November 25, 201114 yr You can play aggressive and smart, he plays stupid and dirty. He just went over the rules Goodell and then pulls this idiotic move. Habib is right, he's a liability for the NFL. 100% agree- he was stupid and dirty yesterday. When he is a free agent, I want the Jets or Giants to back the truck up to his door and offer him what it takes to play in New York. He is a great player that plays with an edge- Night Train Lane, Dick Butkus, Jack Lambert, Lawrence Taylor, Jack Tatum; the history of the NFL is littered with guys that played this way. Reckless, stupid, idiotic, dirty, filthy- all those adjectives apply. He is still the best interior lineman in the league on defense, IMO. Haynesworth got five games for stomping on Andre Gurode and opening up a gash that required 30 stitches to close. Based on this, I can't see the NFL going more than two games with a suspension. I think he will get a game and $25,000 fine.
November 25, 201114 yr He's a liability for the NFL. Someone is going to get hurt eventually. His comments after the game were shameful and delusional. He needs to be kept off the field until he gets straightened out. I think Schwartz is part of the problem too. He's an enabler at the least. This.
November 25, 201114 yr You don't help your team when you get thrown out of the game. I said 5 games and hope its at least that, this isn't his first visit with Roger. I wonder what was going thru his mind, did he not expect to get thrown out? Maybe he had no courage and didn't want to get shown up by the Packers. As for the guy who got stomped on, he wanted to stay and help his team win, thats what he gets paid to do, and by just walking away, thats what he did. On all the radio shows he is getting down the road, and he should. I rememeber Vick when he did it to a U of L player.
November 25, 201114 yr Not only his actions, but his lack of remorse may cost him and his team dearly for the rest of his career. He was tagged a dirty player long before this incident. Like mama said, it's hard to shake a reputation. Refs will be zeroed in on him every play.
November 25, 201114 yr You don't help your team when you get thrown out of the game. I said 5 games and hope its at least that, this isn't his first visit with Roger. I wonder what was going thru his mind, did he not expect to get thrown out? Maybe he had no courage and didn't want to get shown up by the Packers. As for the guy who got stomped on, he wanted to stay and help his team win, thats what he gets paid to do, and by just walking away, thats what he did. On all the radio shows he is getting down the road, and he should. I rememeber Vick when he did it to a U of L player. Specifically, Elvis Dumervil.
November 25, 201114 yr Author 100% agree- he was stupid and dirty yesterday. When he is a free agent, I want the Jets or Giants to back the truck up to his door and offer him what it takes to play in New York. He is a great player that plays with an edge- Night Train Lane, Dick Butkus, Jack Lambert, Lawrence Taylor, Jack Tatum; the history of the NFL is littered with guys that played this way. Reckless, stupid, idiotic, dirty, filthy- all those adjectives apply. He is still the best interior lineman in the league on defense, IMO. Haynesworth got five games for stomping on Andre Gurode and opening up a gash that required 30 stitches to close. Based on this, I can't see the NFL going more than two games with a suspension. I think he will get a game and $25,000 fine. This isn't the fifties, sixties or seventies. It's 2011, you can't get by with that stuff anymore. Like Habib said, he's a liability for the NFL. A strong message needs to be sent. I'm all for aggressive, mean, enthusiastic, intense, tenacious game play. I'm not for reckless, stupid, idiotic, dirty or filthy. There's a huge difference.
November 25, 201114 yr I wouldn't be happy if my team "backed up the truck" for the best interior lineman in the league if he can't stay in a game because he's a punk.
November 25, 201114 yr This isn't the fifties, sixties or seventies. It's 2011, you can't get by with that stuff anymore. Like Habib said, he's a liability for the NFL. A strong message needs to be sent. I'm all for aggressive, mean, enthusiastic, intense, tenacious game play. I'm not for reckless, stupid, idiotic, dirty or filthy. There's a huge difference. 100% disagree- there is not a huge difference between reckless and aggressive. There is not a huge difference between tenacious and dirty. Sometimes the only difference is the ref throwing the flag- it is a very subjective distinction. Ask Jeff Fisher if Cortland Finnegan is dirty- then ask Andre Johnson. Ask Mike Tomlin or Bill Cowher if Hines Ward is dirty- then ask Keith Rivers. Ask Bill Parcells or Tony Sparano if Richie Incognito is dirty- then ask any DT in the AFC East. Even the vaunted Ray Lewis has his detractors that will tell you that he head hunts- ask a Steeler. I am not trying to defend Suh- what he did yesterday was dirty. He is not the first guy that I have seen kick at, swing at, punch, stomp, push or whatever. He is one of the many NFL players that allowed his emotions to get the best of him and do something dumb on the field. Fine him and suspend him and then move on to the next one. I am more disappointed in the fact that he didn't show some sort of remorse than the action itself. Again, I do not hold it against him that he doesn't show remorse- that is all a part of the attitude that has made him into the great player that he is.
November 25, 201114 yr I wouldn't be happy if my team "backed up the truck" for the best interior lineman in the league if he can't stay in a game because he's a punk. Okay- I'll take Suh and you can have a DT that hands out flowers at the church picnic on Sunday. j/k- I do not think Suh will ever put himself in this situation again, but I love that he plays with the type of edge that I can't guarantee that it won't happen (if that makes any sense).
November 25, 201114 yr 100% disagree- there is not a huge difference between reckless and aggressive. There is not a huge difference between tenacious and dirty. Sometimes the only difference is the ref throwing the flag- it is a very subjective distinction. Ask Jeff Fisher if Cortland Finnegan is dirty- then ask Andre Johnson. Ask Mike Tomlin or Bill Cowher if Hines Ward is dirty- then ask Keith Rivers. Ask Bill Parcells or Tony Sparano if Richie Incognito is dirty- then ask any DT in the AFC East. Even the vaunted Ray Lewis has his detractors that will tell you that he head hunts- ask a Steeler. I am not trying to defend Suh- what he did yesterday was dirty. He is not the first guy that I have seen kick at, swing at, punch, stomp, push or whatever. He is one of the many NFL players that allowed his emotions to get the best of him and do something dumb on the field. Fine him and suspend him and then move on to the next one. I am more disappointed in the fact that he didn't show some sort of remorse than the action itself. Again, I do not hold it against him that he doesn't show remorse- that is all a part of the attitude that has made him into the great player that he is. Okay- I'll take Suh and you can have a DT that hands out flowers at the church picnic on Sunday. j/k- I do not think Suh will ever put himself in this situation again, but I love that he plays with the type of edge that I can't guarantee that it won't happen (if that makes any sense). :thumb::thumb::thumb:
November 25, 201114 yr Just saw the replay, he stomped at the Packer, he had his balance. Give him 5 games. 5 game supension would be just.
November 25, 201114 yr Author 100% disagree- there is not a huge difference between reckless and aggressive. There is not a huge difference between tenacious and dirty. Sometimes the only difference is the ref throwing the flag- it is a very subjective distinction. Ask Jeff Fisher if Cortland Finnegan is dirty- then ask Andre Johnson. Ask Mike Tomlin or Bill Cowher if Hines Ward is dirty- then ask Keith Rivers. Ask Bill Parcells or Tony Sparano if Richie Incognito is dirty- then ask any DT in the AFC East. Even the vaunted Ray Lewis has his detractors that will tell you that he head hunts- ask a Steeler. I am not trying to defend Suh- what he did yesterday was dirty. He is not the first guy that I have seen kick at, swing at, punch, stomp, push or whatever. He is one of the many NFL players that allowed his emotions to get the best of him and do something dumb on the field. Fine him and suspend him and then move on to the next one. I am more disappointed in the fact that he didn't show some sort of remorse than the action itself. Again, I do not hold it against him that he doesn't show remorse- that is all a part of the attitude that has made him into the great player that he is. Fine, even if it's not a huge difference it's crystal clear that he doesn't understand where the fine line is and you're missing the bigger picture here. Suh has now showed that he has a problem. Look at all the personal fouls he already has, all the fines. A personal foul is one thing, a non-football act is unacceptable and downright cowardly. He's out of control, he needs to be dealt with swiftly and harshly. The game doesn't need a player like that. He's too good of a player to have to resort to garbage like that. As he is now, I sure wouldn't want him on my team.
November 25, 201114 yr Fine, even if it's not a huge difference it's crystal clear that he doesn't understand where the fine line is and you're missing the bigger picture here. Suh has now showed that he has a problem. Look at all the personal fouls he already has, all the fines. A personal foul is one thing, a non-football act is unacceptable and downright cowardly. He's out of control, he needs to be dealt with swiftly and harshly. The game doesn't need a player like that. He's too good of a player to have to resort to garbage like that. As he is now, I sure wouldn't want him on my team. Am I missing the bigger picture? I say fine him and suspend him- just like you have said. My point is simply that I want Suh on my team and his attitude and playing on the edge do not bother me as much as some have stated it bothers them. I do not see him as much of a "liability". Haynesworth ripped Gurode's helmet off, threw him on the ground, then stomped at Gurode's head- then when he missed the first time, he did it again and made sure that he connected the second time (Gurode needed 30 stitches). He got 5 games without pay- it cost him roughly $200,000. Is what Suh did worse; is it the same; is it comparable? I say it is significantly less malicious. Give him a game and $25,000 in fines. He deserves that. I can even see 2 games and $50,000. Some folks have asked for 5 games and $100,000 in fines- I do not agree with that based on precedent. BTW, Haynesworth went on to win defensive player of the year the following season. I would say that he was worth the "liability" for Tennessee. Suh is at the level Haynesworth was then, so I want him playing for my team. Ray Lewis is a legend- he was fined for helmet to helmet contact on Hines Ward this season. Ryan Clark has made Pro Bowls- he has two fines this season for personal fouls. James Harrison win defensive player of the year awards and dominates- he also collects those same fines for personal fouls. These guys stomp on someone in their next game, are we saying the same about them? I still think the most egregious act by Suh was his lack of an apology, not the stomp itself. Things get heated in a football game; you do things you regret. I think he should apologize, but I am not thinking less of Suh because he didn't. Suh is an attitude football player. He is going to get personal fouls; he is going to get fines; he is on the edge. He is also the best interior lineman in the league- I want him on my team. If he keeps stomping on guys, then by all means raise the stakes on him. Fine him and suspend him until he learns his lesson. He made a mistake. Look at the precedent and treat him accordingly.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.