December 7, 201114 yr Not the same. He makes in 1 game what I make in a year. All due respect, HT, because I like you but argument is tired and lame.
December 7, 201114 yr Would you? How greedy can you be? I can't answer that but also I haven't called anyone greedy or diva because I haven't walked in their spikes.
December 7, 201114 yr So you're a diva if the people offering you money are not smart about it? It's greed and ego which are his driving factors, plain and simple. The Cardinals have bent over backwards for him, and now he's financially raping them, so he can be the highest paid player ever. Good for him...
December 7, 201114 yr Huge difference between, I make $60K . Would you take $30k? I know quite a few people that would do your job for $30k?
December 7, 201114 yr All due respect, HT, because I like you but argument is tired and lame. I'm not saying he shouldn't get all he can but it's about the money period. And it's a crazy about of money. I didn't call him a diva. If it wasn't about money he would have already signed. That's all I'm saying.
December 7, 201114 yr I'm not saying he shouldn't get all he can but it's about the money period. And it's a crazy about of money. I didn't call him a diva. If it wasn't about money he would have already signed. That's all I'm saying. So we're blasting a player because it's "about money?"
December 7, 201114 yr I don't think he is greedy. He's played with a chip on his shoulder since being drafted in the 12th round. He then I think was upset that the Cards went "silent" on him after signing Holliday. I honestly think it is more of a respect issue. Is that right? I'm not the judge. Even if he left St. Louis I wouldn't be saying he left because of greed. I would be saying he left in spite of the FO, and how they handled it. I'd have a hard time calling a man who spends his offseason improving the lives of the poorest people in the Dominican. Well here, http://www.pujolsfamilyfoundation.org/about/ just look at the events page. I just have a hard time calling this man "greedy".
December 7, 201114 yr So we're blasting a player because it's "about money?" I'm not blasting him at all. I think you are reading way to deep into what I am saying.
December 7, 201114 yr Author Do you honestly think it's a smart baseball decision to pay, he or Prince what they want? It's short sighted logic.I'm not sure if I've said it on here. But in private to my baseball friends and I think on Twitter I have said from the beginning that I think this contract has the potential to be very damaging. But, to certain teams I can see Pujols being worth that but not solely in terms of wins on the field. For the Cards, he IS the Cards to a large portion of the modern day (young) fans. I think he is worth more to them than any other team and can understand why they would pay him that. Plus, when he is chasing milestones at the end of that contract he will put butts in the seats. For the Marlins, this is their chance to show that they aren't the laughing stock many make them out to be. They want to make a splash and they want to create a new "baseball culture" in South Florida. From the new ballpark--to the name change--to the drastically different uniforms, Loria and the rest of the FO has been doing everything they can to distance themselves from the empty stadiums and fire sale of the past. Pujols is argubably the biggest name in baseball and landing him would complete this transformation while also helping to put a winner on the field (at least in the beginning of his contract). It probably is short-sighted, but they need to change the culture now or it could very well end up as an empty park as well. Also, the same milestone chasing would happen in Miami, just as in Saint Louis. Having said all that, if it were me I'd much rather spend that money on acquiring some pitching and a CF. But, if they want to chase the flashy player I'm not going to sit on the sideline with a frown on my face while everyone else is cheering. I'm hoping that at the end of all of this there is some rotation help to go along with the shiny new toys.
December 7, 201114 yr I'm not blasting him at all. I think you are reading way to deep into what I am saying. You said he was being "absurd" and "greedy." That's all I'm reacting to.
December 7, 201114 yr You said he was being "absurd" and "greedy." That's all I'm reacting to. I said the money they are offering is absurd and yes he is being greedy. I don't think calling him greedy is really bashing him.
December 7, 201114 yr Author Not the same. He makes in 1 game what I make in a year.Your point is? The market dictates what he is worth just as it does for everyone else. Pujols just happens to be in a field where the market has decided that his particular set of skills is worth remarkably more than yours or mine is.
December 7, 201114 yr Your point is? The market dictates what he is worth just as it does for everyone else. Pujols just happens to be in a field where the market has decided that his particular set of skills is worth remarkably more than yours or mine is. And? Doesn't change the fact that's it's an unreal about of money. My point was that he is being greedy and I am right. If he wasn't he would have signed already. I'm not bashing him saying he is a Diva or a bad guy for it. Not really sure why you guys are getting all bent out of shape. I'm not saying he should take less money because it's unfair how much he makes compared to the regular person.
December 7, 201114 yr Author Two questions for those who say Pujols is being greedy. 1. How much money would you like him to make in order to not be greedy? 2. A homeless person would probably say that all of us on here could live for about half of what we make. Do you think we are greedy for taking more money? I mean how much more do we really need?
December 7, 201114 yr Author And? Doesn't change the fact that's it's an unreal about of money. My point was that he is being greedy and I am right. If he wasn't he would have signed already. I'm not bashing him saying he is a Diva or a bad guy for it. Not really sure why you guys are getting all bent out of shape. I'm not saying he should take less money because it's unfair how much he makes compared to the regular person.I'm not bent out of shape at all. It's just a weak argument. I don't see how wanting to get the best deal he can makes him greedy? And why should he sign already, just to make us happy?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.