November 16, 201114 yr This UK team is very talented. They have to take better care of the ball and shoot better from the three point line. I will predict that they will break the team record for blocked shots in a season. Nice, if somewhat sloppy win.
November 16, 201114 yr Anthony Davis can jump..... Spud Webb could jump. Anthony Davis is 6'10" plus with a 7'5" wingspan and a great feel for how to use it. Not really the same thing...
November 16, 201114 yr Solid, not great, showing to start the season. I am concerned about teams with strong post players.
November 16, 201114 yr Very nice win for UK. Jnoes, Davis and MKG were really good for most of the night. I still say this team goes as Mook goes and that was evident between the two halves. Once he settled down some the offense got in rhythm and they took off...
November 16, 201114 yr I said this in the game thread. Even though the freshman are so talented, Darius Miller will need to get more minutes than what it seemed like he got tonight. He has gotten better every year and will play team ball but also gives us another three point shooter. I wouldn't be surprised if that was just part of Calipari's plan though tonight. Even though Kidd-Gilchrist struggled early, he stayed with him. It was about getting these freshman as much experience in these types of games, because he knows Miller is use to it already being a Senior. Good win tonight, Go Cats!
November 16, 201114 yr I am concerned about teams with strong post players. Legit concern because of depth more than anything. Foul trouble with Jones or Davis really puts them in a bind...
November 16, 201114 yr I still say this team goes as Mook goes Couldn't agree more. Sloppy game on both sides. Like Clyde, I'm concerned about teams with solid post play. Thought Lamb played a solid game & MKG was a workhorse in many facets. I love that kid. Enjoyed Vitale's comment..."Just play hoops."
November 16, 201114 yr UK ran an entirely different offensive set in the second half. Went away from the screen and roll and more into a motion like set using staggers and curls. It forced them to create offense with the pass rather than the dribble. They were selfish in the first half and took quick shots and stood around. Teague just made poor choices in the first half, dribbled into trouble too much. I'll chalk most of this up to nerves, big stage and playing a team that was going to be physical. Sure teams with low post bulk will give them problems but this team is long enough to double and recover. They will be able to counter it. I also expect them to work some zone in once they get to Christmas break. Offensively, the sky is the limit, once they figure it out. I thought the one guy who was really really good and should have played more was Miller. I'll take this win...they have a lot to learn.
November 16, 201114 yr This team will be a slow starter, but I think they put it all together come late Feb/early March. The pieces are there, just need to get all of the pieces working as a unit. It takes time. I thought the key to this evening's game was when Cal put MKG on Tyshawn Taylor. When you have that length on a guard, it's just nasty. Reminds me a bit of last year with Liggins being a lock down defender. I love MKG's motor. Kid is a warrior. Not pretty, but a win. This team just needs games, lots of them.
November 16, 201114 yr The reason I'm not as worried against teams with a good big man is because the Cats can just let him "get his" and shut down the rest of the team. This team is so ling and quick that it will be near impossible for the other teams shooters to get open looks. I think when it is all said and done, we will see that when Lamb plays well, the Cats play well. I know Teague is the PG, but it seems that Lamb is the guy that makes this offense go. How can you not love MKG and Davis. THeir motor is 100000% at all times and it's a lot of fun to watch. I also agree about Miller getting more minutes. I think the top 6 need to be getting 30+ per game. Injuries are honestly the only thing that worry me with this team.
November 16, 201114 yr Boy these late games are hard on a aging woman. Was so wound up didn't go to sleep till after 2:00 this morning and as usual up early. Sloppy win, but still a win. 2nd half they came and and played more like we expected. Thought Miller really sparked us coming off the bench. Think we will see him in the starting lineup some...depending on the matchups.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.