Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MLB Offseason News.

Featured Replies

As a Cards fan I'm sure if I want Pujols to take the deal or not. Yeah, it'll be great to have him for the next 4 years but it's the 6 after that will be a nightmare. The Cards should have re-worked his contract 4 years ago and gave him a 10 year deal at $250. At least then it's all in the good years.

  • Replies 457
  • Views 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Reds fan I hope the Cards get Albert.

  • Author
I'm still waiting for Rocket to answer how he is being a diva. Is he demanding that none of the Marlins clubhouse attendants look him in the eye? Demanding smoked salmon for his post-game spread? He fly on a private jet away from the rest of the team?
You must have missed it tucked in the middle of the highbrow conversation we have been having...

How bout you just give it for me? You're doing such a fantastic job of giving my opinions and taking things out of context and ignoring other stuff directed at you.

I'm sure everything looks like a bad deal from the *North Side given their recent success with contracts....

 

Am I nervous about the Pujols deal? No doubt. Giving that much money to a player for 10 yrs should make anyone nervous. That being said, last night when it looked like there was a good chance (and there still might be) that he would go to the Marlins I was very upset. I just couldn't stand to see him in another uniform, period.

 

I do know for a fact that if the Cardinals didn't think they could win with this, they wouldn't do it. They took a risk with their offers so far, gambling the market wouldn't out pay them. They were wrong and acted quickly. If the Marlins upped there offer more, the Cardinals would respond again.

Edited by Capernicus41
Wrong Neighborhood

How bout you just give it for me? You're doing such a fantastic job of giving my opinions and taking things out of context and ignoring other stuff directed at you.

 

Tell me what you see as "diva" actions/words.

Albert IMO is coming off as a "diva" with his "I need more time" and driving up the price on a team thats given him everything, while handcuffing them from being able to make many moves in the future to surround him with adequate talent. How many hundreds of millions does one person need between contract and endorsements?

As a Reds fan I hope the Cards get Albert.

 

I agree. Maybe not for the first 5 years but it likely won't be a pretty ending.

Edited by HammerTime

I'm sure everything looks like a bad deal from the South Side given their recent success with contracts....

 

Am I nervous about the Pujols deal? No doubt. Giving that much money to a player for 10 yrs should make anyone nervous. That being said, last night when it looked like there was a good chance (and there still might be) that he would go to the Marlins I was very upset. I just couldn't stand to see him in another uniform, period.

 

I do know for a fact that if the Cardinals didn't think they could win with this, they wouldn't do it. They took a risk with their offers so far, gambling the market wouldn't out pay them. They were wrong and acted quickly. If the Marlins upped there offer more, the Cardinals would respond again.

 

South side?

  • Author
How bout you just give it for me? You're doing such a fantastic job of giving my opinions and taking things out of context and ignoring other stuff directed at you.
If you are talking to me, what am I ignoring? If not, I'd love to hear how Pujols is being a "diva"...
Old argument that we who do not make millions always make. He's no different than 90% of the players in professional sports nor any different than you and I would most likely be. The market , set by 2 teams, says he's worth about $200M. Why should he take less?

 

Doesn't change the fact that is absurd and he is a greedy man. That's all.

Albert IMO is coming off as a "diva" with his "I need more time" and driving up the price on a team thats given him everything, while handcuffing them from being able to make many moves in the future to surround him with adequate talent. How many hundreds of millions does one person need between contract and endorsements?

 

Biggest decision of his life, and you want him to make it in 48 hrs?

As a Reds fan I hope the Cards get Albert.

Same here..

Doesn't change the fact that is absurd and he is a greedy man. That's all.

 

Would you be greedy?

  • Author
Albert IMO is coming off as a "diva" with his "I need more time" and driving up the price on a team thats given him everything, while handcuffing them from being able to make many moves in the future to surround him with adequate talent. How many hundreds of millions does one person need between contract and endorsements?
So, in your mind being a diva is wanting what the market says he is worth or taking time to make one of, if not the biggest decisions of his life?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.