North Hardin 21 Nelson Co. 7

Jim Schue

North Hardin's Larod King catches passes for 65 yards and a score in the first half, then switches to QB after Joe French gets hurt and rushes for two second half scores. Some kind of player.

Devin Boone had 199 and a TD on the ground for Nelson Co., but couldn't get much help from the rest of the offense.

Normally, when your QB gets knocked out and a shanked punt gives the opposition a short field to work with, it's a sign of impending doom. But North Hardin really responded to the adversity to bust open what was a 7-all tie at the half. Weird turn of events.

Nelson had a 7-0 lead, too, but the Cards could not stop LaRod King.

And I'm still surprised Boone got 199. He had 111 at halftime.

Also, gotta love the boo-birds in the stands. I don't see how Coach Bruner puts up with it.

I agree. However, the offense is maddening to watch because they are so completely one-dimensional. There is a feeling that N.C.H.S. has some good receivers and a good-throwing backup quarterback and the fans want it opened up. While I am a huge Bruner fan, there is some merit to their disappointment in this case.

However, there is NEVER and excuse for boo-ing your own high school football team.

I agree. However, the offense is maddening to watch because they are so completely one-dimensional. There is a feeling that N.C.H.S. has some good receivers and a good-throwing backup quarterback and the fans want it opened up. While I am a huge Bruner fan, there is some merit to their disappointment in this case.

However, there is NEVER and excuse for boo-ing your own high school football team.

The backup has a nice arm and a nice ball. He was in for, what, one snap and then it was back to #8?