Simon Kenton 59 Christian Academy-Louisville 58

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spill it?

I was not at this game and only have 3rd party accounts. CAL shot a lot more free throws than SK who also had multiple players foul out. Ironically, the winning point was scored on a free throw by Megan Buckner with about 2 seconds left.

I was not at this game and only have 3rd party accounts. CAL shot a lot more free throws than SK who also had multiple players foul out. Ironically, the winning point was scored on a free throw by Megan Buckner with about 2 seconds left.

This does not surprise me. SK plays physical defense. Also, they are not always the most discipline on defense when it comes to hands, reaches and over the backs (pushes). When/if they have a game where stuff is called like it is supposed to be, foul outs and giving the other teams free throws will be an issue for them.

Someone is going to think I am being negative, but I am not. It is always one of the possible consequences to how they play defense.

This does not surprise me. SK plays physical defense. Also, they are not always the most discipline on defense when it comes to hands, reaches and over the backs (pushes). When/if they have a game where stuff is called like it is supposed to be, foul outs and giving the other teams free throws will be an issue for them.

Someone is going to think I am being negative, but I am not. It is always one of the possible consequences to how they play defense.

In their first six games, mostly with 8th region officiating, SK has drawn many more fouls than their opponents. The pattern of this game was reversed. For some reason, the officiating crew was mixed with one 8th region official and two out of region officials. My understanding is that the 8th region official on the crew apologized to Coach Stowers for the quality of officiating in that game. Can't get a stronger statement than that.!

I agree. They are known for physical defense. It is what it is. Nothing wrong with it at all. I actually teach it and prefer it! But when officials call it close, it hurts teams like that. NCC and ND both play the same way. When it's not called, it's great. When it's called, those teams have to adapt. Again, I like it. So no negative here. Just have to pull back a little when you have officials that are going to call it. Honestly, we put SK at the end of the season because we want to play a physical team to prepare us for the regional run.

" My understanding is that the 8th region official on the crew apologized to Coach Stowers for the quality of officiating in that game. Can't get a stronger statement than that.! "

I got that wrong as well. It was a parent that said they almost got them selves thrown out due to the the way the game was called and he The parent apologized to Stowers ! Wow guess I should go to the game now that I am no longer sick and out of bed!! Maybe I will get this correct!!!