Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ndamukong Suh is a Punk and a Cheap-shot Artist

Featured Replies

How many incidents did Haynesworth have before that incident? How many fines? Was he called on the carpet just prior to it?

 

Don't know. I'd have to do research and I am three beers in and headed to the Mexican restaurant with the lady. Give him 4 games. Suits me fine. If Haynesworth gets 5 for causing injury to someone and ruining that guy's career, if I am not mistaken, then to give Suh anything more than 4 is excessive based on how they have treated non-football actions before.

  • Replies 137
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Don't know. I'd have to do research and I am three beers in and headed to the Mexican restaurant with the lady. Give him 4 games. Suits me fine. If Haynesworth gets 5 for causing injury to someone and ruining that guy's career, if I am not mistaken, then to give Suh anything more than 4 is excessive based on how they have treated non-football actions before.
I could live with 4. I honestly think he deserves that much. He's been a bit of a loose cannon.

He definitely needs it sunk into his skull that he was in the wrong and the only aggressor and that it cannot be tolerated. Call him in to the office and if he still is talking stupid after the meeting then I would be okay with them parking him for the rest of the year.

 

 

I'd still take him on the Bucs any day. He'd line up next to Haynesworth. :lol: :lol:

Yes, you are completely missing the bigger picture. Read his comments after the game, they've been posted. He doesn't get it. He doesn't think he really did anything wrong. All you're doing is what he's doing, making excuses. No one said he wasn't talented, but that talent will be short lived if it doesn't sink in.

 

How many times do I have to write that he should be suspended and fined- 1 game, maybe 2 games; $25,000-$50,000.

 

How many times do I have to write that his biggest mistake in all of this is that he did not apologize in those post game comments?

 

What excuse have I offered- I have offered facts. The fact is Suh overreacted in the heat of an NFL game and did something he should not have. The fact is he was ejected for that behavior. The fact is that Suh's prior acts of accumulaton personal fouls and fines are no more egregious than numerous other players that are at his stature in the league. The fact is that there is precedent for a similar act and punishment. The fact is that Suh should not be labeled the way he has been in this thread because of his on field mistake on Thanksgiving while we hold up a guy like Ray Lewis as the model for how Suh should behave considering Ray's past and Suh's track record off of the field for giving back.

 

The fact is that Suh plays football at a higher level than almost everyone else in the league and everyone at his position, IMO. The Packer game does not change that. I understand exactly what I would be getting in Suh- a guy who has shown immense talent, but needs to mature on the field and is a model for what I want from my players off of the field. He plays nasty- that does not distinguish him from legions of players past or present. He needs to tone it down and I think this incident will be the lesson for him.

 

That is the picture for me- explain what I am missing? Just because we disagree does not mean I do not see the whole picture. :cool:

My point is simply that Suh is still a great player, regardless of what he did in stomping on the Packer player. I want him on my team. I do not get overly worked up if he picks up personal fouls because many great players do. I do not get overly worked up about the fines because many great players do that too, including Ray Lewis.

 

Folks who are using this incident to define his character as a person are missing the forest for the trees. Suh, in this thread, has been called a coward, a liar, a liability, delusional, a punk, clueless and classless. Ray has made much bigger mistakes off the field than the one Suh had yesterday on it.

 

What he did was stupid- not apologizing is flat wrong. Why do we need to take it past that? Suspend him, fine him, decide you do not want him playing for your favorite team. That is all good. The other stuff, I do not get. I still want Suh on my team because he is a beast and I love the edge that he plays with. I do not think he will put himself in this situation again. The next game he misses will be his first since his freshman year of college. He has donated over $2 million to Nebraska and endowed a scholarship there. He was all pro as a rookie and the defensive rookie of the year. He is still on pace to be a pro bowler this year. I'll judge him on all of this and say, yes, he can play for my team any day. :thumb:

 

He obviously has all the potential in the world. But I think it's obvious he doesn't have the will to listen or to keep a level head. If other players like him are any indication (Haynesworth, for instance) he's going to be a mess in a few years. I sincerely doubt disciplined coaches and organizations would put up with his behavior and attitude.

 

He said after the game that he was the victim, he was just trying to stand up and that he was being unfairly maligned by the media. If that isn't delusional I don't know what it is. It shows he is wildly out of touch and completely unwilling to own up to his behavior. That's not the mentality I would want to invest money in.

 

I also think you are wrong to compare what he did in this game, what he did to Dalton and Delhomme, to helmet to helmet hits or roughing the passer penalties. The latter could easily happen inadvertently during play, the former actions are deliberate and egregious violence. You can give him the benefit of the doubt after one mistake, but there is a growing pattern and a blatant refusal to curtail it. That's not sustainable in the NFL, whether the league intervenes or whether he becomes a journeyman for bottom-dwellers.

Will you get worked up if he breaks someone's neck in one of his fits of rage and paralyzes them for life. I'm not talking an injury from a football hit, I'm talking about one of his classless, bush league, non-football, idiotic cheap-shots.

Just because you think he won't do it again doesn't mean he won't. He shows no signs of remorse for his actions. That's a red flag, it shows there's a deeper issue there. All the good he's done off the field is being overshadowed by his classlessness on the field and his obvious lack of concern about it.

I'm not saying he shouldn't ever get to play again, I'm saying he needs a strong message, stronger than you're willing to send him.

 

Did he break the dude's neck? Haynesworth almost got Gurode's eye and actually caused him to have to get 30 stitches. You want Suh punished worse when the results were significantly less malicious. I do not think that will happen.

 

I 100% disagree that Suh's work off of the field is over shadowed by the Packer's game. We will never see eye to eye on that.

He obviously has all the potential in the world. But I think it's obvious he doesn't have the will to listen or to keep a level head. If other players like him are any indication (Haynesworth, for instance) he's going to be a mess in a few years. I sincerely doubt disciplined coaches and organizations would put up with his behavior and attitude.

 

He said after the game that he was the victim, he was just trying to stand up and that he was being unfairly maligned by the media. If that isn't delusional I don't know what it is. It shows he is wildly out of touch and completely unwilling to own up to his behavior. That's not the mentality I would want to invest money in.

 

I also think you are wrong to compare what he did in this game, what he did to Dalton and Delhomme, to helmet to helmet hits or roughing the passer penalties. The latter could easily happen inadvertently during play, the former actions are deliberate and egregious violence. You can give him the benefit of the doubt after one mistake, but there is a growing pattern and a blatant refusal to curtail it. That's not sustainable in the NFL, whether the league intervenes or whether he becomes a journeyman for bottom-dwellers.

 

We can look at Suh and say he could be the next Haynesworth (who, by the way, won the defensive player of the year after all of this), or look at other guys that have made major mistakes and turned their careers around (a la a Chris Carter) and say this will be his path. I think, in looking at Suh, I am apt to go with the later and not the former.

We can look at Suh and say he could be the next Haynesworth (who, by the way, won the defensive player of the year after all of this), or look at other guys that have made major mistakes and turned their careers around (a la a Chris Carter) and say this will be his path. I think, in looking at Suh, I am apt to go with the later and not the former.

 

I feel like we watched different press conferences. There's no reason for me to believe anything is going to change.

I feel like we watched different press conferences. There's no reason for me to believe anything is going to change.

 

Maybe he doesn't. Then, as I have said, fine him and suspend him until he does change. I do not see the NFL looking at that incident and saying it is the same as Haynesworth's, therefore, I think 1-2 games is what we will see and $25,000-$50,000 is the fine we will see.

I think Suh will get 3 games and I think that's about right. Doesn't matter much for the Lions because they aren't making the playoffs this year anyway.

 

I haven't seen all of Suh's personal fouls, so I can't comment on how he's played prior to yesterday. But, the bottom line for me is that what he did was unacceptable, and is unacceptable. I don't care if a player has a history or not, I think an act like that should result in a multiple game suspension. Period. No matter the offender.

  • Author
How many times do I have to write that he should be suspended and fined- 1 game, maybe 2 games; $25,000-$50,000.

 

How many times do I have to write that his biggest mistake in all of this is that he did not apologize in those post game comments?

 

What excuse have I offered- I have offered facts. The fact is Suh overreacted in the heat of an NFL game and did something he should not have. The fact is he was ejected for that behavior. The fact is that Suh's prior acts of accumulaton personal fouls and fines are no more egregious than numerous other players that are at his stature in the league. The fact is that there is precedent for a similar act and punishment. The fact is that Suh should not be labeled the way he has been in this thread because of his on field mistake on Thanksgiving while we hold up a guy like Ray Lewis as the model for how Suh should behave considering Ray's past and Suh's track record off of the field for giving back.

 

The fact is that Suh plays football at a higher level than almost everyone else in the league and everyone at his position, IMO. The Packer game does not change that. I understand exactly what I would be getting in Suh- a guy who has shown immense talent, but needs to mature on the field and is a model for what I want from my players off of the field. He plays nasty- that does not distinguish him from legions of players past or present. He needs to tone it down and I think this incident will be the lesson for him.

 

That is the picture for me- explain what I am missing? Just because we disagree does not mean I do not see the whole picture. :cool:

How many times do I have to type 1 or 2 games isn't enough? The fact is this isn't his first offense, or second or third... Getting the picture?

He'll have several weeks where he can go on some Sunday drives in his Chrysler.

  • Author
Did he break the dude's neck? Haynesworth almost got Gurode's eye and actually caused him to have to get 30 stitches. You want Suh punished worse when the results were significantly less malicious. I do not think that will happen.

 

I 100% disagree that Suh's work off of the field is over shadowed by the Packer's game. We will never see eye to eye on that.

How many prior incidents did Haynesworth have leading up to that offence?

 

What do you hear more about? What's getting more play?

  • Author
He obviously has all the potential in the world. But I think it's obvious he doesn't have the will to listen or to keep a level head. If other players like him are any indication (Haynesworth, for instance) he's going to be a mess in a few years. I sincerely doubt disciplined coaches and organizations would put up with his behavior and attitude.

 

He said after the game that he was the victim, he was just trying to stand up and that he was being unfairly maligned by the media. If that isn't delusional I don't know what it is. It shows he is wildly out of touch and completely unwilling to own up to his behavior. That's not the mentality I would want to invest money in.

 

I also think you are wrong to compare what he did in this game, what he did to Dalton and Delhomme, to helmet to helmet hits or roughing the passer penalties. The latter could easily happen inadvertently during play, the former actions are deliberate and egregious violence. You can give him the benefit of the doubt after one mistake, but there is a growing pattern and a blatant refusal to curtail it. That's not sustainable in the NFL, whether the league intervenes or whether he becomes a journeyman for bottom-dwellers.

Nailed it! :thumb:

 

I feel like we watched different press conferences. There's no reason for me to believe anything is going to change.
I kind of feel the same way, not sure what he was watching.
  • Author
Maybe he doesn't. Then, as I have said, fine him and suspend him until he does change. I do not see the NFL looking at that incident and saying it is the same as Haynesworth's, therefore, I think 1-2 games is what we will see and $25,000-$50,000 is the fine we will see.
Again, how many prior incidents did Haynesworth have leading up to that offence?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.