December 7, 201114 yr Author Doesn't change the fact that is absurd and he is a greedy man. That's all.Do you willingly take less at your job?
December 7, 201114 yr Biggest decision of his life, and you want him to make it in 48 hrs? I think its more about seeing if he can get the Marlins and Cards to bid against one another. It's more about being greedy than biggest decision of his life. The state of Missouri has given him the American dream and then some. He knows exactly what he's doing.
December 7, 201114 yr Author Houston Street was traded to San Diego.Did you hear anything on what the final amount was?
December 7, 201114 yr Albert IMO is coming off as a "diva" with his "I need more time" and driving up the price on a team thats given him everything, while handcuffing them from being able to make many moves in the future to surround him with adequate talent. How many hundreds of millions does one person need between contract and endorsements? The "I need more time" is smart - hardly diva. By your definition 99% of MLBers are divas.
December 7, 201114 yr Would you be greedy? Hard to say since I am not in the position but I would like to think I wouldn't be that greedy. I would probably go where I wanted to play the most if I have already made $100 Mil. At some point it's just ridiculous.
December 7, 201114 yr So, in your mind being a diva is wanting what the market says he is worth or taking time to make one of, if not the biggest decisions of his life? Do you honestly think it's a smart baseball decision to pay, he or Prince what they want? It's short sighted logic.
December 7, 201114 yr Did you hear anything on what the final amount was? Street and Cash for PTBNL. Don't know how much cash.
December 7, 201114 yr Do you honestly think it's a smart baseball decision to pay, he or Prince what they want? It's short sighted logic. So you're a diva if the people offering you money are not smart about it?
December 7, 201114 yr Author I'm sure everything looks like a bad deal from the *North Side given their recent success with contracts.... Am I nervous about the Pujols deal? No doubt. Giving that much money to a player for 10 yrs should make anyone nervous. That being said, last night when it looked like there was a good chance (and there still might be) that he would go to the Marlins I was very upset. I just couldn't stand to see him in another uniform, period. I do know for a fact that if the Cardinals didn't think they could win with this, they wouldn't do it. They took a risk with their offers so far, gambling the market wouldn't out pay them. They were wrong and acted quickly. If the Marlins upped there offer more, the Cardinals would respond again. I know what you mean, I think that the deal the Marlins offered has a good chance to be very damaging at the end of the contract. But, after years of frugality I'm not about to complain when Loria has blown open the clasp on the pocketbook. I totally agree with your last paragraph, once the Cards decided to play ball I felt they won...
December 7, 201114 yr Do you willingly take less at your job? Not the same. He makes in 1 game what I make in a year.
December 7, 201114 yr Hard to say since I am not in the position but I would like to think I wouldn't be that greedy. I would probably go where I wanted to play the most if I have already made $100 Mil. At some point it's just ridiculous. Huge difference between, I make $60K and would like $100K, than $150 million and $200 million :lol:. I too think I'd be different. What it boils down to with Pujols, is ego. He wants to be the highest paid ever. Good for him. Go get it. I just don't want him getting it from my team. Soriano and Zambrano were bad enough.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.