Everything posted by Deep 3 pointer
-
Interviews at Paris Start Wednesday
There is a new name in the mix. Johnny Poynter from Trimble County is interested from what I hear and he would ultimately be the best candidate. He has ties to the community as he was an assistant for Dudley Hilton when Bourbon County won the state championship in 97. He has a reputation of being one of the best defensive coaches around. For the sake of my children and other players, I think he would be a great addition to the program.
-
Interviews at Paris Start Wednesday
Gathered some information from someone who works at the school. They said a few names... Ben Fryman Clayton Brooks Bruce Jones and two other people whose names I didn't get were interviewing today.
-
Who is the Leading Candidate for these head coaching spots?
I've been hearing Scott Hundley's name a lot for the Tates Creek job.
-
Interviews at Paris Start Wednesday
Anybody know who is applying or who's the front runner? Everybody I talk to doesn't know anything yet.
-
Apollo 53 Muhlenberg North 52
Is Steve Sparks still coaching?
-
Clark Stepp a Wildcat?
Completely agree. He would not start right now as a freshman at the following schools: Cumberland, Pikeville, Berea, definitely not Georgetown, Campbellsville, Transy. I think he is a nice small school player. This is not a bashing to him by any means. HE IS GOOD, but im not sure he would start at Bryan Station right now.
-
Best 10th Region Teams since 1984 and why?
Hard for me to give these guys any credit, since I'm a former student/athlete at Paris, but...... I'm gonna throw in two Bourbon County teams. Since we are going back to 1984, how about the 1984 Bourbon County squad. State Finalists. Coach Russ Day had Jeff Royse, Wayne Mogge making great plays all through the state tournament. 1998 Bourbon County Colonels were also very good, but got upset in the regional semis (Mason Co.) Can't remember if this was coach Day or Sosby, but they had Derek Robinson, Jason Earlywine, and I believe Preston LeMaster was a young guy on that team. Three of the schools top 5 scorers of all time. We've had some really talented teams at Paris with the likes of Terrence Brooks, Alvin Sims, Clinton Sims, Chez Marks, etc. Just can't seem to get it done in the post season.
-
Clark Stepp a Wildcat?
Did I hear that Clark STepp is going to UK? Walk on or Scholarship
-
High School player who never made it to college.
Tim Perysian from Bourbon County. Star RB of the 97 state championship team. 6'1" 225. Offers from Michigan, Kentucky, Illinois, Cincy, etc etc. Went to Alaska to work on the Pipe Line. Led state in rushing as a junior. Top 5 as a senior. The guy was a beast.
-
Scotty Hopson
I've only seen hopson play once and this is a great honor. As far as comparing him to Miller, I would take Hopson first too. Ive watched Miller numerous times and Im sorry to say this, but the kid does not play hard. I have much more respect for someone who will go out and play with determination every night. Miller only plays when he has too. If god would have only blessed me with such a problem....being good enough to only try when I have too. He's got a rude awakening next year with Billy G.
-
Harrison Co. @ Bourbon Co.
The coaching staff at Bourbon County has the boys improving...Harrison may win, but it won't be by 15. I'll take the Colonels by 2 in a tight game.
-
Bourbon vs. Paris 2/9/08
One of the State's oldest rivalry's go at it again on Saturday. Any thoughts? Bourbon won by 4 the first time at home in January. This is a rivalry that used to bring 3000 people to the gym. Now, they'll be lucky to get 500. Paris has won 3 games this year and Bourbon has won 9. Should be interesting.
-
Clark Co 59 Bourbon Co 47
I'm not a fan of Bourbon County, but I am just tired of reading everywhere on BlueGrassPreps where people make excuses for the scores of games. To be honest it gets real pathetic, I'm not saying you are being like that. Teams play bad and other teams play good. Ive just heard too many excuses on every discussion and I am tired of it. Sorry if i came off rude
-
Clark Co 59 Bourbon Co 47
GRC played the same 9 or 10 players that play each and every game. So I don't want to hear people saying that they played their BENCH players most of the minutes and that is why the game was closer than the final score. The players that came off the bench were Bennett, Dini, Purvis, and the Jaylen kid. These are the same players that get good minutes every game. So i'm sorry that I am calling it like I see it, but for some of you to say they played their bench the majority of the game is not true what-so-ever.
-
Clark Co 59 Bourbon Co 47
Alot of subs played was not even close..Of course there was a little foul trouble for both teams, but Clark County's major contributors played the entire game..When the horn sounded there were 3 starters in for GRC. Game was very sloppily played, but Bourbon County had a great game plan just didn't have enough offensive weapons to win the game. Congrats to GRC on a tough district win. These two will meet again in the first round of the district at Montgomery County. Good luck to both teams.
-
10th Region Freshman
Paris has a solid freshman group from what Ive seen. Were 6-2 going into Saturday. Those only two losses were to Clark County. Maybe Im just partial being a Greyhound parent. Two of those freshman get good minutes on the varisty who is not real strong. Clark Co's Stenzel is a very good player and he's got a couple of good freshman to go with him. I hear Mason is loaded.
-
10th Region All A Discussion
- Kentucky Bank Shootout Friday Dec 14/15 Schedule
There are also two out of state teams playing at 10 pm. Dont know who- Kentucky Bank Shootout Friday Dec 14/15 Schedule
Dec 14, 2007 Bourbon County - West Jessamine - 9:00 PM Dec 15, 2007 Paris - Ludlow - 11:00 AM Rose Hill Christian - Henry Clay - 12:45 PM Montgomery County - Tates Creek - 2:30 PM Christian County - Elliott County - 5:00 PM Madison Central - Jeffersontown - 8:30 PM- Montgomery Co 81 Paris 40
Paris lost 7 seniors. Have no seniors that play this year. They have had two or three embarrassing losses this year. From what I have watched they lack scoring. Against Montgomery they started two juniors and three sophomores.- Bourbon Co. at Campbell Co.
Bourbon County's best athlete and probably their 2nd best player will be out for the week because of grades. Hopefully they can get him eligible by next week. They aren't near as strong without him.- Paris Vs. Clark Co. 12/7
???- Grant Co vs Walton Verona
Walton Verona by 8....maybe if Bob Eades was coaching!- Berea Vs Paris 11/05/08 thoughts?
Two powerhouses collide. Who wins?- Freshman Basketball Scores
Paris Frosh beat Sayre 18. PHS lost to Clark Co. in fresh opener by around 10. Was a 5 point game late. Fouls were 12-2 in the first half in favor of Clark. ~PHS Supporter - Kentucky Bank Shootout Friday Dec 14/15 Schedule