Everything posted by Deep 3 pointer
-
Coaches Retiring, Leaving, Fired, Etc.
He does do a good job. How many coaches have they had since Mike Flynn?
-
Paris 62 Augusta 59
I've been a to a majority of the games this year, this was his first technical that I know of. He didn't start a few times for disciplinary problems.
-
Paris 62 Augusta 59
I guess obviously the second guy got caught, however, he retaliated in defense after receiving a cheap shot.
-
Paris 62 Augusta 59
I was at the game Monday night against Burgin. Thomas retaliated in a fight. Both players were ejected. What's that old saying, "Second guy gets caught."
-
Can a 8th grader play middle school and varsity basketball?
There is no governing body over middle school basketball. Unless there an individual rule per the school district, there is no restriction. A 6th grader could play 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, JV, and Varsity. A lot of people think a JV player can't start varsity. Seen it at least three times this year.
-
What is the weakest region?
What is the weakest region. Obviously the two Louisville regions and the 11th region can be left out of this discussion. My personal beliefs would be... 1. 8th 2. 15th 3. 14th I guess we can base our responses on number of perennial powers in that region, as well as having someone make a push for the state title year in year out. In other words, you are starting a new basketball program and you can choose what region you have the best chance of winning. What would you choose.
-
Does Harrison have the team to compete in region?
There is a huge gap from the 3rd rank team in the region to the fourth. If I had my own power rating system such as the cantrell, I would say there is a 15 to 20 point drop after Mason/Scott
-
Coaches Retiring, Leaving, Fired, Etc.
The Lafayette faithful are starting to get restless I hear. Maybe last night's win against HC gave coach some breathing room. I still hear people are wanting a change over there. Also hearing Walton Verona up north is gonna be looking for a coach next year? I also hear that Hicks is looking to get out of Bath County. He is losing everything.
-
Coaches Retiring, Leaving, Fired, Etc.
There is already a similar thread that is about coaches retiring, but it wasn't getting many responses. So, what about coaches who are retiring, leaving, switching jobs, fired, on the hot seat. This is not intended to get the rumors flying, but to try and get a jump start on some of the changes to take place. The other thread mentioned Harrison Co and Elliot Co most likely headed for a change. Who else?
-
Coaches Retiring this Year
What coaches are retiring after this year. I know there is sometimes speculation, but which ones are actually hanging it up this year?
-
10th region Class A begins Wednesday
There was a play-in game already, however the main draw begins Wednesday at Nicholas County. I'm assuming that Brossart is the favorite. Any possible upsets? Who is the main competition for them? I think Paris and Deming play the first game tomorrow at 6:30 followed by another game at 8:00.
-
Bourbon County vs George Rogers Clark (01/06)
Gold Sunrise, I am not being critical of your comment, so don't take the following personal. I hear a lot of people say that Bourbon is in a rebuilding year. Sure, they have a new coach and are learning a new system, but as far as rebuilding with talent, that is not true at all. This is the most talent they have had in four seasons, and believe me when I say, there is nothing coming up behind this group. They have three nice players on their team right now. They graduate basically everything. Next year will be the big rebuilding year. :thumb:
-
Who will lead the tenth region in technical fouls?
As a fan of the tenth and a parent of a tenth region player, just curious as to who stays on the refs the hardest.
-
"Face of the Program"
Harrison County- Mike Rietz or Mac Whitaker Paris-Randy Reese, Eugene Puckett Bourbon County- Russ Day, Timmy Case Fleming County-Lake Kelly Nicholas County-Daniel Brown Tollesboro-Chris Harrison Mason County-Ronny Lyons Montgomery County- Bart Rison Lexington Catholic- Danny Haney Scott County- Billy Hicks Henry Clay- Sam Simpson Ben Pumphrey is a guy who put his face on a lot of programs. He is probably the face of the 10th region!
-
Intense High School Basketball rivalries
The Paris vs. Bourbon rivalry used to be one of the best around. It would be a media spotlight, with front page coverage in the herald leader as well as lead story on the news. Now, with both programs in shambles, it has turned into an average game. The two played each other a couple of weeks ago and the stands were hardly full. It is very sad to see a once rich rivalry die out. On the other hand, I think Montgomery and Clark is a great rivalry, as well as Scott County and Lexington Catholic.
-
Early Candidates for Mr. Basketball
I agree....i rank middleton around 3rd or maybe inching towards 2nd in the tenth. My original point was just saying that he's not a Mr. Baskeball candidate IMO. Last time I checked, my opinion had no bearing on the decision.
-
Early Candidates for Mr. Basketball
First of all, Stenzel is better than Middleton. Rash's numbers aren't great right now, but he might be better than Middleton. Kyle Campbell, even though he is at little bitty Nicholas County, individually might be better than Middleton. Lets not forget about Zollo either. Now as far as saying the 10th region is mediocre. I'll stand by that comment. Sure, we produced some state championships over the past decade but the region as a whole is very mediocre. Let's take out the top two teams, Mason and Clark. Then it is very mediocre. If you take the top two teams out of the 11th, 5th, 6th, and probably the 9th, then you still have plenty of 3rd rank through 6th ranked teams in those regions that would mop up the majority of the 10th region. Name one school this year in the tenth region besides Clark, Montgomery or Mason that could even make it to the 11th region tournament? Last I saw, Bourbon County was ranked 6th in the 10th region and just took a 26 point loss to Sayre(11th region powerhouse). Thats like saying that the Big 10 is as good as the SEC in football. Sure Ohio State has been to the finals a couple of times, but what Big 10 school would go 500 in the SEC? Just my opinion.
-
Early Candidates for Mr. Basketball
IMO he is not even one of the top 3 players in his "mediocre" region.
-
Kentucky Bank Classic Saturday 12/20
Usually a pretty good line up at this classic. Lots of college recruits usually playing. Anyone know who they got coming this year?
-
Paris Vs GRC 12/16
Clark should be able to name their number, but Paris is undefeated coming into this game. The scouting report is that Paris did return everything from last year and are improved, but still go to one guy alot. Once again, Clark big!
-
Bourbon County @ Montgomery County 12/16
Especially with Bourbon's big guy nursing an ankle, I'll take Indians in this one by whatever number they want to put up.
-
Paris/Sayre Final
I was told Paris won. Anyone know the score of this one or any info from the game?
-
Bourbon County/Deming
Bourbon lost on a last second three pointer. Any other info from this game?
-
George Rogers Clark 79 Ryle 66
Robbie already had a strained rotator cuff (shoulder) injury going into tonight.
-
Lee Co. Blue - White Night
Any word on how the team looks? Who do they have returning?