Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MLB Offseason News.

Featured Replies

  • Author
I pray to God the Cubs aren't trying to get on the Pujols action...
I think they are more interested in Prince but that just a feeling I get.
  • Replies 457
  • Views 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Marlins don't end up trading Hanley, then i'm wondering what they are going to do with their top prospect: Matt Domiguez (3B).

Wasn't 9 years the original offer a while back?

 

It was 9 yrs at 198 mil. This one probably will just be the addition of that option yr and maybe something to own on the team.

I think they are more interested in Prince but that just a feeling I get.

They claim to be more interested in him than Pujols due to age. But the dude is full blown obese already. By the end of the deal he'd have to be standing on first at all times to beat the runner from home. All along I've wanted the Cubs to pass on both Pujols, and Fielder. Fielder needs to go to the AL. If he goes to Miami, I'd be ok with a serviceable 1B such as Gaby Sanchez for the pocket change he would cost compared to Albert and Prince...but that's just me.

  • Author
If the Marlins don't end up trading Hanley, then i'm wondering what they are going to do with their top prospect: Matt Domiguez (3B).
Not sure. At this point I'm confident half of BGP can hit big league pitching better than he can. I think they will be looking to trade Dominguez in some kind of package deal. But I definitely wouldn't consider him their top prospect...probably give that honor to Yelich.
I know I commented on it during the season, but Walt has been VERY questionable the past year and a half or so....He's sat pat when it was obvious to everyone a move needed to be made, then when he finally makes moves, he does so way too late.
It wasn't "obvious" to everyone ... then again, you don't know what Jocketty was offered.

 

Really, the guy helped put together a team that won a division title, and some of you guys can't wait to rip him as soon as you think the team underachieves.

 

It could be worse ... you could've had Jim Hendry.

Prince is no where close to being obese. That's just stupid. He's actually is pretty quick really.

Prince is no where close to being obese. That's just stupid. He's actually is pretty quick really.
I don't care if he's 20 or 50 pounds overweight, or even more than that ... the man can hit.

I wouldn't want to meet Fielder's asking price, but he would be one heck of an upgrade on Carlos Pena.

Prince is no where close to being obese. That's just stupid. He's actually is pretty quick really.

Thinking someone who is 5'11 and 275 lbs. (and that's being nice) is a healthy weight is stupid. Quick or not, the older he gets the heavier he'll get.

I'd like Prince for about 4 or 5 years, but no longer and he's gonna require more years than that.

I'd like Prince for about 4 or 5 years, but no longer and he's gonna require more years than that.

 

Sometimes you have to eat a few years of a bad contract to have a chance to win a championship. Let me ask you this: If the Cubs had a chance to win a World Series in the next 5 years (when Fielder should still be in his prime) and Fielder was the missing piece of the puzzle would you be willing to see him signed for 3-5 years when he might not be able to produce at a high level? The Cubs have the financial resources to cover a bad contract for a couple of years. If you think they have a chance to contend soon why not take a shot?

We don't have a chance to contend for2-3 years though, but if we did, sure why not take that chance...but we aren't going to be good for a while. Which is why I want them to rebuild the farm system and save their $.

I mean I'd let Hitler play RF if he'd help the Cubs win a World Series, but we've burdened ourselves with so many overpriced contracts on players who underperform. I want us to blow it up and start over and mold ourselves after the Rays, and when we're contending make moves for rent-a-players who are upgrades at weak positions.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.