2012 NKY Freshman Invitational Tournament played at CovCath

Great job Bluebirds. I think Its funny That Holmes plays Bolden First off the bench in the VARSITY game the night before and then rolls him out in a Frosh tournament the next day. Way to send the Dogs packing Birds and congrats to Coach Rechtin.

Keep in mind this Bird Frosh team is getting it done without 3 kids That didnt play or quit and who were nice ballplayers in Hoge, Urlage and Herret.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great job Bluebirds. I think Its funny That Holmes plays Bolden First off the bench in the VARSITY game the night before and then rolls him out in a Frosh tournament the next day. Way to send the Dogs packing Birds and congrats to Coach Rechtin.

Keep in mind this Bird Frosh team is getting it done without 3 kids That didnt play or quit and who were nice ballplayers in Hoge, Urlage and Herret.

Whats that all about, does he play all 3 (fr, jv, var)?

Yes Bolden does play all 3 and I thought for the most part the Birds did a pretty good job on him. By far the best game of the tourney to date. To expound on Q's post, this group of boys played as a "team" last night with everyone contributing a little something to the game. The second half was a thing of beauty as each boy inserted into the game did something to impact the final outcome whether it was hitting an open jumper, getting a big offensive or defensive rebound, handling the pressure that Holmes applied or simply playing good sound defense. Give Holmes a lot of credit as they battled to the very end and were very classy in defeat .

Outstanding job by the HHS Coach in moving his players in and out of the game.

Could not believe that the Holmes Coach didn't use his last couple of TO to stop the clock in the last minute or seconds of the game.

The games that should be one that you won't want to miss on Monday is the Dixie vs. Boone game at 7:15pm. It should be a war....

Should be a good one. Dixie won by 1 at Boone. Boone was without their top scorer Borkowski in that game.

Yes Bolden does play all 3 and I thought for the most part the Birds did a pretty good job on him. By far the best game of the tourney to date. To expound on Q's post, this group of boys played as a "team" last night with everyone contributing a little something to the game. The second half was a thing of beauty as each boy inserted into the game did something to impact the final outcome whether it was hitting an open jumper, getting a big offensive or defensive rebound, handling the pressure that Holmes applied or simply playing good sound defense. Give Holmes a lot of credit as they battled to the very end and were very classy in defeat .

Nice to hear. How many of those boys are strictly Basketball kids JOAT? Parker Harris, Jackson Hall......?

Nice to hear. How many of those boys are strictly Basketball kids JOAT? Parker Harris, Jackson Hall......?

Hall - Basketball/Baseball

Weyer - Basketball/Football

Ball - Basketball/Baseball

Harris - Basketball/Golf

Feggins - Basketball/Football

O'Hara - Basketball/Football

Salter - Basketball/Football

Griffiths - Basketball/??????

They only have 8 and none are strictly basketball that I am aware of, but the basketball/baseball is a good combination. The key is for these kids to keep playing hoops which I think they will. The class behind them and the class in front of them may help make Highlands pretty competitive in the near future.

Simon Kenton 60 vs Conner 42

On a special note, Conners #52 Kyle Koors scored 3 points on a FG and a FT

Video of the "and 1."

https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/cfs-ak-snc6/441488/479/3211431733264_42844.mp4?oh=f8e6047bd74d2f51f234ab7b7b0e4d9e&oe=4F303100&__gda__=1328558336_db0e8c550a62f8c97e4a88e5098df24d

Coach Warfield would have been proud.

Thanks for sharing. That moment was very special. These are the great memories that this tournament produces for the freshman in the area.

The boys are back on the hardwood tonight starting at 6:00 with NCC/Ryle in the first matchup.