and 2nd round. Just saying, Manual is still undefeated and they can beat anyone in this state on any given night. Your prediction is solid - spot on....but that 2 and 3 spot might change between X and Manual.
-
Trinity 51 Jeffersontown 0
Just amazing how things change over 25 years. 1988 Trinity - 14 / JT - 7 (lot of people will argue this is one of the great T teams with Jeff Brohm winning Mr Football) 1989 Trinity - 14 / JT - 6 (late 4th quarter drive by Chargers stalled) 1990 Trinity - 13 / JT - 0 (Chargers actually out gained the Rocks in total yards and 1st downs) 1991 Trinity - 24 / JT- 14 (game tied going into 4th quarter) All of this during the 50 game win streak. Again, pretty crazy when you think how much things can change in only 25 years. And back then, JT wasn't even the 2nd best team in that district. Bob Redman Waggener teams were knocking at the door back then as well. Now Waggener is 3A.
-
Trinity 51 Jeffersontown 0
Eastern and Ballard will both be better than JTOWN in the coming weeks. But, you might see a running clock in the 2nd half of both games. Not looking forward to the Seneca game. Agree, compliments to both coaches for a well organized game last night under horrible comditions. All the folks I talk to at JTown are really happy with Stonebreaker. Problem on the field right now isn't the coaching staff. Need to pullover kids from the hallways to play football and going to take some time. But, everyone I'm talking to especially last night say he is a good thing for JTown on and off the field.
-
2A Fantasy Football- Round 3
Henschen Jacob
-
Week 5 Best In the Bluegrass: Feel Free To Add Before I Post Article
How about a 'dandy defensive' performance by Trinity? Beat previously undefeated and Top 10 ranked PRP 44-0 holding them to -15 yards and 1 first down. Seneca has scored 1 TD through 5 games this year. Not surprised at all with the Male vs Seneca outcome.
-
Best QB in 6A
I'm going to throw Woosley (Trinity) into the discussion. By his own standards, he would be the first to tell you he under-performed against Ensworth and Male. But, I think his stats are worth mentioning against arguably the toughest 4 game stretch to open the season. 52-89 (58.4%) for 716 yards / 6 TD / 1 INT / 1 Rushing TD. In an offense that I feel the staff is trying to be a little more run first so far this year. Again, stiff competition. Looking forward to watching his progression over the next several weeks and happy with his performance so far. Ready to give him the Heisman - NO. But, feel like the Rocks are in good hands. I mentioned Walker Wood this week. Just want to stress how the kid really impressed even in a 70-14 defeat. How in the world does that happen? I'm not going to argue Shelton for Male. He was pretty special last week - needs to be on this list as well. Looking forward to watching his progress in addition to others. No INT's this year!!! Davis Mattingly who????
-
Top Freshman in Louisville & Oldham County Area
Where is Shawn'kel playing high school ball? His brother Kel'shawn was hooping at Trinity for a few years before heading across the river last I heard. Great kid! Best of luck to all the young men. Nice to see some of them getting the early recognition.
-
DeSales at Fern Creek predictions
I saw Kinslow at the UL game last night. My Lord he is a MAN!!! Hope to see him in pads some time this season. Would hate to take a shot from that guy running full speed up in the A or B gap. Again, best of luck to both teams tonight. I'm still taking the Colts. Hard to go against a group of kids 100% bought into TEAM ball and a certain concept the coaches and community have established (for several years now). Talented kids - but talented kids bought into that concept is even stronger. In the same breath, I want to see FC play well.
-
2015 Mr. Football
On any list, replace Wakefield with Zachary Smith (just my 2 cents). If we're talking about the best player on the best team in all classes, then we need to start showing Z Smith some love. Go back and look at his stats the past 2-3 seasons...and now. Rodjay Burns has to be on the list. Getting it done in a big way on both sides of the ball. If I had a vote, I would most likely go with Kash. Fun to watch what he is doing with his team regardless of class...and he is committed to the Big Blue Nation. Also getting it done on both sides of the ball.
-
Best QB in 6A
Walker Wood is the best I've seen so far. He managed to shine even in the 70-14 loss to Trinity.
-
Predictions: PRP @ Trinity 9/18/2015
Maybe I'm living in a dream land but I have a hard time comprehending all the hatred for the Rocks. If anything, I would expect verbal abuse from the X fans on a regular basis and the T fans giving it right back to X (at the end of the day, X is our rival no matter how you dice it or what you think of us). Seems like a bigger group of people/schools really can't stand or appreciate what T has accomplished. I would imagine if they lived in other communities, they would feel the same way about Highlands, Boyle, BG, Mayfield, etc. Price you pay for being on top for so long and walking around with a bunch of rings on your finger. In the last week, different people have called us 'Sore Losers' - 'Delusional' - 'Butt Hurt Individuals' and 'need to wipe that SMUG look off our faces'... At the same time, the T Army being more than complimentary to other teams, coaches and programs. All in good fun when we talk trash but Good Lord...seems like a lot of folks take high school sports WAY too personal.
-
DeSales at Fern Creek predictions
Colts player? Suspended from school or just sitting out the game this week. Either way, hate to hear something like that. Good luck to both teams this week. I'm taking the Colts 28-13.
-
2A Fantasy Football - Round 2
Harris - RB - Todd Co Austin - QB - Glasgow
-
Predictions: PRP @ Trinity 9/18/2015
Agreed! Much respect for the PRP coaches and players....and the folks in and around that community. Not sure how they do it but you can always count on solid teams in football, baseball and basketball. I'm sure they do great in other sports but I'm only talking about the big three that get most of the attention from the male population. You pretty much never see PRP falling out of relevance in any sport...always top notch. Some schools should look at PRP as the blueprint if you want to complete in all sports. How in the world are they always so good and other schools very similar drop off the map every 5 years? Eastern is located in a similar community...so is JTown. Are kids getting dropped off at the door step at PRP or different kind of male athletes attending the school as apposed to Eastern and JT? Fern Creek seems to be back on track and moving up the 5A rankings. I'm just amazed at how some schools fall so far off the map in athletics and the PRP teams always seem to be hanging around the Top 25 in all sports...every single year.
-
Bluegrasspreps' Class 6A Rankings 9-14-15
You got it. Pretty sure we are on the same page. Plenty of football to play but you might say our part of the bracket could look like this... #1 Male vs #4 JTOWN / #2 Ballard vs #3 Manual #1 Trinity vs #4 PRP / #2 St X vs #3 Eastern In my opinion, X and Manual could be flip flopped in the 2 or 3 spot depending on regular season outcome and the same thing with maybe Ballard and Eastern. The 2 and 3 spots in both districts might be very interchangeable by the end of the year. Can't leave a 4-0 PRP out of the discussion either. Do they have a chance to move into a 2 or 3 spot? Will find out about this team when they play the Rocks on Friday.
-
Male 42 Trinity 13
Great analysis, CWB. 21-13 at half and HOGG mentioned the missed PAT and missed FG. Things were ugly in the first half but the Rocks still managed to get into the locker room only down by a TD. Should have been 21-17. If I'm not mistaken, the first 2 Male TD's were set up by a partially blocked punt and Interception. Again, I think they had a total of 35-40 yards of offense and went up 14-0. That was huge right out of the gate. Rocks never seemed to recover. You simply can't let Male play with momentum the WHOLE night. You have to steal momentum from them somewhere and the Rocks couldn't do it last Friday. Coach Wolf hit the nail on the head in the paper...he thought T had the momentum going into the locker room at half and he was thankful to get the ball in 2nd half. He was stressing to his kids the importance of scoring coming out in 2nd half - and boy did they execute!! I agree...would like to see BOTH teams clean up some of the personal fouls and chippy play. The officiating didn't impact the outcome but also agree it was average at best. CSAA basketball officials...some of you know what I'm talking about. Questionable calls on both teams - and usually missed some of the most obvious. Best of luck to the Dogs rest of the way. Sure hope we get another shot.
-
Male 42 Trinity 13
Please explain Ham Bone. I'm a Trinity fan and spent the whole evening around Trinity people. I didn't see any sign of a 'Sore Loser' but may have missed something. I do think it is a poor choice of words when you say majority of the fans...I would say 3,000 T fans in the stadium so you have a good feel that MAJORITY of them are sore losers....got it. I didn't see one person acting that way - as a matter of fact, I didn't see anything but respect for Male. It was a great game, very chippy on both sides but Male deserves all the credit for execution and congrats on the win. Outplayed the Rocks in every facet of the game. Rocks had 35 total yards in 2nd half and 1 first down. Offense never gave the defense a chance. First 2 Male TD'S accumulated about 35 total yards of offense. Back to work today for Rocks...look in the mirror...gut check time.
-
Desales vs Holy Cross (Louisville) at Fairdale Predictions
Big week for both Catholic Communities. Wishing both teams the best of luck - hope for an injury free, competitive contest. I'll say the Colts bring home the Hibernian Cup once again...50-7. Could get out of hand but a lot of classy people playing in this one on both sides. Especially hope all the Seniors enjoy the last time around in this old school rivalry.
-
Trinity @ Male 9/11 Predictions
Hope not. Pretty sure a large portion of both teams taking the ACT on Sat.
-
Trinity @ Male 9/11 Predictions
Male isn't the only team/school to chant something of this nature. I remember local schools making the same comments in basketball and football for as long as I can remember. Expect to hear it more now that we are playing a traditional local schedule again. Do we like it...no. But, Male isn't the only school doing it. No matter how you you look at the situation, Male has shown a great deal of school spirit and created an electric Friday night atmosphere. That is a lot more than you can say when you look at other schools...wait and see over the next several weeks. I'll say it again, this is the 5th trip for our Seniors to the Male campus. You just don't hear about stuff like that very often. Like it or not, the Male students make a great Friday night atmosphere. The T football guys have been super impressed with our student support as well. I agree we expect a huge turnout and hope to match Male. Just remember the guys inside the lines have to play the game. That was pretty ugly last year!