Everything posted by Clubhouse
-
Simon Kenton 78 Scott 75
It was definitely a sloppy game but I found it rather enjoyable. Definitely a lot of emotion involved in the game. SK didn't play particularly good or hard in the first half which showed up on the scoreboard. Niece tried to do a little too much in the first half but played in a much better flow the second half. Scott didn't maintain their first half emotion in the second half and SK out-scrapped them; especially Buckner coming up with loose balls and looking to score. Both teams are loaded with young talent and will be fun to watch for the next several years. How much fun would it be to see them match up in a post season tourney state game. As far as officiating goes; if you haven't seen an 8th Region game, you would probably find it hard to understand why SK fans complain so frequently. The officials are not nearly as good as what the 9th offers. The 8th used to have a few good ones but they have either moved on to other regions or are doing KIAC games etc. It simply is not good but that's the way it is.
-
Simon Kenton 64 Ryle 43
Ryle played hard with their half court defense and press when they could get it set-up. Whenever SK got the opportunity to transition, Ryle seemed to lose Sammons who hit wide open shot after wide open shot. A couple of SK runs in the game made the score more lopsided than it was; 7 points at half and I believe 8 points after 3. SK has a nice team; will need to work on their eye roll game to improve.
-
Ryle 51 Simon Kenton 48
Game was at Ryle so they were 9th Region guys. I know who you are talking about but he isn't as bad as these two; almost like they had never seen a game before? It was almost funny at times; although the SK JV coach wasn't laughing when he landed the T.
-
Most Misunderstood Basketball Rules
Ball inbounded in front court and thrown by offensive team towards the backcourt. Offensive player touches the ball, it goes into the back court and they retrieve. Is it O&B? They did not possess it but simply touched it.
-
Ryle 51 Simon Kenton 48
Hard fought game on the varsity level. Ryle more poised down the stretch. SK's 3rd quarter turnover barrage and inability to make free throws the big difference. I'd like to see % as well; have to believe it was in the 30% range? Both are talented teams and will have solid seasons. The officiating in the JV game...hard to describe and really, really bad both ways. The face mask call against Aaron Rogers last night was less of a foul than the one mentioned above where the girl got hooked around the neck and spun around. I appreciate the fact that the guys were out there and there's a shortage of officials but we all can't be refs. I didn't see the Freshman game but I heard was very similar.
-
Butler (2-8) Simon Kenton (10-0) 1st round Playoff Prediction
Are there any SK injuries that might affect the game and not make it as lopsided as some are predicting?
-
8th Region Tourney at Henry County Postponed
Not to be a Debbie Downer but I think the schedules for boys and girls are up in the air; with 6-12+ inches of snow across the 8th Region, it is going to be tough for the girls to resume tomorrow. Owen County has Level 3 snow emergency. I'm sure the AD's are presently scrambling. Girls tourney starts next Wednesday; boys not until the week after so my guess is they will make the girls a priority.
-
NDA v Holmes Predictions 2/24 (35th District Tourney)
NDA pulls out the 3 point upset.
-
Simon Kenton at Highlands - New Time
Last day of school was 2/12. Not 100% positive but I doubt they have touched a ball since then. No Meyer and game with no meaning for SK. Highlands by 12+.
-
Simon Kenton at Highlands - New Time
Surprised this got by the Kenton COunty Kremlin. I look for SK to struggle.
-
Simon Kenton 53 Newport Central Catholic 51
My guess is SK is going to see more zone than anything else the rest of the season. SK's offense seems to come from Meyer on the blocks or Niece drives. According to KHSAA website stats; 23% from beyond the arc.
-
Why do we not have a shot clock for HS Basketball?
Beat me to it; the cost of installation and maintenance. Some schools barely have scoreboards that work. Besides, I'm a little old school; I don't mind a team that can get a lead and use ball control to eat the clock. It isn't the easiest thing to do; often backfires.
-
Holmes 64 Highlands 62
Awesome to see what looks to be a good crowd in the backdrop of the photos. I think it is a 4 horse race with 1. HC 2. Holmes 3. Highlands 4. NCC. Crazier things have happened but I'm thinking anyone else who wins the region is a huge longshot, including the perennial region teams of Boone, Ryle and NDA; just don't see it happening with the top 3 among the best in the state. Strongest year for 9th in quite a while.
-
Simon Kenton 63 Walton Verona 38
21- I guess you could say all regular season games are kind of meaningless then? Once districts start everyone is 0-0. I was at this game and SK sure didn't look like they were playing with a meaningless disposition; more like making a statement. :up:
-
Scott/Simon Kenton Predictions
Crowds at the SK games have been dismal. Hopefully a great crowd comes out to see an awesome game between these two rivals. Hope to make it.
-
Dorian Henry Dunk
Impressive power. Ball hits his hands just inside the key yet he makes it to the rim. As a ref, I couldn't have called travelling either.
-
Simon Kenton 75 Ryle 39
Not sure how big of a win this really was; Ryle is not very good. SK will have their hands full Friday night.
-
Simon Kenton 59 Christian Academy-Louisville 58
Notice he didn't say what year. I think they will in 2016 and 17. Sophomore and freshman classes are stacked. I don't think it happens this year but SK may be able to taste state.
-
Simon Kenton 55 Walton Verona 50
Many reasons why coaches should never be on the floor. Here's another perspective. Player turns around to start running the fastbreak and runs into coach that he/she didn't expect to be there, falls awkwardly and is injured...now what. He's lucky it was the referee who didn't see him and not a small point guard. There is simply no defense for the move, no matter what the intent. Has KHSAA made ruling on the length of suspension? I know it is 3 games minimum but this situation would seem like it could have different consequences.
-
Simon Kenton 55 Walton Verona 50
Fourth quarter looked just like Grant game. SK gets a slightest of leads and decides to hold the ball back in the zone. Coach Trame tried the opposite strategy; instead of holding his team back in the zone; he instantly went to man. SK scored within seconds of Walton going to man defense. Although part of the tossing; I will say that the WV Coach's move of running and "bumping" the referee did break up the SK fastbreak. As soon as there was contact, the whistle was blown. My friend I was with said that they should have allowed the play to continue but I don't think refs had choice. However, those 2 points could have been valuable. I put "bumping" in quotes because I heard the referee say he bumped me. If an ejection is an automatic 3 games, I wouldn't be surprised if his act cost him even more games. Sorry, whether he was standing up for his players or whatever, coach has no business doing what he did by running on court whether or not the bump was intentional or not; dude just lost it. Unfortunate for Bearcats.
-
No Ky Coaches Poll - Week #1
5 votes in the poll...doesn't mean a whole lot to me. You could get better poll results from just asking Panda and Clyde.
-
Simon Kenton 43 Notre Dame 40
I agree bballcoach; officiating seemed alright. I certainly didn't see anything atrocious as described earlier. The reaction from the stands certainly didn't match the officiated game I watched, especially after the game. The call I believe you are referencing involved NDA bench wanting a foul on a 3 point shot. I had a decent view of the call and I think the problem was determining whether or not the girl was in the act of shooting. If a foul does get called, then the SK bench is going nuts. Overall, I still think it was a decently called game; what you expect when two teams were working as hard as they were on defense. The game itself; I really didn't expect it to be as close as it was based on early results of both teams. SK struggled to convert shots they should have made. Stallman shot unbelievably well; seemed to get open looks from SK D so I'm not sure why she didn't get even more shots. Hellmann scored easily on Niece in post. Nice move by SK putting Bosse on Hellmann when she scored several buckets from the post in the third. Fun game to watch; NDA with several more tough games during the month; may struggle for their first win.
-
Simon Kenton/Mason County Predictions 12/5
Mason County opens their season at home tonight while SK bounces back from a disappointing first game loss to Holy Cross. How does this one shape up. Does Mason County happen to broadcast games on internet?