Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Surf Fisherman

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Surf Fisherman

  1. I mentioned the Lloyed game because it was the only time I have seen LCA play this year. Not to base anything on other than getting a feel for them.
  2. Thanks to Bluto for the info on LCA's record. After seeing LCA play at Loyd and now being aware of what they have done this year elseware, I am convinced their fate is sealed. I don't believe they have played a team yet that is anyware close to having the talent of Beechwood. They allowed almost 50 points to Corbin, Breathitt & Hazard. Granted they came back and defeated Hazard, but in the scope of things "It is what It is", their D can not deal with a team that has any kind of above average offense. Now they have to take on the best offense they have ever seen and the best D they have ever seen. On top of that, Beechwood is peaking and our team focused and angry about what transpired the last time we met. Those chants by LCA's fans and team members of "Over Rated - Over Rated" will come back to haunt them. It's just more fuel for the fire ! I look for the game to be semi-close until mid-2nd quarter. Then as LCA's D will collapse. Their bodies will be hurting from harder hitting than they have experienced to date, their minds will be racing because they they won't know where we will will hit them next, they will be confused and dazed by all of the weapons Beechwood has. By mid-3rd quarter their spirit will be broken and Beechwood will cruise to another State Title. Go Big Red !!!!
  3. Thanks, appreciate it.
  4. I would like to see a list of who LCA played this year and what the final score was in each game. I saw them play Loyd, but would like to see what else they did. I am certain of one thing though: The Beechwood Tigers are peaking and will win this game. None of them have forgotten the "Over Rated - Over Rated" chants by those people at LCA. PAY-BACK is waiting for them in Louisville. I think their D is suspect from what I saw at Loyd, but would like to see what else they did. I think we could score even more than we did at Frankfort, but I don't want to commit to that yet.
  5. Will everybody please stop talking about TRADITION and all these other things from past years. Yes, Beechwood has a great Tradition and LCA is establishing one, but stick to the topic of Beechwood vs. LCA. I am sure some of you are tired of hearing each side go back and forth about it. Just stick to the topic at hand, and that is who is going to win Friday afternoon. Beechwood 45 LCA 24
  6. I look for Frankfort's only success to be on special teams. Beechwoods line will cause so much havoc and probably turnovers in the backfield that it will keep their speedsters at bay. Look for great frustration on the part of Frankfort, leading to undisciplined squabbles among their own team mates. Besides an occasional break away run for a few extra yards, they will struggle in the red zone on the rare accasion they get that close. Beechwoods size and strength will begin to really prevail in the second half and they will pull away to victory !
  7. Did anyone ever mention to you that Beechwood had no less than 6 starters out that night with injuries. "6" We practically had our entire J.V. playing that night, the whole game. I have been hoping all year that we meet them at State. I remember the LCA fans chanting "Over rated - Over rated" ! Lets see how they do against our Varsity. P.S. Frankfort's speed won't do them much good if they can't get past our line. If they are not an outstanding passing team with very tall receivers, this will be their last game of the year.
  8. Beechwood 38 Frankfort 10
  9. Good one. :thumb: But I think that keeping everything where it is would just be fine. If you wanted to rotate the football championships every year that would be cool too, ONLY if UK got turf.
  10. Is the QB for Ludlow back or is he out for the season?
  11. That would require Dayton's best game and Beechwood's worst. But I can tell you that both teams will be extremely fired up and I know that Beechwood will not think of Dayton lightly.
  12. Going to be a close one as I am sure all of you have predicted. It's going to come down to WANT!!!
  13. What is going on with Mayfield lately?
  14. I think this game will come down to turnovers. The team with the least will win. I don't think Bankampers return will make a great deal of difference for Beechwoods offense. He can't possibly be at 100%. But where Tommy can make a huge difference is on deffense (If he plays on deffense.) Most people don't talk about his deffense ability, but he is extremely good. We have been playing without Tommy and Cody Elliott on defense for several games because of injuries.If we use them for that purpose, we are a different team. "But", If I were coach Rash, I don't think I would risk using them on D this week. The game is absolutley meaningless for our push to another State Championship.
  15. I hear Beechwood is counting this one as the 1st playoff game.
  16. I have heard some are on the "quick muscle builder" program if you know what I mean.
  17. Beechwood plays Anderson this weekend.
  18. Watch it buddy!!!:fight::fight::fight::fight::fight::fight::fight::fight::fight::fight::fight::fight::fight::fight::fight::fight::fight::fight::fight::fight::fight::fight::fight:
  19. Beechwood vs. Mayfield, I don't know much about the east, but I would figure at least LCA vs. ..... Whoever it is, I think this is going to be one exciting post season in Class A.
  20. Your right, I should have said used to have had to do anything.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.