Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MLB Offseason News.

Featured Replies

  • Author
I hope the Marlins turn out to be the Eagles of the MLB this year.
I hope the Cubs turn out to be....well, I guess...THE CUBS! :lol:
  • Replies 457
  • Views 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of talking but no substance, status quo

That's not bitter at all. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you living in your own world? Anyone who knows anything about baseball can tell you Pujols for 10 years and$200+ million is stupid. And any NL team willing to pay Fielder and his ever expanding waist line near the same amount is stupid. I've not wanted the Cubs to sign either of them to long term deals. But yea, continue to make opinions of others for your own amusement. See how far that takes you.

  • Author
Are you living in your own world? Anyone who knows anything about baseball can tell you Pujols for 10 years and$200+ million is stupid. And any NL team willing to pay Fielder and his ever expanding waist line near the same amount is stupid. I've not wanted the Cubs to sign either of them to long term deals. But yea, continue to make opinions of others for your own amusement. See how far that takes you.
I'm just laughing at your continued anger towards me and open bitterness towards the whole situation. This comment is a perfect example of something I'm sure most would perceive as bitterness:

 

Good! Let him get fatter in Miami and we'll go after Sanchez.
Fair enough. Hanley has definitely earned some skepticism.

 

The Reds would be happy to take him off your hands. :D

  • Author
The Reds would be happy to take him off your hands. :D
Haha, I think we'll keep him for now. :D
  • Author

Juan C Rodriguez (Marlins beat writer) just tweeted:

 

Confirmed: Mark Buehrle down to three teams and #Marlins one of them.

 

Also from Jon Heyman:

 

Lot of activity in dallas. Big deals may come here. Pujols/cards talking. cj/angels talking, rollins/phils talking, buehrle down to 3 teams

I'm just laughing at your continued anger towards me and open bitterness towards the whole situation. This comment is a perfect example of something I'm sure most would perceive as bitterness:

My not caring for your remarks has nothing to do with bitterness of this situation. I don't see how me not wanting my team to go after Pujols or Fielder at the $ it will take to sign them, as being "bitter" as you like to put it. Bitter would apply here if I actually wanted my team in on those players. Maybe you should spend less time trying to needle someone with your immature remarks and making up their opinions for them to base your statements and more time on actually seeing intellectual baseball discussion for what it is?

  • Author
My not caring for your remarks has nothing to do with bitterness of this situation. I don't see how me not wanting my team to go after Pujols or Fielder at the $ it will take to sign them, as being "bitter" as you like to put it. Bitter would apply here if I actually wanted my team in on those players. Maybe you should spend less time trying to needle someone with your immature remarks and making up their opinions for them to base your statements and more time on actually seeing intellectual baseball discussion for what it is?
Oh, intellectual discussions like:

 

Good! Let him get fatter in Miami and we'll go after Sanchez.

I hope the Marlins turn out to be the Eagles of the MLB this year.

Bitter of what? The rainbow uni's of the Marlins? Elton John likes them...

Pujols is coming across like a diva. Wherever he goes, it will cripple them elsewhere on the field. Way to be a team player fat Albert...

 

That's some highbrow stuff there. :sssh:

It's just pure greed to a point. He's made over $100 Mil already in his career. It's obviously about the money or he probably would have already signed with St. Louis. How much money does one person need really? $225 Mil more is just crazy.

 

Old argument that we who do not make millions always make. He's no different than 90% of the players in professional sports nor any different than you and I would most likely be. The market , set by 2 teams, says he's worth about $200M. Why should he take less?

  • Author
Old argument that we who do not make millions always make. He's no different than 90% of the players in professional sports nor any different than you and I would most likely be. The market , set by 2 teams, says he's worth about $200M. Why should he take less?
Bingo!
Bingo!

 

I'm still waiting for Rocket to answer how he is being a diva. Is he demanding that none of the Marlins clubhouse attendants look him in the eye? Demanding smoked salmon for his post-game spread? He fly on a private jet away from the rest of the team?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.