2012 NKY Freshman Invitational Tournament played at CovCath

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are 17 teams in this years Freshmen Regional Tourney and all games will be played at CovCath

All first round games will be played on Saturday February 4th except for Newport Central Catholic 1st round game.

NCC 1st game will be played on Monday February 6th @ 6pm vs. the winner of the St. Henry vs. Ryle game.

1st round games

Feb 4th

Upper Bracket-------

Dixie

2:45 pm vs.

Lloyd

Beechwood

4:00pm vs.

Boone County

Cooper

5:15pm vs.

Ludlow

St. Henry

11:00am vs.

Ryle

Lower Bracket---

Highlands

6:30pm vs.

Holmes

Scott

7:45pm vs.

Newport

Conner

12:15pm vs.

Simon Kenton

CovCath

1:30pm vs.

Cov Holy Cross

Note all games to be played at Covington Catholic

Top team is Home and will wear white

Admission

Adults $4.00

Students $2.00

Edited by Theoldguy

2nd Round games

-------------------

Upper Bracket

Dixie vs. Lloyd winner

vs. Monday Feb 6th 7:15pm

Beechwood vs. Boone County winner

Cooper vs. Ludlow winner

vs. Wednesday Feb 8th 6:30pm

NCC vs. St. Henry/Ryle winner

Newport Central Catholic

vs. Monday Feb 6th 6:00pm

St. Henry vs. Ryle winner

---------

Lower Brackets

Highlands vs. Holmes winner

vs. Monday Feb 6th 8:30pm

Scott vs. Newport winner

Conner vs. Simon Kenton winner

vs. Wednesday Feb 8th 7:45pm

CovCath vs. Cov Holy Cross

Note: Indeed there are three game on Monday February 6th because of the odd number of teams in this years tournament and two games on Wednesday Feb 8th.

Of interest to all: The Freshmen Regional Tournament has been played at CovCath since the early 1970's and has been an outstanding event for the players. This Tournament would never take place, without the complete cooperation between the Freshmen Coaches as they work very hard to make this Tournament an exciting event for their players and fans.

When you attend the Tournament please remember to bring your sportsmanship with you, these games are for the players, so root on these young men, no matter if they win or lose!

Note: Indeed there are three game on Monday February 6th because of the odd number of teams in this years tournament and two games on Wednesday Feb 8th.

Of interest to all: The Freshmen Regional Tournament has been played at CovCath since the early 1970's and has been an outstanding event for the players. This Tournament would never take place, without the complete cooperation between the Freshmen Coaches as they work very hard to make this Tournament an exciting event for their players and fans.

When you attend the Tournament please remember to bring your sportsmanship with you, these games are for the players, so root on these young men, no matter if they win or lose!

THANK YOU, Theoldguy, for all of your efforts to continue this great tradition!

I would be curious to see how many BGPers have played in it.

I did.

For some reason I remember our freshman region tournament being a first round game at Beechwood against Ryle when I played.

Different tournament, I assume?

When I played in this tournament you took down the streamers of the team you eliminated. Not sure this is still done.

We've got people complaining about WV girls putting championship Ts on AFTER they won the tournament. I doubt parents would like the above.

THANK YOU, Theoldguy, for all of your efforts to continue this great tradition!

Thank you for the kind words but the biggest effort comes from the Freshmen coaches themselves and Steve Fromeyer, Jim Goetz and Steve Sorrel.

I will as I did last year post the entire group of volunteers who work hard to make this event so outstanding.

Great point, I think some fans feel as though $4 gives you the right to act like a complete jerk, root hard for the kids, for a number of these kids this will be the only big tournament atmosphere they will ever experience.