Simon Kenton 59 Christian Academy-Louisville 58

In their first six games, mostly with 8th region officiating, SK has drawn many more fouls than their opponents. The pattern of this game was reversed. For some reason, the officiating crew was mixed with one 8th region official and two out of region officials. My understanding is that the 8th region official on the crew apologized to Coach Stowers for the quality of officiating in that game. Can't get a stronger statement than that.!

The entire crew was 8th region and the assigning secretary was there evaluating the game. There were definitely too many whistles in the second half but SK got the benefit of the call with 2 seconds left as she probably didn't get fouled IMO. Good win for SK as they keep it rolling. Good teams find a way.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire crew was 8th region and the assigning secretary was there evaluating the game. There were definitely too many whistles in the second half but SK got the benefit of the call with 2 seconds left as she probably didn't get fouled IMO. Good win for SK as they keep it rolling. Good teams find a way.

Thank You!

Maybe they should have come to Lexington and actually played the top teams in the state this weekend if they think they can play with them.

They tried getting into that tournament but it was full. They will be back in it next year I'm sure they have already told coach true to put them back in the tournament.

Guest Scotty2hotty

Nothing worse than a parent showing there true colors at a girls high school basketball game. Sometimes watching the parents is more entertaining than the game!

I agree. They are known for physical defense. It is what it is. Nothing wrong with it at all. I actually teach it and prefer it! But when officials call it close, it hurts teams like that. NCC and ND both play the same way. When it's not called, it's great. When it's called, those teams have to adapt. Again, I like it. So no negative here. Just have to pull back a little when you have officials that are going to call it. Honestly, we put SK at the end of the season because we want to play a physical team to prepare us for the regional run.

It has been a while since the Birds beat SK.

I think the Lady Pioneers have a great shot of winning state.

After watching the teams at the republic bank tournament at Lexington Catholic and having seen SK play this year there are multiple teams that are on a whole different level then SK not knocking the pioneers but nowhere near as good as the E-towns and/or Ashlands.

I think the Lady Pioneers have a great shot of winning state.

Notice he didn't say what year. I think they will in 2016 and 17. Sophomore and freshman classes are stacked. I don't think it happens this year but SK may be able to taste state.

Notice he didn't say what year. I think they will in 2016 and 17. Sophomore and freshman classes are stacked. I don't think it happens this year but SK may be able to taste state.

If state championships were won equal to every time I have heard about a "stacked" or loaded class, then we should all get in the trophy making business. Just about everyone is going to be a state champ.