6A Playoff Projections

All Tell

The first district games have been played. Time for an early projection of the 6A playoffs. Winners BOLD

Round 1:

REGION 1

#1 McCracken Co. vs #4 Ohio Co

#2 North Hardin vs #3 Daviess Co

#2 Henderson Co. vs #3 Meade Co.

#1 Central Hardin vs Muhlenburg Co.

REGION 2

#1 Male vs #4 J-Town

#2 Ballard vs #3 Manual

#2 St. Xavier vs #3 Eastern

#1 Trinity vs #4 PRP

REGION 3

#1 Ryle vs #4 Butler

#2 Campbell Co vs #3 Conner

#2 Cooper vs #3 Boone Co

#1 Simon Kenton vs # 4 Seneca

REGION 4

#1 Scott Co vs #4 GR Clark

#2 Madison Central vs #3 Bryan Station

#2 Henry Clay vs #3 Tates Creek

#1 Lafayette vs #4 Dunbar

Round 2

Region 1

McCracken vs Daviess

Henderson vs C. Hardin

Region 2

Male vs Manual

Trinity vs St. X

Region 3

Ryle vs Conner

S Kenton vs Cooper

Region 4

Scott Co vs Bryan Station

Henry Clay vs Lafayette

Regionals

McCracken vs C Hardin

Male vs Trinity

S Kenton vs Ryle

Scott Co vs Lafayette

Semi Finals

McCracken vs Trinity

Scott Co vs S Kenton

Championship

Scott Co vs Trinity

Comments? Anyone else care to project?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might flip flop X and Manual in the 2 and 3 spots. I would love it because T would get home field in the 1st and 2nd round. Just saying, Manual is still undefeated and they can beat anyone in this state on any given night. Your prediction is solid - spot on....but that 2 and 3 spot might change between X and Manual.

You might flip flop X and Manual in the 2 and 3 spots. I would love it because T would get home field in the 1st and 2nd round. Just saying, Manual is still undefeated and they can beat anyone in this state on any given night. Your prediction is solid - spot on....but that 2 and 3 spot might change between X and Manual.

I thought about that. I also thought about flipping Manual and PRP and putting Manual in the 4 slot. In the end I see Manual undefeated at this point with only 1 "signature", that being against Central. X is still X so I see them beating Manual in a close one, although they play at Manual, that could be enough to do it.

I thought about that. I also thought about flipping Manual and PRP and putting Manual in the 4 slot. In the end I see Manual undefeated at this point with only 1 "signature", that being against Central. X is still X so I see them beating Manual in a close one, although they play at Manual, that could be enough to do it.

Given how both teams have played this year I would have to think that this is the year Manual finally beats X.

@All Tell do you have a rational explanation for picking Trinity over Male after the results of the first matchup? Is that optimism, or do have a reason for thinking Trinity can turn the tables?

Because Trinity tends to fair better in rematches and Male still has NOT shown it can beat somebody when it matters in the post-Redman era?

Last two years Male had stout teams, too.

Or that it's hard to beat an elite team back-to-back, let alone the score of Game 1?

@All Tell do you have a rational explanation for picking Trinity over Male after the results of the first matchup? Is that optimism, or do have a reason for thinking Trinity can turn the tables?

Biased opinion of course plays a role. The biggest reason is that Male played a great game but Trinity made a ton of unforced errors, errors that can be corrected. I just feel like if Trinity gets another shot at them it will be a different game.