No Ky Coaches Poll - Week #1

Surprise for me is that Notre Dame not ranked in top 10. Polls don't mean anything but can anyone recall last time ND not ranked in local top 10 poll? Wow.

I have no idea. Just a quick look showed they were 18-14 in 09-10 season, but that is by far their worst record over the 8-10 years I went back and I doubt that record knocked them out of the top 10 anytime then.

They are not in the top now because of their start. I'm not buying it though. IMO, I'd be very surprised is they don't figure it out. Too many athletes on that team. It may take awhile after losing their leaders from last year. After this year, it may thin out a little. But I'm not believing this ND team is not a top 10 or even 5-6 team. But I was wrong one other time!

RCC, spoken like a person who witnessed what a struggling NDA team with a close to .500 record and no quality wins did to Highlands this past January in Ft. Thomas. I think that Highlands - NDA game is going to be a great one and might be the coming out party for a revitalized Panda group. That being said, may be a rough December.

Also, NCC doesn't stay in the top 4 for long.

RCC, spoken like a person who witnessed what a struggling NDA team with a close to .500 record and no quality wins did to Highlands this past January in Ft. Thomas. I think that Highlands - NDA game is going to be a great one and might be the coming out party for a revitalized Panda group. That being said, may be a rough December.

Also, NCC doesn't stay in the top 4 for long.

Yes! I've seen the "possum" team before!

Surprise for me is that Notre Dame not ranked in top 10. Polls don't mean anything but can anyone recall last time ND not ranked in local top 10 poll? Wow.

0-3 will do that to you.

Doesn't really surprise me that NDA is struggling a little. Saw the talent coming into NDA several years ago and knew that unless they got some transfers or an influx of public school talent that they would take a step down. Not to say that they aren't going to turn it around because I'm sure they will- they have hard working kids and coaches- but I don't think they will be as good as last year.

KY Girls Basketball - Week 1

1. Holy Cross ( 4 ) 48

2. Highlands ( 1 ) 45

3. Holmes 40

4. Newport Catholic 27

5. Dixie Heights 25

6. Boone Co 24

7. Simon Kenton 19

8. Scott 15

9. St. Henry 10

10. Cooper 6

10. Ryle 6

Others: Notre Dame 4, Brossart 3, Conner 3

A little surprised Dixie polled higher than Scott as the comparable game between them (Bourbon Co.) saw Dixie win by a couple and allow Sims to rack up 30. Scott held Sims to 7pts. and won by 30.

5 votes in the poll...doesn't mean a whole lot to me. You could get better poll results from just asking Panda and Clyde.

Very kind of you but my girls b-ball knowledge is not what you give me credit for. There are about 2 girls games I might attend this year.