Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MLB Offseason News.

Featured Replies

Geesh you guys are taking things way over the top. If you don't think it's greedy to try and get $250 Mil instead of $225 Mil I don't know to tell you. Obviously he is trying to get the best deal and most money doesn't mean it's not being greedy. I'm sure everyone did that at their job at one point in time. It's not about players unions and getting the best deal and being mad he makes more than any of us can dream of. I'm not saying he is a Diva or a bad guy.

 

If you had enough leverage in your current job to demand a 100% increase and you know your competitor would pay you that if you left would you ask your employer for that raise? Or would you say "I don't want to ask them for what the market bears because I would be greedy?"

  • Replies 457
  • Views 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you had enough leverage in your current job to demand a 100% increase and you know your competitor would pay you that if you left would you ask your employer for that raise? Or would you say "I don't want to ask them for what the market bears because I would be greedy?"
Big difference in making 100K and making $25 Mil a year. Of course I would do it. If I had millions in the bank I would quickly pick the place that I wanted to go the most over the place that would pay me the most. If I had a job offer in Boston for 120K and one in Cincinnati for 80K I would take the one in Cincinnati in a heartbeat.
Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

Source: Hanley Ramirez's rep asked the Marlins for a restructured deal. MIA upset with this, will now be looking to trade Hanley (more)

 

Not so fast FormerKY

 

I would have bet the farm that this would happen. Hanley is not easy to deal with.

Big difference in making 100K and making $25 Mil a year. Of course I would do it. If I had millions in the bank I would quickly pick the place that I wanted to go the most over the place that would pay me the most.

 

In regards to being "greedy" it's no different. It's relative. Why would you demand that if it would impact your employer or cause others to ask for a raise? The owner could use that money to improve the business.

I would have bet the farm that this would happen. Hanley is not easy to deal with.

 

I wonder what it would take for them to deal him? His attitude has to kill the value somewhat.

  • Author
I wonder what it would take for them to deal him? His attitude has to kill the value somewhat.
It's definitley killing my work production...
Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

Source: Hanley Ramirez's rep asked the Marlins for a restructured deal. MIA upset with this, will now be looking to trade Hanley (more)

 

Not so fast FormerKY

 

If the Reds don't go after him then I might just give up on our front office.

Edited by Show Stopper
spelling correction

If the Reds don't go after him then I might just give up on our front office.

 

I don't think the Reds can afford him unless Votto is in the trade...

 

11:$11M, 12:$15M, 13:$15.5M, 14:$16M

Ken_Rosenthal: #Marlins prez Samson: Hanley did not ask for contract to be restructured. Hanley not getting traded.

 

Sounds like a real mess.

Reds are interested in Cody Ross and Da meat hook. Yay!!! :rolleyes:

 

johnfayman John Fay

#Reds will consider taking a flyer on Dmitri Young. Jocketty hasn't been able to connect with him yet.

  • Author

Per Ken Rosenthal:

 

#Marlins prez Samson: Hanley did not ask for contract to be restructured. Hanley not getting traded. Hanley critical part of team. #MLB

  • Author
Ken_Rosenthal: #Marlins prez Samson: Hanley did not ask for contract to be restructured. Hanley not getting traded.

 

Sounds like a real mess.

As of now, no member of the Marlins FO or Hanley himself has came out and said anything. Not saying it isn't there, but everything up to this point has came from a "source". I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until then...
  • Author

If my hair starts to fall out or turn grey I think it can definitely be attributed to these winter meetings.

  • Author

I got a good laugh at the second part of this tweet:

 

“@Jon_Heyman: Belief is cj wants to go west (angels) but marlins very aggressive. Angels very practiced at finishing 2nd.”

Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal

Buerhle to #Marlins: 4 yrs, $58M. #MLB

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.