Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 75 Kansas 65

Featured Replies

Talk about some balance scoring for the Cats...

 

Jones - 15

Davis - 14

Kidd-Gilchrist - 12

Lamb - 17

Teague - 12

 

Guess I was right about predicting that Lamb would be high scorer. I love this team!

 

This is what I took as the greatest encouragement from the game. Outside of Gilchrist, it seems like the other four guys went on their own, personal mini-runs. Jones and Davis in the first half & Davis to start the second, then Teague, then Lamb. Against higher-caliber opponents, I look for a balanced scoring attack from this squad.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was non stop. There was at least six or seven occasions in which he said something to the effect of "oh thats too much, you don't have to show up the other guy just play baby just play."

 

Sad thing was it got to the point that somebody hit a three and threw up some 3 goggles and he starts ripping about that. After Jones showed some emotion after hitting the three he said something like "no need for that just get back on defense."

 

 

I mean the way he harped on it really rubbed me the wrong way. Had Kentucky's guys been acting thugish and unsportsmanlike I could see the fuss but they did not cross any lines last night. I personally like seeing all the swag and intensity.

 

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb470/funKYcat75/dickie3.gif

 

:D

16-29.

 

I believe Cal could take Pete Maravich (in his heyday) and make him a 25% free throw shooter within one week. FF's really hurt his teams against Kansas in '08, West Virginia in '10, and UConn last year. I hope it's not the downfall of this team.

I believe Cal could take Pete Maravich (in his heyday) and make him a 25% free throw shooter within one week. FF's really hurt his teams against Kansas in '08, West Virginia in '10, and UConn last year. I hope it's not the downfall of this team.

 

71% from the line last year as a team. :idunno:

71% from the line last year as a team. :idunno:

 

Correct, but they stunk it up in the Final Four.

 

Say what you want about Cal, but as The Professor pointed out, free throw shooting has kept him from winning at least one championship. More than likely, two championships.

Hats off to WildcatScratchFever who predicted on a previous thread

Kentucky 78

Kansas 68:notworthy::thumb:

Hats off to WildcatScratchFever who predicted on a previous thread

Kentucky 78

Kansas 68:notworthy::thumb:

 

That's pretty impressive!

Shoot better from the three point line? Really? They were 7-15 or 46%, how much better do you want?

 

My head is still ringing from listening to Vitale go on and on about the 3 goggles. Did anyone else find that to be annoying?

 

Somehow I mistyped that or my phone auto-corrected it. I meant from the free throw line.

Hats off to WildcatScratchFever who predicted on a previous thread

Kentucky 78

Kansas 68:notworthy::thumb:

 

I guess I am really good at guessing.:lol:

I believe Cal could take Pete Maravich (in his heyday) and make him a 25% free throw shooter within one week. FF's really hurt his teams against Kansas in '08, West Virginia in '10, and UConn last year. I hope it's not the downfall of this team.

 

Last years team was a good free throw shooting team. They did have a poor performance in the final four, however for the year and even throughout the tournament before the final four they shot it well.

Teague looked like a lost Michael Porter in the 1st half with all the turnovers. He played much better in the 2nd half in fact the team played much better and took care of the ball in the 2nd stanza. I love MKG's game, he is nasty on defense and if he can show he can drop that mid range jumper he will be very very good. I thought he could have taken his defender at any time last night but he didnt attack as much as I thought he should.

Shoot better from the three point line? Really? They were 7-15 or 46%, how much better do you want?

 

My head is still ringing from listening to Vitale go on and on about the 3 goggles. Did anyone else find that to be annoying?

 

That killed me. Its just swag. If UK does it and loses then the Cats just look dumb. But it doesn't hurt anyone.

Vitale is still talking about the posing, flexing, and three goggles of the Kentucky team during the St. John's vs. Arizona game...give it a break man. Bad news, he's calling the UK vs. UNC game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.