Everything posted by Lil hound pup
-
Trimble County 40 Bracken County 0
Bracken needs to go to a JV schedule and try to build their numbers up and get some success in the program then try it again. Playing kids 15 mins out of the 8th grade at the varsity level will get you no where. You cant expect a 14 year old kid to be competetive with an 18 year old kid on Friday night. I am not taking anything away from any of the kids on this team but you cant throw 14 year old kids to the wolves and expect success. I seen the comments on BGP asking why certain 9th graders are not playing skilled positions on the Polar Bears squad. Be realistic here. Give the kids a chance to develop and they will be successful, throw them in there as freshamn beat them up every friday night by 40 points and you may not find them on the field when they are juniors and seniors. If not them pulling th eplug then their parents who was pushing for playing time as a freshman have pulled them becasue they dont want them playing for a lossing team. Bracken needs to take a look at their program and go strictly independent or JV until they get get things rolling. Not bashing them or any kids just my opinion which I have been told doesnt mean much.
-
Bishop Brossart/Walton Verona Predictions
I will take Walton on this one
-
Bracken County/Trimble County Predictions
Bracken will not win this one. Pendleton County and Ludlow games proves that. I hope im wrong becasue i would like to see them win for once but after watching the Frankort game I have to go with Trimble
-
Bracken County Job Opening
I dont think anyone is getting excited. I think the guy is saying that the middle school team has been setup right and they are building their program. They beat Mason co and Nicholas county last year and they are not dead programs. Coach Faust put those coachs down there to build that program. I think they are doing a good job.
-
Bracken County's new head coach
Brackens Middle School program isnt doing bad at all. My nephew plays for Mason co 8th grade and I seen them play Brackens MS team last year. Bracken has athletes and are well coached at that level. I think Coach Jones will have help at the lower level as long as those coachs are still there.
-
Bracken County's new head coach
According to the football people in Bracken County Coach Jones really helped Codie Breeze out in getting his deal with the University of the the Cumberlands. Its nice to see a coach come into a small school in his first year and help a kid out like this. I seen this kid play and he is a hard playing kid. I can see why Coach Jones went the extra mile with him. Good luck Coach Jones
-
Players that go to the next level
Codie Breeze from Bracken County signed on to play at the University of the Cumberlands according the the Maysville Ledger Independent
-
Class 2A: Fort Campbell 26 Newport Central Catholic 23
Talk about someone still stewing in the bitter barn. Best two teams played and the better team. No one else in 2A belonged in that game.
-
Class 2A: Fort Campbell 26 Newport Central Catholic 23
Talk about someone still stewing in the bitter barn.
-
Class 1A: Beechwood Tigers 14 Hazard Bulldogs 7
This is belated, but my computer at work doesn't have a sound card, so by the way good job to all of you keeping the thread updated. That said, one of the announcers, Gary Ball, worked in NKY announcing games from mid 80s into the 90s and he always touted NKY, so it would surprise me to hear that he was showing any bias against NKY.
-
Newport Central Catholic 26 Corbin 7
Actually, it wasn't superior defensive, it was short armed pass, because the receiver was open. Albeit, I always want to give credit where it's due. On a bootleg, the defender stayed home, and that is good defense. A main objective was to force the Hounds into 3rd and long, and make Corbin have to pass, because they definitely prefer to run, and the stats throughout the year read that way. NCC can be a two dimensional team, I'm not sure Corbin can. The kid can scramble though. The Corbin fans were very gracious, and I love the atmosphere. Every high school stadium should be set up like that. I hope that clock gets revamped that was disconcerning.
-
Newport Central Catholic 26 Corbin 7
A defense is not allowed to mimic the opposition's cadence. It was confirmed by official's call. If one of your defensive calls is "hut/hike", then shame on you. Corbin did the best to stay with a superior team. Forgotten, is that NCC threw an interception in the end zone on 1st down that makes the score 14-0, and NCC DB dropped an interception that ends the only threat the Hound posed, which the Hounds scored a few plays later. Also forgotten, NCC didn't even have to use their lethal passing game to get through this game.
-
Corbin 20 Prestonsburg 7
No one should ever sell Corbin short. The atmosphere is great for high school football, and their fans are great. Teams like Corbin and Belfry have proven they can be competitive NKY football. That said, you are sadly mistaken if you believe for a moment that NCC hasn't seen anyone as physical as Corbin. NCC's schedule is tough, and they beat 3 6A opponents(Simon Kenton is in 6A semi; NCC beat them soundly), and they beat Beechwood. NCC is very physical, and anyone who has seen them play knows it.
-
Frankfort Vs. Bracken co.
I was at the game last night and seen a totally different Bracken co team. 14 - 6 at the half was the score with Frankfort leading. The Bracken boys were holding their own on defense. They made a stand at the 4 yard line with a minute left in the half to force a turnover on downs. This is not typical Bracken co football. The final score was 43 - 18 I believe but that really doesnt show how this game was played. At the end of the third qtr it was 20 something to 12. Bracken had 3 bad deals with the roughing the kicker deal, the fumble by a sophomore on the return team on the 1 yard line and the last TD the Bears had the guy in the backfield and he slipped away. I am not sure what got into these guys or if Frankfort just had a bad night but the bears made a statement on the field last night. When Frankforts starters are doing grass drills on the field in the middle of a game that pretty much says it all. Hats off to you Polar Bears I was proud of you last night.
-
2008 Bracken County
Well if anyone can hold the middle school program together its the Bracken Middle School coaches. These guys have taken a program that was almost done and really turned it around. The kids they are moving into the high school should turn Bracken around.
-
Brossart Hires New Head Football Coach
Just wondering and I am sorry if I missed this if someone has already talked about it but where have the Ollier Boys gone since this has happened ??
-
Grant County 7 on 7 June 10th updates
How many kids does Pendleton have this year?
-
2008 Gallatin County
Do they have the same QB coming back this year or was he a senior?
-
Bishop Brossart looking for new coaches...all of them
Wasnt these guys at Bracken before going to BB??
-
Passing League AT KCU
I agree Fleming didnt look that good, I figured they would be better.
-
2008 Bracken County
Dont get me wrong I am a fan of Bracken just for the fact that they go out there and play every Friday night. Its nice to know they have seniors coming back in crucial roles. Hang in there Polar Bears your time will come.
-
2008 Bracken County
He is gone I believe.
-
2008 Bracken County
What I was attempting to say is that every year I hear that Bracken is a young team and that is why they are struggling. But last year they were senior heavy and still struggled. Does Bracken have any seniors this year???
-
2008 Bracken County
Every year Bracken is a young team when are they ever going to get to the point they have some seniors? Seems like every year they only have 4 or 5 and they rest are Freshmen, Soph and Juniors. Last year they had quite a few seniors that didnt seem to get the job done. Who do they have this year that is going to make a change for the Polar Bears??
-
Campbell Co. 71 Bracken Co. 35
Bracken seems to be the land looking for athletes in most of their male sports.