2012 NKY Freshman Invitational Tournament played at CovCath

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is Bolden playing for Holmes? If so, he can be a one-man wrecking crew for the Dogs.

This question could be expanded to : Is Bolden playing for Holmes?

Is Stanley playing for Boone?

Is Neihaus playing for Dixie?

Is Robinson playing for SK?

Are Pangallo and McDonald playing for NCC?

I know that all these situations are not the same, but really what is the difference between Bolden and Stanley or Neihaus at THIS point in the season. They are all playing important minutes for their respective varsity teams. I would have no problem if all these kids would play and then we would see who has the best freshmen class in the N KY this year.

On the other hand, if all the boys mentioned above did play in the tournament there would be a lot of young men that have worked very hard and played a lot of minutes that would be relagated to the bench. For that reason, I don't think any of them should play down.

(I seem to be having a debate with myself)

This question could be expanded to : Is Bolden playing for Holmes?

Is Stanley playing for Boone?

Is Neihaus playing for Dixie?

Is Robinson playing for SK?

Are Pangallo and McDonald playing for NCC?

I know that all these situations are not the same, but really what is the difference between Bolden and Stanley or Neihaus at THIS point in the season. They are all playing important minutes for their respective varsity teams. I would have no problem if all these kids would play and then we would see who has the best freshmen class in the N KY this year.

Thanks for bringing this up. I was wondering about the same thing. My question is this: Is this a tournament for the school's freshmen team, or is it a tournament for the school's freshmen players? There is a difference, and the latter could have a big affect on how the tournament has been seeded.

Thanks for bringing this up. I was wondering about the same thing. My question is this: Is this a tournament for the school's freshmen team, or is it a tournament for the school's freshmen players? There is a difference, and the latter could have a big affect on how the tournament has been seeded.

IMO this tournament is for the freshmen teams, not the freshmen players or class. Bolden and Covington have played in a number of freshmen games for Holmes, not sure that could be said for the other young men mentioned, I know Robinson has not stepped on the floor for the SK freshmen this year, nor has McDonald for NCC. The young men who have not donned the freshmen uniform of their respective school should not be permitted to participate in this tournament, IMO.

IMO this tournament is for the freshmen teams, not the freshmen players or class. Bolden and Covington have played in a number of freshmen games for Holmes, not sure that could be said for the other young men mentioned, I know Robinson has not stepped on the floor for the SK freshmen this year, nor has McDonald for NCC. The young men who have not donned the freshmen uniform of their respective school should not be permitted to participate in this tournament, IMO.

Ultimately this is the decision of individual school, probably the varsity head coach should make the call.

I would never say that a freshmen should not be permitted to play in the freshmen tournament. All freshmen should be eligible.

Rather than use the "since he played in a freshmen game" it makes sense for them to play, I would use the "since he plays and contributes to the varsity team" it makes sense that he should not play.

There is no right or wrong answer; however, my position would be that unless the subject player is a key contributor (starter or first one or two off the bench) then I think they should have the opportunity to play in the Freshman tourney. You are only a freshman once and kids look forward to and enjoy playing with their peers. From my experience even the kids who have played Frosh ball all year want their peers moved down. It is the parents that have an issue. For the kid who has played all year on the freshman team and gets displaced by someone moving down for the tourney, they have been very fortuante to have received the PT they have to date.

There is no right or wrong answer; however, my position would be that unless the subject player is a key contributor (starter or first one or two off the bench) then I think they should have the opportunity to play in the Freshman tourney. You are only a freshman once and kids look forward to and enjoy playing with their peers. From my experience even the kids who have played Frosh ball all year want their peers moved down. It is the parents that have an issue. For the kid who has played all year on the freshman team and gets displaced by someone moving down for the tourney, they have been very fortuante to have received the PT they have to date.

IMO it's for the frosh team. If a frosh has played JV all year (ie Stanley at Boone) then he should not play in the frosh tourney. That's not for the tourney to decide. That's for each school.

IMO it's for the frosh team. If a frosh has played JV all year (ie Stanley at Boone) then he should not play in the frosh tourney. That's not for the tourney to decide. That's for each school.

Certainly one way to look at it. Again, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer, but my guess is that the Stanley kid would enjoy playing with his peers and his peers would enjoy having him.

Certainly one way to look at it. Again, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer, but my guess is that the Stanley kid would enjoy playing with his peers and his peers would enjoy having him.

His peers other than the one who has to now sit because he is there.

I say you ride with the boys that you've had all season. If that's not good enough so be it.

Simon Kenton 60 vs Conner 42

Box Score:

Simon Kenton: 14-22-15-9=60

Conner: 4-11-9-18= 42

Simon Kenton Top Scorers

#3 Racke 9

#10 Deaton 9

#30 Heflin 8

#31 Mullins 8

Conner Top Scorers

#12 Barnes 10

#10 Lainhart 8