Simon Kenton 43 Notre Dame 40

I heard NDA just dominated SK jv especially in second half and heard in V game it was attroucous officiating.

Sounds like the perspective of a NDA supporter. SK missed a lot of chippies off of turnovers. Should have been a double digit win. JV game close until late. Good luck to NDA moving forward.

From the looks of it, the JV team was in it the entire game, just couldn't finish. NDA has a good JV team and SK just couldn't do what they needed to do to put them away. There was some horrendous officiating in the JV game and it looked like the SK JV coach got a warning of some sort towards the end. Both teams were pretty evenly matched in my opinion. The 10 point loss came in the last few minutes because of free throws and a couple late baskets.

The varsity officiating seemed to be alright. Nothing too glaring until that last call at the end of the game.

I agree bballcoach; officiating seemed alright. I certainly didn't see anything atrocious as described earlier. The reaction from the stands certainly didn't match the officiated game I watched, especially after the game. The call I believe you are referencing involved NDA bench wanting a foul on a 3 point shot. I had a decent view of the call and I think the problem was determining whether or not the girl was in the act of shooting. If a foul does get called, then the SK bench is going nuts. Overall, I still think it was a decently called game; what you expect when two teams were working as hard as they were on defense.

The game itself; I really didn't expect it to be as close as it was based on early results of both teams. SK struggled to convert shots they should have made. Stallman shot unbelievably well; seemed to get open looks from SK D so I'm not sure why she didn't get even more shots. Hellmann scored easily on Niece in post. Nice move by SK putting Bosse on Hellmann when she scored several buckets from the post in the third.

Fun game to watch; NDA with several more tough games during the month; may struggle for their first win.