Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ndamukong Suh is a Punk and a Cheap-shot Artist

Featured Replies

The one thing that really impressed me was how the Packer player (#62) just got up and walked away after being stomped on. Class vs cluelessness.

 

:thumb:

  • Replies 137
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can play aggressive and smart, he plays stupid and dirty. He just went over the rules Goodell and then pulls this idiotic move. Habib is right, he's a liability for the NFL.

 

I like guys that push the line between aggressive and dirty. I don't think anyone wants to see something unsportsmanlike such as what happened yesterday, but i can't imagine any coach in the country would not want someone like Suh on their team.

 

100% disagree- there is not a huge difference between reckless and aggressive. There is not a huge difference between tenacious and dirty. Sometimes the only difference is the ref throwing the flag- it is a very subjective distinction. Ask Jeff Fisher if Cortland Finnegan is dirty- then ask Andre Johnson. Ask Mike Tomlin or Bill Cowher if Hines Ward is dirty- then ask Keith Rivers. Ask Bill Parcells or Tony Sparano if Richie Incognito is dirty- then ask any DT in the AFC East. Even the vaunted Ray Lewis has his detractors that will tell you that he head hunts- ask a Steeler.

 

I am not trying to defend Suh- what he did yesterday was dirty. He is not the first guy that I have seen kick at, swing at, punch, stomp, push or whatever. He is one of the many NFL players that allowed his emotions to get the best of him and do something dumb on the field. Fine him and suspend him and then move on to the next one. I am more disappointed in the fact that he didn't show some sort of remorse than the action itself. Again, I do not hold it against him that he doesn't show remorse- that is all a part of the attitude that has made him into the great player that he is.

:thumb:

fyi...

 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7278879/ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-stomp-reviewed-week

 

NFL: Ndamukong Suh review next week

 

DETROIT -- Ndamukong Suh's stomp in Thursday's game that led to the Detroit defensive lineman's ejection will be reviewed by the league next week.

 

Plays from Week 12 that would be reviewed for potential discipline will be done under normal circumstances, after all games are completed, an NFL spokesman said.

Am I missing the bigger picture? I say fine him and suspend him- just like you have said. My point is simply that I want Suh on my team and his attitude and playing on the edge do not bother me as much as some have stated it bothers them.

 

I do not see him as much of a "liability". Haynesworth ripped Gurode's helmet off, threw him on the ground, then stomped at Gurode's head- then when he missed the first time, he did it again and made sure that he connected the second time (Gurode needed 30 stitches). He got 5 games without pay- it cost him roughly $200,000. Is what Suh did worse; is it the same; is it comparable? I say it is significantly less malicious. Give him a game and $25,000 in fines. He deserves that. I can even see 2 games and $50,000. Some folks have asked for 5 games and $100,000 in fines- I do not agree with that based on precedent. BTW, Haynesworth went on to win defensive player of the year the following season. I would say that he was worth the "liability" for Tennessee. Suh is at the level Haynesworth was then, so I want him playing for my team.

 

Ray Lewis is a legend- he was fined for helmet to helmet contact on Hines Ward this season. Ryan Clark has made Pro Bowls- he has two fines this season for personal fouls. James Harrison win defensive player of the year awards and dominates- he also collects those same fines for personal fouls. These guys stomp on someone in their next game, are we saying the same about them? I still think the most egregious act by Suh was his lack of an apology, not the stomp itself. Things get heated in a football game; you do things you regret. I think he should apologize, but I am not thinking less of Suh because he didn't.

 

Suh is an attitude football player. He is going to get personal fouls; he is going to get fines; he is on the edge. He is also the best interior lineman in the league- I want him on my team. If he keeps stomping on guys, then by all means raise the stakes on him. Fine him and suspend him until he learns his lesson. He made a mistake. Look at the precedent and treat him accordingly. :cool:

 

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

 

You are handling this beautifully so I'll just keep giving you :thumb:.

No need for me to add anything.

I think you all comparing Suh to a guy like Ray Lewis are missing the forest for the trees. There's a difference between intensity and tenacity and a player that clearly has no restraint and is blatantly trying to injure people after the whistle. Guys like Haynesworth and Finnegan have demonstrated their value over time, and it's not worth much. Is anyone surprised that a guy like Haynesworth who couldn't restrain himself has proven to be an uncoachable money pit? Suh appears to be following that path diligently. Give me guys like Terrell Suggs, not Suh. They are going to cost you in the long run, if they can even stay on the field in the short run.

Edited by Habib

I think you all comparing Suh to a guy like Ray Lewis are missing the forest for the trees. There's a difference between intensity and tenacity and a player that clearly has no restraint and is blatantly trying to injure people after the whistle. Guys like Haynesworth and Finnegan have demonstrated their value over time, and it's not worth much. Is anyone surprised that a guy like Haynesworth who couldn't restrain himself has proven to be an uncoachable money pit? Suh appears to be following that path diligently. Give me guys like Terrell Suggs, not Suh. They are going to cost you in the long run, if they can even stay on the field in the short run.

 

My point is simply that Suh is still a great player, regardless of what he did in stomping on the Packer player. I want him on my team. I do not get overly worked up if he picks up personal fouls because many great players do. I do not get overly worked up about the fines because many great players do that too, including Ray Lewis.

 

Folks who are using this incident to define his character as a person are missing the forest for the trees. Suh, in this thread, has been called a coward, a liar, a liability, delusional, a punk, clueless and classless. Ray has made much bigger mistakes off the field than the one Suh had yesterday on it.

 

What he did was stupid- not apologizing is flat wrong. Why do we need to take it past that? Suspend him, fine him, decide you do not want him playing for your favorite team. That is all good. The other stuff, I do not get. I still want Suh on my team because he is a beast and I love the edge that he plays with. I do not think he will put himself in this situation again. The next game he misses will be his first since his freshman year of college. He has donated over $2 million to Nebraska and endowed a scholarship there. He was all pro as a rookie and the defensive rookie of the year. He is still on pace to be a pro bowler this year. I'll judge him on all of this and say, yes, he can play for my team any day. :thumb:

My point is simply that Suh is still a great player, regardless of what he did in stomping on the Packer player. I want him on my team. I do not get overly worked up if he picks up personal fouls because many great players do. I do not get overly worked up about the fines because many great players do that too, including Ray Lewis.

 

Folks who are using this incident to define his character as a person are missing the forest for the trees. Suh, in this thread, has been called a coward, a liar, a liability, delusional, a punk, clueless and classless. Ray has made much bigger mistakes off the field than the one Suh had yesterday on it.

 

What he did was stupid- not apologizing is flat wrong. Why do we need to take it past that? Suspend him, fine him, decide you do not want him playing for your favorite team. That is all good. The other stuff, I do not get. I still want Suh on my team because he is a beast and I love the edge that he plays with. I do not think he will put himself in this situation again. The next game he misses will be his first since his freshman year of college. He has donated over $2 million to Nebraska and endowed a scholarship there. He was all pro as a rookie and the defensive rookie of the year. He is still on pace to be a pro bowler this year. I'll judge him on all of this and say, yes, he can play for my team any day. :thumb:

 

born2reign is on fire.....:thumb::thumb::thumb:

  • Author
Am I missing the bigger picture? I say fine him and suspend him- just like you have said. My point is simply that I want Suh on my team and his attitude and playing on the edge do not bother me as much as some have stated it bothers them.

 

I do not see him as much of a "liability". Haynesworth ripped Gurode's helmet off, threw him on the ground, then stomped at Gurode's head- then when he missed the first time, he did it again and made sure that he connected the second time (Gurode needed 30 stitches). He got 5 games without pay- it cost him roughly $200,000. Is what Suh did worse; is it the same; is it comparable? I say it is significantly less malicious. Give him a game and $25,000 in fines. He deserves that. I can even see 2 games and $50,000. Some folks have asked for 5 games and $100,000 in fines- I do not agree with that based on precedent. BTW, Haynesworth went on to win defensive player of the year the following season. I would say that he was worth the "liability" for Tennessee. Suh is at the level Haynesworth was then, so I want him playing for my team.

 

Ray Lewis is a legend- he was fined for helmet to helmet contact on Hines Ward this season. Ryan Clark has made Pro Bowls- he has two fines this season for personal fouls. James Harrison win defensive player of the year awards and dominates- he also collects those same fines for personal fouls. These guys stomp on someone in their next game, are we saying the same about them? I still think the most egregious act by Suh was his lack of an apology, not the stomp itself. Things get heated in a football game; you do things you regret. I think he should apologize, but I am not thinking less of Suh because he didn't.

 

Suh is an attitude football player. He is going to get personal fouls; he is going to get fines; he is on the edge. He is also the best interior lineman in the league- I want him on my team. If he keeps stomping on guys, then by all means raise the stakes on him. Fine him and suspend him until he learns his lesson. He made a mistake. Look at the precedent and treat him accordingly. :cool:

Yes, you are completely missing the bigger picture. Read his comments after the game, they've been posted. He doesn't get it. He doesn't think he really did anything wrong. All you're doing is what he's doing, making excuses. No one said he wasn't talented, but that talent will be short lived if it doesn't sink in.
Yes, you are completely missing the bigger picture. Read his comments after the game, they've been posted. He doesn't get it. He doesn't think he really did anything wrong. All you're doing is what he's doing, making excuses. No one said he wasn't talented, but that talent will be short lived if it doesn't sink in.

 

Are you reading b2r's posts? He hasn't excused any of his behavior, even agreed that he should be suspended/fined/disciplined and that his apology was awful. All he said differently from anyone else is that he'd take Suh on his team and that compared to past precedence Suh likely won't be suspended or disciplined worse than Haynesworth. He also thinks that Suh will learn his lesson sooner rather than later.

  • Author
My point is simply that Suh is still a great player, regardless of what he did in stomping on the Packer player. I want him on my team. I do not get overly worked up if he picks up personal fouls because many great players do. I do not get overly worked up about the fines because many great players do that too, including Ray Lewis.

 

Folks who are using this incident to define his character as a person are missing the forest for the trees. Suh, in this thread, has been called a coward, a liar, a liability, delusional, a punk, clueless and classless. Ray has made much bigger mistakes off the field than the one Suh had yesterday on it.

 

What he did was stupid- not apologizing is flat wrong. Why do we need to take it past that? Suspend him, fine him, decide you do not want him playing for your favorite team. That is all good. The other stuff, I do not get. I still want Suh on my team because he is a beast and I love the edge that he plays with. I do not think he will put himself in this situation again. The next game he misses will be his first since his freshman year of college. He has donated over $2 million to Nebraska and endowed a scholarship there. He was all pro as a rookie and the defensive rookie of the year. He is still on pace to be a pro bowler this year. I'll judge him on all of this and say, yes, he can play for my team any day. :thumb:

Will you get worked up if he breaks someone's neck in one of his fits of rage and paralyzes them for life. I'm not talking an injury from a football hit, I'm talking about one of his classless, bush league, non-football, idiotic cheap-shots.

Just because you think he won't do it again doesn't mean he won't. He shows no signs of remorse for his actions. That's a red flag, it shows there's a deeper issue there. All the good he's done off the field is being overshadowed by his classlessness on the field and his obvious lack of concern about it.

I'm not saying he shouldn't ever get to play again, I'm saying he needs a strong message, stronger than you're willing to send him.

Will you get worked up if he breaks someone's neck in one of his fits of rage and paralyzes them for life. I'm not talking an injury from a football hit, I'm talking about one of his classless, bush league, non-football, idiotic cheap-shots.

Just because you think he won't do it again doesn't mean he won't. He shows no signs of remorse for his actions. That's a red flag, it shows there's a deeper issue there. All the good he's done off the field is being overshadowed by his classlessness on the field and his obvious lack of concern about it.

I'm not saying he shouldn't ever get to play again, I'm saying he needs a strong message, stronger than you're willing to send him.

 

Again, you can't suspend Suh longer than Haynesworth was suspended. Suh would win the appeal for a shorter suspension easily. That is all b2r is saying.

  • Author
Are you reading b2r's posts? He hasn't excused any of his behavior, even agreed that he should be suspended/fined/disciplined and that his apology was awful. All he said differently from anyone else is that he'd take Suh on his team and that compared to past precedence Suh likely won't be suspended or disciplined worse than Haynesworth. He also thinks that Suh will learn his lesson sooner rather than later.
Are you reading mine? It's not like I'm saying kick him out of the league, I'm saying send him a strong message. I disagree that he'll learn anything with a one game suspension.
  • Author
Again, you can't suspend Suh longer than Haynesworth was suspended. Suh would win the appeal for a shorter suspension easily. That is all b2r is saying.
How many incidents did Haynesworth have before that incident? How many fines? Was he called on the carpet just prior to it?
Are you reading mine? It's not like I'm saying kick him out of the league, I'm saying send him a strong message. I disagree that he'll learn anything with a one game suspension.

 

Nobody is disagreeing with that. I think all we are saying is that 5 is too much.

  • Author
Nobody is disagreeing with that. I think all we are saying is that 5 is too much.
And 1 or 2 is too little.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.