Everything posted by JDEaston
-
BGP QOTD: What is your favorite poor person meal?
I feel like Ramen is a clear winner. It's essentially some really good noodles then you add whatever you wish to it. It's harvest season and while I don't have a garden I do have some friends and neighbors that do. So this year habaneros are doing well apparently and I've been putting them in Ramen different ways. You can cut them in half and let them boil with the water and noodles, throw the core and seeds in as well, when you drain the water the seeds will stick to the noodles, which adds a nice flavor in the long run. Then add whatever else ya want. My favorite way lately to cook ramen though, is to precook the noodles then transfer to a wok and add whatever else ya want and stir fry it with whatever vegetables and protein you want, as well as whatever sauce that would pair with it. So many things you can do with a pack or Ramen noodles if you have other things to add to it. That said, the noodles are high in sodium and my doctor says they're bad for me and anyone else in general. I'm still gonna eat them though..
-
Frederick Douglass vs. Archbishop Hoban (OH) 8/19 Predictions/Updates
I told ya I'd be back soon enough @theguru.
-
Ashland 89 Russell 65 (16th Region Semifinal)
Playing them during the regular season probably would have helped Russell learn a little more about Ashland's offense and how to defend it.
-
Russell 71 Fleming County 60 (16th Region Quarterfinals)
So Russell is gonna play the game against Ashland? That was a short boycott.
-
BluegrassPreps.com 16th Region Boys Basketball Preview
I'm back!
-
BluegrassPreps.com 16th Region Boys Basketball Preview
Bonner will do just fine and I believe Jarred Pricket is still on the staff. I hate that coach Mays is gone but he will land back on his feet and the Ashland program will still do well this season.
-
Russell vs. Raceland series Canceled for now
Everyone knew Raceland was building a championship caliber team that could challenge or win against the larger schools in their area as well for years. Now it's like it hit them right in the face unexpectedly. Grow up and get better, losing to Raceland this season isn't a terrible thing, nor will it be next season, they will beat most everyone on their schedule, if not everyone. But don't cancel a long standing series over losing a game. Use that game as a building experience going forward this season against everyone else on the schedule, next season as well, regardless of what the outcome of that game may be. Playing good teams makes you're own team better, don't schedule down or cancel a series just because you're "salty." Get better and win, don't just take your ball and go home.
-
Ashland 91 Huntington (WV) 51
Ashland is getting there. They're as good as anyone when healthy and super fun to watch.
-
Open Job: Ashland
Phelps is who I'm hearing as a replacement. Was told that coach Tacket turned it down.
-
Ashland vs Huntington Prep scrimmage
I see you Ashland. ?
-
Highlands vs. Ashland Predictions/Updates (Sweet 16® Semifinal)
I believe Porter is fine. He took a beating in that game but he's a gamer and the incident everyone is referring to was a cramp.
-
Ashland vs. Boyle County Predictions/Updates (Sweet 16® Quarterfinals)
These Tomcats play defense as well. That always gets overlooked it seems.
-
Ashland 89 Robertson County 68
The Tomcats are starting to gel.
-
Rankings (1/11) Discussion Thread
Ashland likely isn't a top 20 team at the moment but I do believe that they will get there and be in the hunt come tournament time. The offense and ball movement just isn't there yet, but I expected that to be the case early in the season.
-
Ashland 54 Boyd County 52 (OT)
After Ashland picked up Marcum everyone thought I was crazy when I said Ashland may actually regress a bit to start the season. They will be fine once the new offense gels though.
-
Ashland at Highlands Predictions/Updates
What a great match up to start the season. Ashland returns a lot and picked up a couple of nice additions, but it may take some time for them to come together due to having a legitimate big man which will likely change their style of play a little. I feel like this one is a toss up this early in the season but ill take Ashland due to their scrappy defense and ability to hit clutch shots. It will be interesting to see how coach Mays integrates Marcum into the offense. He is enough of a threat in the post that the inside/out game could open up some good looks from long range for the Ashland guards. Side note: The Maroon/White scrimmage is tonight at 7pm on MyTownTV.
-
Preseason State Rankings
Its gonna be difficult to rank teams throughout this entire season, in my opinion, especially in the preseason.
-
Ashland 10 Russell 7
Ashland needed a close game to put things back into perspective. Defense wins championships and this group of Tomcats knows defense.
-
KHSAA shuts down KY High School Football Playoffs until Further Notice - Playoff Brackets Posted 11-13-20
Right.. Which isn't possible. So for the millionth time we're just gonna have to deal with it and accept that its not going to just go away.
-
Mask or No Mask
So I did my own experiment today to try to find a real purpose for the masks. For anyone that doesn't know, a good friend of mine and myself run a lawncare/landscaping business. Some customers want their leafs hauled off others prefer to just have us to mulch them up. Mulching them makes a dusty environment if they are dry, today they were so I wore my covid mask on one of the jobs. To put it bluntly it did not work, at all. When I got home to shower I had to clean the leaf dust out of my nose just like I had to last year without wearing a mask. You can see the leaf dust floating around in the air while we are mulching, so its certainly not as fine of a particle as this virus is. Yet its being pounded in my head that the masks work? Yeah I'm not following along with that if they don't keep leaf dust out of my nose.
-
KHSAA shuts down KY High School Football Playoffs until Further Notice - Playoff Brackets Posted 11-13-20
I for one don't think anything will be played going forward. If we don't change the mindset that covid goes away by shutting things down then I doubt the kids will finish this school year in person either. Its not gonna just decide to go away one day, it'll be around for the rest of our lives.
-
Who needs a game on November 6?
Also I think JC is one of the red counties I believe. I couldn't see that as a probable match up.
-
Who needs a game on November 6?
Ashland is willing to play even if they have to travel again. Someone give them a game.
-
Mask or No Mask
You know I'm not a mask guy, id rather build and keep my immune system strong. Just recently the numbers in my area spiked, yet masks have been being worn for how many months now? Makes one wonder if the numbers are going up due to weakening immune systems from wearing masks religiously. I personally know someone that developed pneumonia and the doctor told her it was likely from constantly wearing the mask and not changing it often enough. I will say that I was surprised of lack of masks being worn in certain places during a trip to Cincinnati this weekend though. From a lot of what I've read on here and given the Norrthern Kentucky base that are members of this forum I expected to see masks everywhere. Jungle Jim's was the only place we visited that I would say over 90% of people were wearing masks. I won't name the others because I don't want them to get in trouble if they're supposed to be enforcing it, but one of them I'd say less than 20% of people were wearing masks unless in crowded areas.
-
Ashland 35 Bell County 0
Yeah, its not gonna happen. I believe the plan is to try and work something out for this coming Saturday with Pikeville, then West Carter the week after. Hopefully it plays out and would give each of those teams a good game prior to the playoffs.