Everything posted by Deep 3 pointer
-
Montgomery County @ Paris (seed game)
Davy Stanley. He missed three games I think. Hurt his ankle I believe. Old Bulldog, hard to call them good. They are 1 and 7
-
Who are the best freshmen in KY?
Ive seen Augusta this year. I don't remember a kid named Bach. I saw the Fraysure kid. He is a nice player. i believe he is a senior. Everyone else on that team, maybe with the exception of the big guy that could jump, wouldn't be able to play on most freshman/JV teams.
-
Who are the best freshmen in KY?
Brandon Knight
-
Montgomery County @ Paris (seed game)
Paris gets their second best player back tonight from an injury. Paris is dangerous. They have led in all of their games in the second half except two. They have two players that could win a lot of games on their own. If any of the others show up, Touch the Line is right...they are dangerous. I'm calling Montgomery 68 Paris 61.
-
10th Region top players thus far
:laugh: Robbie Stenzel is decent but he's a household name and that is why everyone thinks he's so good. Please watch the Cardinals play and tell me if you can find a best player. As for Kellen Smith, that is an awful bold statement. I think I'll start a thread about him and get the opinion of NKY. The southern Tenth Region never get to see these kids play.
-
10th Region top players thus far
Gold Sunrise, you see every single Clark County game. I'm glad to see somone giving Jaylen his props. I find it hard it to believe that more people don't think he's the best player on the team. Ive seen them play four times this year. He is so impressive. By far the best leaper on the team. He is an excellent shooter. (I would love to get his three pointer stats on the year compared to R. Stenzel). Numbers on this team don't matter. There is a different leading scorer every night. Its hard to go by PPG when it comes to evaluating Clark County. I totally agree with Gold Sunrise that he would be a star on all other teams, but I'm going to INCLUDE Mason County. Based on College potential, Jaylen Daniel is the best player in the Region. By the way, I'm not a die hard Cardinal. I'm going out on a limb and say that Travis Purvis would average 15+ on any other team.
-
Bourbon County / Paris Predictions 12-16
These two winless teams will play Thursday. I'm going with Paris by 8 points. Paris has the better players. One of these teams will get a much needed win.
-
George Rogers Clark 81 Paris 22
Clark County is on a whole other planet from Paris. Paris is athletic but poor shooters and ballhandlers. They need some "polishing up."
-
Montgomery County / Bourbon County predictions
Montgomery by 30 plus. Bourbon might be the worst team in the 10th region.
-
George Rogers Clark vs Paris predictions 12/14/10
If Terrence Jones was added to the Paris roster today, I'm not sure they win the game. Paris hangs around for a half and gets blown out late. 30 plus.
-
Model 87 Powell County 74
Is Preston LeMaster, former Kentucky player, helping out Powell County this year? What's his ties there?
-
Which Coaches Whine the Most?
Billy Hicks, Jim Bob Hicks, Jay Bordas. Did I mention Billy Hicks would be on there?
-
Montgomery County 75 Paris 42
Paris starts 3 seniors and two juniors. However, a parent told me that the JV and Freshman teams were mostly middle schoolers. Anyway, I was at this game last night and it was an absolute slaughter. I stand corrected for predicting a close game. Paris was much better until last night. I hope they can bounce back. Montgomery is a tough team when they shoot the ball well.
-
Paris vs Montgomery County predictions (12/7)
I wouldn't be so quick to say "by a bunch." The last time the two met it was a seven point game in which Paris was up by 1 at halftime. Paris is definitely the more improved team between the two. I believe they are 0-2 but have lost both games in the final 30 seconds. Im usually less than pescimistic about Paris, but I believe they have a nice team team this year.
-
Frankfort 79 Paris 75
From what I saw the other night, Paris has to be the second best team in that district. They obviously can't compete with Clark County yet, but will certainly give Montgomery everything they want. Frankfort will win some games too. They will be better than Western Hills and Franklin County.
-
Frankfort 79 Paris 75
Nice road win for Frankfort against a much, much improved Paris team. The game traded leads numerous times and was a two point game under 45 seconds. Both teams appeared to be short handed with a player in street clothes. Paris has an extremely big, athletic kid that I had never heard of...Aaron Jacobs. Herald Leader said he had 30 and 16. Is he new?
-
Woodford Co. 78 Bourbon Co 46
This could have been much uglier. Hundley was a gentleman and only played his starters about 50% of the game. I really liked the big kid in the middle for Woodford. #2 for Bourbon is a decent player.
-
Boys 10th Region CJ Coaches choice of teams and players
Montgomery being ranked fourth is pretty strong. They lost some key players. I know they return Prewitt, but don't have much to go with him. I totally agree with Daniels being on the list. I'm the guy who said he was the number one player in the region. Not sure about Giliispie being added to the list. Not sure he is even the best player on his team.
-
Letcher Central, Paris High School, and Shelby Valley Tri-Scrimmage
Here is what I found out from the infamous Puck (stat man) at Paris. Shelby Valley was down obviously from last year. They did have a 6'10" Freshman that is a big presence. Score was wiped after every 10 minutes. Letcher Central beat Shelby Valley every quarter. Paris and Shelby Valley tied two of the three segments they played. Letcher Central is very big and athletic. They returned everything. Johnson and Ballou are very strong, athletic players. They will win a lot of games this year. They were better than Shelby Valley, but lost to Paris in all segments except one. They said Paris was the biggest surprise. I hope this is true. It's been a while. They have two very good players in Jacobs and Stanley. I've had more than one person tell me that Jacobs is the most underrated player in the state. He's about 6'7" and I do know that he made the All-Star team at Blue Chip camp as a sophomore. Hope this helps.
-
Letcher Central, Paris High School, and Shelby Valley Tri-Scrimmage
Any reports from our defending state champs scrimmage? These three teams played each other today in Whitesburg. Any news?
-
Bourbon County 2010/2011
Bourbon temporarily picked up a player from Paris this summer, but he was back at Paris a few weeks later. Bourbon has a good guard in Gillispie (who went to Paris originally), but I look for them to be the number 4 seed in the district once again. I hope they can have a better year, but I just don't see it. Their only hope is beating Paris and avoiding a first round district game against Clark. Bourbon has a kid that went to Paris last year named Jackson but he
-
Boys Cats Pause 10th Region preview
The player rankings are a joke. To leave Jaylen Daniels off that list is absolutely crazy, if not insane. There are also a few players that could replace a few of those guys. Strictly, in my opinion: 1. Jaylen Daniels, Clark 2. Robbie Stenzel, Clark 3. Vinny Zollo, Clark 4. Treg Setty, Mason 5. Corey Rogers, Clark 6. Omar Prewitt, Mont. 7. Neal Pawsat, Mason 8. Aaron Jacobs, Paris 9. Kyle King, Dem. 10. Travis Purvis, Clark Okay, before you erupt, here is my defense. Jaylen Daniel has enough athletic ability to put him at a bigger school than EKU or Western where his two teammates are going. Treg Setty is a good player. We saw that last year, but isn't on the same planet as the top three I mentioned. Corey Rogers is just as good as anyone in the state. If any of the Clark County kids were on another team, they would be stars. Omar Prewitt is an absolute gym rat, so it could be possible that he passed up a lot of people over the summer. Pawsat is another guy were putting on the list because of his performances last year. Aaron Jacobs is the sleeper. 6'7". He gets no mention because Paris was not good last year, but he was All-Region and made the first team All-Star team at Blue Chip camp this summer the session I worked. I guess you have to put one of the Kings on there. The Purvis kid is so underrated, but you all we'll be jawdropping when you watch him play for Clark this year. 6'7" and can stroke it.
-
Scott Hundley new coach at Woodford County
Any word on who will assist Hundley at WC?
-
Black History Month
What are some interesting topics surrounding Black athletes throughout the history Kentucky High School Basketball. I know that S.T. Roach has a very interesting story. What some other things that can be talked about with kids.
-
City of Paris
JimV is exactly right. Sure a merge athletically sounds like an incredible idea. Academically, what is the need to merge? I also agree that this is a useless conversation because we are a decade away from that unless the state mandated.