Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can One Root for Two Teams in the Same Conference?

Featured Replies

I saw a guy wearing a UK hat and an Arkansas sweatshirt.

 

I root for two teams - UK and X - but could never root for two in the same conference.

 

Doesn't feel right.

Got a buddy who chears for UK and Duke. Never made sense to me.

 

I have a team for each conference it seems, but the only team I truly cheer for is UK.

 

Same conference...just seems weird.

I root for Florida State and Duke but I root for Duke basketball more than FSU basketball and FSU football more than Duke football. I root for both schools in all sports though. If you grow up in KY and graduate from Bama like my little sister did then that makes sense also to root for both. I guess it just depends on that person's passion for the school and their athletic programs.

Got a buddy who chears for UK and Duke. Never made sense to me.

 

Quite the odd pairing of teams there. But to each his own, I suppose.

I saw a guy wearing a UK hat and an Arkansas sweatshirt.

 

I root for two teams - UK and X - but could never root for two in the same conference.

 

Doesn't feel right.

 

That would be weird. But maybe he has a kid or something that attends the other school, so he has to support the other school too.

Kind of like Peyton and Eli Manning attending 2 different sec schools, their family is probably conflicted.

I can pull for UK/U of L except when we play them. I live here, and want them to do well. I have a bunch of UK stuff and some caps/shirts. Taking Mama to see the Cards in their Bowl Game. She is a Cards fans and its only fair. Look for me and my son wearing Bama stuff.

I have a bigger problem with 'I root for UK basketball and ______ football'. That is my #1 pet peeve!

I have a bigger problem with 'I root for UK basketball and ______ football'. That is my #1 pet peeve!

 

You'd be peeved at me then! I'm a Florida State football fan. Have been since I was 8. I will root for UK in football, but I'm not all in with them.

I root for only UK if Basketball. In Football I root for UK #1 but also root for several other teams including teams inside and out of the SEC.

I have a bigger problem with 'I root for UK basketball and ______ football'. That is my #1 pet peeve!

 

There is a lot of that. It speaks more for the level of UK football.

I love UK basketball and cheer for UK football no matter what, but I'm also a realist so I cheer for other football teams cause UK is usually awful.

I saw a guy wearing a UK hat and an Arkansas sweatshirt.

 

I root for two teams - UK and X - but could never root for two in the same conference.

 

Doesn't feel right.

 

Only time I would think its truely acceptable to cheer for both would be

Only time I would think its truely acceptable to cheer for both would be

 

I hate that I can't edit from my cell phone. But what I was trying to say is that I think its only acceptable if you or your kids went to one but you've been a long time fan of another. At least as far as owning clothing. IMO you can be a fan of any team on any day if you have reason.

I just remembered...when Chris Lofton was @ Tennessee, I followed them and rooted for them when they weren't playing UK. Don't know if that counts.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.